Sign in to follow this  
Brrly1

The "Big Ten" with a diff. look

Brrly1

Mike, from what I see Mich. State won 28-14. Didn't get to watch but it sounds like Mich State showed up to play. Ohio State is ahead as of now

3 - 0. Try to keep you updated as it goes. :thumbs2:

:banghead:

C-Series14

Heading home now...will get to watch the second half. Close game!

Go BUCKS!

stevasaurus

Let me be the bearer of bad tidings....Michigan St. 28...Michigan 14 :thumbs2: Some statistics...three years in a row for Michigan St. :banghead::banghead: :D

bk-scouter

I hate to correct you on your 'bad news', but it's the fourth consecutive game that MSU has beaten U of M. Not that anyone is counting...

:thumbs2::banghead::banghead::D:thumbs::thumbs::thanks::ROTF::USA::D

-BK

Brrly1

Like I said Dan Persa doesn't scare me at all. They do have a heck of a player in Coulter, definitely a double threat. Well I 'll take that first win in the legends division. It works for me. :thumbs2:

illinilefttackle

:thumbs2: OUCH! What a Saturday! I have won and lost-losing sucks, but sometimes it teaches you what you are really made of. I t certainly quiets those that are full of themselves. :banghead: Illinois gave the game away, poor tacking, poor play calling. And Michigan, I know "the refs stole the game"- not quite-they got beat...... M State came to play. And Denard kept getting his right pinky hurt; leaving the game when his team needed him the most. He has exceptional talent-but he is not tough enough to play thru the aches and pains of Big Ten football. This week was an attitude adjustment-now we see who can recover and go on-Thanks-Al

stevasaurus

Ya Al...I had a bad feeling about this game from the start. Well, now they can relax and just play some football. We'll see. :thumbs2:

HorseFixer

Yep some people talk out their backsides cause their mouths know better! :thanks: Yep its about time Lil Sister came to play cause she sure as h*ll hasen't in 100 years :thumbs2: There Still alot of football left to play, And plenty of hearts to be broken :D The Spartan's are my #2 Team so I'm glad to see the Wolverines loose to them than anyone else. :thumbs: John you lead the picks with (5) With me at (4) And Steve with (3). We will see The Hawks Nov 5th and the Dime Store Cigar Indian Nov 12th :banghead:

UPDATE: Okay I Edited the Pics, Steve thanks for the correction, :banghead: See I was givin a Pal the Benifit of The Doubt. We will do this Us three all the way to the end of the Season for the Big 10. And then have one for all the Bowls.

Cigar_store_indian.jpg

Cheers ~Duke :thumbs:

stevasaurus

Here are my next week predictions...Michigan and Ohio St. are camping out together on a BYE week.

Illinois at Purdue...Illinois

Indiana at Iowa....Iowa

Nebraska at Minnesota...Nebraska

Penn St. at Northwestern...Northwestern

Wisconsin at Michigan St....Wisconsin

A couple of though calls here...bring it on dudes. :thumbs2:

HorseFixer

Thanks for the corrections Steve :D I corrected my Results. :banghead: I like yer layout on the picks straight and to the point thats the way I will do mine to (easier to count em.) John lets get yer pics in same way! :thumbs2:

Here are my pics

Michigan & Ohio State both Win! :banghead:

Illinois at Purdue...Illinois

Indiana at Iowa....Iowa

Nebraska at Minnesota...Nebraska

Penn St. at Northwestern...Penn St.

Wisconsin at Michigan St....Michigan State

Blue ~ Denotes Different Game Pics from Steve

Note: I am going out on a limb here, Im going with (MSU Lil Sister) :thumbs: the way I seen them play

yesterday, and their Defence is #1 in the country The game is at MSU I smell an upset!

