Sign in to follow this  
WheelHorse58

C-100 Help

WheelHorse58

Hi there need some help with my c-100. I'm pretty sure that it is not getting fuel. I took the line off going from the tank to the pump, there is fuel there. Then I take the line off of the Carb to see if the fuel is getting there and when I turn it over nothing is coming out. Is there a fuel pump rebuild kit? or do I need a whole new pump? or is that even the problem. Yes it has spark. Let me know what you think. Thanks. :banghead: :thumbs2:

wheelhorsenut69

i know you can get new one's but they are plastic. i took the diaphragm out of a new plastic one and put in the old aluminum one to keep it original i think you should be able to find a nice used one for 40.00 at the most i would imagine the guys here will now were there is one sitting hope you find one. :thumbs2:

rmaynard

If you have a metal fuel pump, chances are it's probably bad. Some of them can be rebuilt, others cannot. A new replacement pump will cost you about $35.00.

dgoyette

I would check for a crack in the fuel line first. Cracks around the hose clamps can be large enough to defeat the pump.

JimD

If you can take it apart, clean it and check the diaphragm for holes by looking at it with a light behind it. If I'm not mistaken, I think our member Buckrancher makes the diaphragms for them.

rmaynard

If I'm not mistaken, I think our member Buckrancher makes the diaphragms for them.

Brian's diaphragms are only for the vacuum type pumps. The K241 uses a cam operated version.

WheelHorse58

Brian's diaphragms are only for the vacuum type pumps. The K241 uses a cam operated version.

This fuel pump is the type ran off the cam. It goes into the motor with the slanted piece which the cam strike with each rotation of the motor to pump fuel into the motor.