Sign in to follow this  
02sierra

d 250 renault engine

02sierra

does anybody have one of these. are they any good, how many cylinders, are they rare any info is good im just wondering about them.

Raider12puller

They are a 4cylinder engine that is rated at 19.9hp. They have alot of power from the ones I have driven. The tractors were only made 3 years.

Uncle BO

They were renault engines if there is a foreign parts yard they were dependable engines the car was a dauphine you can possibly do a search that way. As a old friend of mine said he may have one in the woods as a spare for the engine. :thumbs2:

stevebo

With a different carb/intake set up that motor produces close to 40hp. Parts are not easy to find fom my understanding. You are also dealing with metric hardware....

They are watercooled as well.

rockbuilt

NAPPA auto can get parts for you if you need take the engine model # and you can get engine specific parts but not parts that are tractor specific if that makes sense

as far as power I have a C195 with a 19.9 hp Kholer and the D250 with "19.9" the C195 is great and powerful but does not compare to the D250

I would say the D250 would be more comparable to a compact tractor than a garden tractor

I would like to see a comparison to the biggest JD 400 I think it would be close but I think the WH would win :thumbs2:

squonk

I used to work at a dealership as a auto mechanic that took on the Chrysler/ Eagle/ Renault line. They were the closest thing to a toilet on wheels that I ever saw. The 2.2 Fuego engine leaked oil and antifreeze at will. The Eagle Medallion with the same engine was dubbed "The Unfixable Car" The D250's are way cool looking but I wouldn't want one at any price. :thumbs2:

tiggercl

They are a 4cylinder engine that is rated at 19.9hp. They have alot of power from the ones I have driven. The tractors were only made 3 years.

I am not knowledgable on the D250 tractor although I have spent some considerable time researching and rebuilding a comparable 'donk' from an early Toro Groundsmaster 72.

The engine in the D250 is a Renault / Continental 800 series and uses 4 wet liners. These engines were used in Renault R4 cars (millions) then developed, refined and adapted for other uses... virtually indestructable... Designed in the 60's with production ceasing in the early 70's.

In the D250 it seems that they may have used early 800-01 style engines without oil filter. The Toro 72 engine is rated at 27hp with oil filter and solex carby.

With regards to the Toro 72 / Continental combo in general, the use of metric and imperial spanners and sockets drove me nuts, a 520H on the other hand can be stripped down with two spanners !

Paul