~Duke

Brrly1

Alrighty then, as I look over the picks for the week, I for some reason feel like Steve is going the right way this week. As always the Hawkeyes get my vote playing at home. Next I think I will take Northwestern at home, (Bye,Bye Penn State). I like Wisconsin on the road. Nebraska should romp Minnesota ( sorry jason, rydogg an others from Minn). I guess if I have to I'll go ahead and take Illinois on the road. Go Hawkeyes!!! :thumbs2:

Indiana - Iowa - Go Hawkeyes

Penn State - Northwestern - Wildcats will take this one, HUNGRY

Wisconsin - Mich. State - Badgers

Nebraska - Minnesota - Huskers should rule on this one

Illinois - Purdue - Fighting Illini should win if offense shows up

stevasaurus

OK...we have Red Square back just in time for the Saturday games. Man, that was close. :dunno: Here we go...can't wait for the weekend.

:wh:

Brrly1

Steve, I know what you mean,especially since my favorite past time has been down most of the week. I can't believe the speed that it seems really fast. But that is a good thing. Iowa is the first up with Indiana at 12 noon E.S.T.. Good Luck to the Iowa Hawkeyes (and everyone else I picked) :dunno:

bitten

Illinois at Purdue- Illinois (Might be a bad pick)

Indiana at Iowa- Iowa

Nebraska at Minnesota-Nebraska

Penn State at Northwestern-Penn State

Wisconsin at Michigan State- Wisconsin This is a tough one

As always,

GO BUCKEYES

HorseFixer

I thought about pulling and switching my vote with Whisky (since MSU has a suspended player :help: for last weeks Horse Sh*t crooked conduct. Whisky was undefeated when they rolled into Spartan Stadium last year, and MSU hande their head to them on a plate. :thanks: Whisky??? :dunno: well they have a history of getting beat by the Spartans in tough games, Plus MSU's Defence is even better this year. I guess I will stay with MSU. :wh: I wont be able to watch much football till tonight, cause I hafta get working on the 520 but I will be cking the scores occasionally.

~Duke

stevasaurus

What was Illinois thinking...they looked like they just had to show up for the victory. Purdue 21...Illinois 14. This is like rooting for the Cubs. :wh: Missed tackles, sacks, over thrown passes, no running game, and no defense. Way to through away a BCS bid. They did not come to play today...bottom line. :dunno: This reminded me of last year with the almighty Juice playing in his senior year. We will probably play San Diego St. in the TOILET BOWL at the end of the season. You only get so many chances in a college career, how can you not be up for any game? Congratulations to Purdue and their fans...they came to play today. :help:

illinilefttackle

:dunno: I agree- didn.t come to play today. I remember the bus ride from Champaign to West Lafayette- it can dull your senses. But-bottom line-they got beat last week, and they just gave 50% effort today. They are not pulling together as a Team-maybe time for Zook to go? Thanks-Al

stevasaurus

Al, you have been there, what do you really think? I know Zook came with a bad reputation...kind of...but is it really his fault for not getting his team up for a game...or are these guys just that cocky? :thanks: Personally, I think that Zook has done a good job...we are much better than we were...just can't seem to cross that line into the big time. I just hate to think that beating Michigan this year is going to "again" be the highlight of our season. :thanks: I want to beat Penn St., Ohio St., Wisconsin, Michigan St., Iowa, and Nebraska every year...not just once every 10 or 20 years. A couple of wins here and there would mean better recruiting...this game with Purdue...I would be looking at other options if I was looking for a college to submit to. What do we need to break through?? :dunno: It was just painful watching these guys not show up...probably over $100,000 scholarships for 2 to 3 years or more and they just do not get it. :help: I would think that these guys have worked most of their lives to be here...I just do not get it. :thanks: Getting beat is one thing...no problem with that...but not showing up...give me a break. :wh:

