Sign in to follow this  
stevebo

Couple of quesitons a buddy had re 518H

stevebo

All-

I got a call from a buddy who is a first time :thumbs2: owner. He picked up a decent 518H and it came with either a nos foot control or one of our member's repros but not sure. He drained the fluid out of the hydro but the res under the seat did not drain. is it suppose to drain and if so how do you drain it? I was not able to take a look at it so if you now how, please post here and i will call him (he is doing it now).

The other question was how to install the foot control. He said he is just about done but was missing something (how to finish the job). Does anyone have the install instructions? There again, I have never installed one so I really cannot walk him through it over the phone. Thanks in advance !!

TT

See if I remember this correctly...........

The USA 516/518 models have an Eaton 7 hydro unit with it's own reservoir and is not supposed to be serviceable. (although the oil can be suctioned out & replaced with what I believe is 20wt motor oil)

The transaxle oil is serviced separately and should be 10W-30 / 10W-40.

This is the best I can do for the foot control kit:

83900manualcover.jpg

83900manual1.jpg

83900manual2.jpg

83900manual3.jpg

83900manual4.jpg

stevebo

Perfect and thanks Terry !!

AMC RULES

Anyone know if these are still available somewhere?

CasualObserver

NLA. There is a member here who has made reproductions in the past. Perhaps he'll chime in on whether or not he'll be making more. Search for "foot control" or "reproduction" in the classifieds, you'll find the prior posts.

woodchuckfarmer

On your #7 eaton hydro, the oil can be drained . But you have to remove it from the tractor. there is a pluge in the bottom. thats the only way to get at it.

otrelwood

are those instructions for the installation for foot control posted anywhere else?  they are kind of hard to read on my computer thanks

1995 520H+96+97
1 hour ago, otrelwood said:

are those instructions for the installation for foot control posted anywhere else?  they are kind of hard to read on my computer thanks

Push and hold Ctrl on your key board, and push the + button.:greetings-clappingyellow:

otrelwood

thanks