Sign in to follow this  
stevebo

Did some organization in the garage today

stevebo

I want to thank big jim and uncle bo for helping out today. I took the day to organize the garage a bit and been wanting to get the RJ35's out of the storage tents for a while and finally got around to getting it done. I have room for one more which will either be the restored 58RJ or the 60 suburban. For not the pellets will take that spot.

IMG_1567.jpg

IMG_1568.jpg

wallfish

Looks good. I really need to get something like that done.

Uncle BO

steve, you do work hard, :thumbs2: please give me a call asap unclebo :banghead:

Brrly1

Steve, does that 4x4 have a mean angle or is just the way the picture was taken? All though it could be my eyesight. Been looking at magazines, books, sitting at computer and way too much tv. :thumbs2:

:banghead:

P.S. the horses look good. I did the same thing, then moved the shelf to the shed earlier this spring. When I can make it out there I'll shoot a couple pics. Looks Good

stevebo

Burly,

All the supports are plumb. I placed the 4x4's in the center and lag bolted the 2x4's on the corners due to poor planning on my part :thumbs2:

Those eagle eyes missed the tombstone weight I got from you...

Cool... how do you get 'em up and down? Is there a hoist or something or are they meant to stay there for a while? If it were me I'd put each of those to work: (#1) for pulling the dethatcher (#2) for the fertilizer cart and (#3) for the yard sweeper. Nice Herd - even if they are just for looking at.

stevebo

I used this to get them up and down. Now that I built the shelf I plan on keeping this lift and cutting it down shorter which does not look like too much of a difficult thing to do.

IMG_0269.jpg

JimD

Nice job Steve. It's a shame I don't have any that are pretty enough or collectible enough to be on a shelf.

chesbaycruiser

Cool... how do you get 'em up and down?

I'm glad you asked that! I've wondered that same thing every time I've seen a user photo with the tractors stacked up like that.

Wish my garage could accommodate that setup...nice job! :thumbs2:

Gene_S

Cool... how do you get 'em up and down?

I'm glad you asked that! I've wondered that same thing every time I've seen a user photo with the tractors stacked up like that.

Wish my garage could accommodate that setup...nice job! :thumbs2:

I also wondered how you got them up there... Thanks for posting the pictures Steve and it looks really cool with those sweet tractors on the shelf... :banghead:

I've seen quite a few what I call die carts at machine shops sitting around collecting dust. Very good use for it...

stevebo

Since the wife came to the resolution that her car is not going in either side for our 2 car garage until I can muster up the cashola to build a barn I figured why not??

jimbotelho

steve tell the truth now uncle bo and the oldsalty had to pick them up and place them on the shelf

AMC RULES

Umm, now how do you get to the fishing pole? :thumbs2: Priorities?

wallfish

I used this to get them up and down. Now that I built the shelf I plan on keeping this lift and cutting it down shorter which does not look like too much of a difficult thing to do.

Looks like you could raise that shelf and build a second teir to fit six in that same size area. Just a thought before you cut it down.

Coadster32

Nice work Steve. Looks good. :thumbs2:

truckin88

That garage must of had a loit of ball breaking knowing you guys.

HorseFixer

Stacking um? :thumbs2: Great Idea :banghead:

stevebo

Yes Duke I stacked them. Wonder where I have seen that before? No frills version here... :thumbs2:

HorseFixer

Yes Duke I stacked them. Wonder where I have seen that before? No frills version here... :thumbs2:

:banghead: :banghead:

wallfish

Finally got some of mine stacked today.

3 little round hoods fit perfect on a 4 ft x 8 ft shelf.

stevebo

John,

Where are the pictures?