Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

Bright headlights

T-Mo

I commented on the hood in the other thread, but I have to say it again. That's a great job, Eldon. You want to do my C-141? :D

• Like 1

kj4kicks

Sure thing ! Let me know what you want done !

Hey, maybe there's a market for customs. What should we call them? Red Rods ?

I love to fabricate weird stuff.

Eldon.

• Like 1

kj4kicks

Happened to stop by my local TSC yesterday. I pass it twice a day, so it's hard to resist!

I saw alot of the lights on Karl's chart, but didn't see any of the halogens, so I couldn't get a price.

• Like 1

nylyon

Mike, do you have any snow removal equipment on the 417? I'm really curious how much better the lights work in the snow, and tomorrow night would be a good test.

• Like 1

Curmudgeon

shoot, I have a good 8" on the ground out there, and still haven't got the blower around. I find if I just drive back and forth, back and forth, back and forth.....

Dale, think SPRING!!!

• Like 1

Sparky

Sighhhhh :D . Well after about 30 minutes of seat time one of the fuses blew on the 418-A and I lost the all dash lights, it stopped charging, and the head/tail lights went out. So I wont be doing any winter activities with it till I fix it. I'm kinda hesitant to stick in a new fuse till I investigate why the one in it blew out.

The new garage project is takin up all my free time so I havent had a chance to get into it.

Mike........

• Like 1

nylyon

:P I remember you mentioning that, sorry. Hey you could always send me the lights and I'll do a review.... :D

• Like 1

Greg B.

Gotta go along with you, Mike. I rarely see a blown fuse as a problem. More often than not, it's a symptom.

Have to say, though, that I'm not in love with the WH practice of using inline fuses. I'd much rather see a proper little fuse block, tucked up under the instrument panel.

Greg B.

• Like 1

nylyon

Dale, you sure do love snow :D

• Like 1

Curmudgeon

With passion!!

Dale

• Like 1

glenn27

On my older C-model, (75)---i did a little research awhile back when this question came up on other sites--and the individual bulbs-bayonet style base--like an #1156 back up bulb in an older car is :

From Napa---Wagner brand bulbs *875 or #876/96--come in seperate blister packs-one is rated 35W/one is 55W...-about $.4.00 per bulb--

this was last year I bought them--they do fine--the front lens feels a little warmer, but not HOT/HOT...

• Like 1

CHARGER9AUTO

Sighhhhh :banghead: . Well after about 30 minutes of seat time one of the fuses blew on the 418-A and I lost the all dash lights, it stopped charging, and the head/tail lights went out. So I wont be doing any winter activities with it till I fix it. I'm kinda hesitant to stick in a new fuse till I investigate why the one in it blew out.

The new garage project is takin up all my free time so I havent had a chance to get into it.

• Like 1

oldandred

On my older C-model, (75)---i did a little research awhile back when this question came up on other sites--and the individual bulbs-bayonet style base--like an #1156 back up bulb in an older car is :

From Napa---Wagner brand bulbs *875 or #876/96--come in seperate blister packs-one is rated 35W/one is 55W...-about $.4.00 per bulb--

this was last year I bought them--they do fine--the front lens feels a little warmer, but not HOT/HOT...

Glenn I painted the inside of two of mine and there brighter than before and it helps

• Like 1

Pacific Dog

Hello All,

I just bought some GE H7610 halogen tractor lamps from an eBay store for $3.95 each plus $6 shipping.

A lot cheaper than anything else I saw out on the web and local wants $25 each!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H7610-Gener...emZ320307060883

Dan in Whittier, CA

• Like 1