illinilefttackle

Al, you have been there, what do you really think? I know Zook came with a bad reputation...kind of...but is it really his fault for not getting his team up for a game...or are these guys just that cocky? :thanks: Personally, I think that Zook has done a good job...we are much better than we were...just can't seem to cross that line into the big time. I just hate to think that beating Michigan this year is going to "again" be the highlight of or season. :thanks: I want to beat Penn St., Ohio St., Wisconsin, Michigan St., Iowa, and Nebraska every year...not just once every 10 or 20 years. A couple of wins here and there would mean better recruiting...this game with Purdue...I would be looking at other options. What do we need to break through?? :dunno: It was just painful watching these guys not show up...probably over $100,000 scholarships for 2 to 3 years or more and they just do not get it. :help: I would think that these guys have worked most of their lives to be here...I just do not get it. :thanks: Getting beat is one thing...no problem with that...but not showing up...give me a break. :wh:

:party: Without making too many controversial comments based on race, etc. I think Zook is a good coach-sometimes you just can't get into the heads of some of these players. The old "win one for the Gipper "speech doesn't work on these guys. They bring their own set of rules and limits to what they are willing to do for "Alma Mater". THEY are the reason they play-stepping stone to big money, etc. If a mistake is made, it's never their fault , always the coaches, or a teammates. You have to start out a team with a strict set of rules of conduct, and punish those that don't abide. You can't kiss them and their parents while recruiting them-then expect to have them listen to you when you need them to. A lot like raising children.

This is not just the problem with Illinois but many teams. You don't play anymore at college to win for the school-but as a gateway to the NFL. Winning is not always a pre-requsite to going Pro. Maybe Zook has just backed himself into a corner-or maybe he has recruited to many premidonnas Thanks-Al

HorseFixer

Steve pretty much what you and I talked about the other night on the Phone! About the Parity in College Football :thanks: I would have never of thought this would of happened! :help: Just came in outta the Garage from all day took a shower ate some dinner watchin MSU Whisky and was trying to ck the score at bottom of TV and just read this. Yikes they will probably whip our Arse next week too. :wh: Well there goes my picks fer this week. :dunno:

~Duke

stevasaurus

Al, you have an insight that I can only guess at. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this. Like Bob said, we talked about this the other night on the phone and I think we all agree on what you are talking about...not the race thing...do not want to go there...but the fact that it is a business and the attitude of the players looking for that path to the big time. I can't really blame the players, it is the system, and the money that messes things up. When you get a bunch of guys together on Thanksgiving morning to play football... for no other reason except just to play football...that is pure sport. What I saw today with Illinois...it just sucks. Al, how many games did we watch last year when I thought Juice just was not in the game?? I will say it again...I do not mind getting beat...but you can count on me showing up. The state of Illinois is not about what happened today...we are better than that. :wh: GO CUBBIES :dunno:

stevasaurus

On a lighter note...it would seem that I would be better at picking the teams that were going to lose this week...and maybe the weeks before...and maybe the weeks to come. :thanks:

It is very possible that I just do not know what I am talking about. Be aware...be very aware. :thanks:

Michigan St. beating Wisconsin...I could count the people on one hand that thought that this would happen. This has to do with the Mayan Calendar and the world coming to an end next December 2012...the solar system passing through the plane of the Milky Way Galaxy, fire and brim stone, plagues, dogs & cats sleeping together, real spiritual stuff. :):dunno: This game is not over at this moment...Wis 24/Mich St.31 with about 8+ minutes left. Maybe the planets will align themselves yet...(this post to be edited in 8 minutes).

EDIT Wisconsin 31/Michigan St. 37 We are doomed...the planets are not in alignment...live every day like it is the last...be excellent to each other and party on dudes... :party::party::wh::help: :thanks:

HorseFixer
Michigan St. beating Wisconsin...I could count the people on one hand that thought that this would happen.

bitten

Thanks for the mulligan Duke.

I should have just went with my gut instinct. I went with Illinois because Purdue's ratings are so bad and with Wisconsin because of the suspended player of Michigan State.

Michigan State and Wisconsin was a very good game, thats why I watch/love collage football.

GO BUCKEYES