Sign in to follow this  
azc145

Hydaulic Line Removal

azc145

I have a C145 that I need to replace the hydraulic lines on. The hydaulic connection of the hose to the transmission does not want to break loose. An open end wrench does not get enough of the nut on the fitting to break it loose. I tried modifiying a box end wrench but was unsucessful. Is there a special tool that I can purchase that will get a hold of this fitting to remove it? I have attempted to attach an image of the fitting.

Attached Image

post-74-1314074373.jpg

squonk

My suggestion would be a "WeatherHead" socket of the proper hex size. It's a socket designed for hydraulic fittings. It looks like a regular socket but there is part of it cut out to slip over a hydraulic hose and attach to the fitting. You might be able to make one the proper size.

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/tools.asp?t...re=snapon-store

wallfish

Since the old hose is going to be replaced, could you cut the hose part off of the 90 Deg fitting and use a 6 point socket? If that fitting is not a swivel connector you can try your modified wrench plus another wrench on the smaller hex portion and turn them together. Just a couple of suggestions from a backyard hammer mechanic.

shorts

try a line wrench, its kind of a 6 point box wrench with a cutout to fit over the line and it has a lot more meat on the end to keep it from flexing open, also try using a second wrench on the end of the line as a helper

WH854

I read in the manual for an Eaton 1100 to use a 11/16 Crowfoot socket wrench,just my suggestion. :thumbs2: I assume you can get a Crowfoot in all sizes. :banghead:

Chas

azc145

Thank you for all your suggestions. I woke up this morning with the idea to use the box end wrench that I had modified but to also use a set of vice grips to clamp down on the box end wrench to keep the wrench from spreading. This worked when I tried it!!! Thanks again for your support, it helped to inspire me.