Sign in to follow this  
Brrly1

The "Big Ten" with a diff. look

bk-scouter

Well, I'd say it was an interesting first week of Big Ten play. I missed watching my Wolverines shellacking the Gophers 58-0 :thumbs2: , but I finally got in front of the TV to see the Nebraska-Wisconsin game. I was VERY impressed with the Badgers on how they welcomed the newcomers to the Big Ten! And if I had money on the OSU-MSU game, I'd lose big time... :banghead:

-BK

stevasaurus

OK...I was 4 wins out of 6 games last week, but I was way off on the point spreads that I was thinking would happen. With that in mind, I am going to shy away from the point spread thingy, and just make my predictions....my first predication is that Wisconsin and Michigan St. have the week off. :banghead: Here is the thread again...

http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-footbl/sche...otbl-sched.html

Minnesota @ Purdue...dang...Minnesota has got to win one of these. :banghead:

Illinois @ Indiana...First away game for Illinois...I have to stay with Illinois

Michigan @ Northwestern...Persa is hurt again, lucky for Michigan...got to think that Michigan wins this one...Northwestern is a better team than everyone thinks though. :thumbs2:

Iowa @ Penn St....Iowa

Ohio St. @ Nebraska...Nebraska

bitten

Its not looking good but Im going to stand by my team.

GO BUCKEYES

C-Series14

GO BUCKEYES

X2...

GO BUCKS!

bk-scouter

GO BUCKEYES

That's what it's all about, right ? It should be a good game to watch tonight. I'll be flipping back and forth between this game and the Mich./N.W. :thumbs2:

GO BLUE

-BK

Brrly1

Go Hawkeyes!!! It is like who didn't know that :thumbs2:

:banghead:

stevasaurus

Alright...Illinois is off to a 6 wins and 0 losses this season...best start since 1951 (which I remember)... :thumbs2:

ILL-1.jpg

illinilefttackle

Alright...Illinois is off to a 6 wins and 0 losses this season...best start since 1951 (which I remember)... :thumbs2:

ILL-1.jpg

:banghead: What can I say? Naysayers beware-these guys are going to cause heartache for some teams at the end off the year! HAIL TO THE CHIEF!-Al

C-Series14

Well, someone, uh...defense, forgot to come out of the locker room for the second half! Oh well, ya gotta deal with the hand dealt ya so onward we go...

Go Bucks!

bitten

Very interesting to say the least. I thought we were going to get the win in that one, but it just wasnt to be. Just need to get the defense and the offense to play a whole game.

GO BUCKEYES

Brrly1

I again am eating crow but that does happen now and again in the Big Ten. I guess we just have to chalk up another victory to Papa Joe but you do have to realize that he has only won two games out of the last ten. The Hawkeyes do have only nine returning starters. A very young team. I guess one of the powers of the Big Ten looks like Michigan might actually ..... Nah I don't even want to go there. See Ya in Nov. Duke :thumbs2:

bk-scouter

I again am eating crow but that does happen now and again in the Big Ten.

It sort of tastes like chicken after eating it for three years... :thumbs2:

-BK

Brrly1

Ok, we are a young team, We'll probably eat more than once but I think we will make to a bowl. It might be the pizza bowl but time will tell. I did see quite a few different plays that looked good, plus a couple interceptions plus a fumble on there 4 yd line didn't help much. :thumbs2:

stevasaurus

So here are my picks for week 7...I was 3 out of 5 last week. :thumbs2: Anyway, a couple of games are real tough picks this week, and it is the Big Ten...anything is possible.. OK...here goes.

Minnesota and Nebraska have the week off.

Indiana at Wisconsin.....Wisconsin wins

Michigan at Michigan St.... :banghead: I am really not sure how good Michigan is yet...going with the home team...Michigan St. wins

Purdue at Penn St....Penn St. is breaking back into the ratings...going with Penn St.

Ohio St. at Illinois... :D Illinois wins...hope I hope I hope.

Northwestern at Iowa...sorry John...going with the upset...Northwestern wins.

Bottom line...2 games are fairly easy picks...3 games are toss ups...the parity in this conference is fantastic...sit back and enjoy. :thumbs: :banghead:

C-Series14

Hey Steve...either the Bucks come out for blood because of the last 2 losses OR...they play like thay have the last 2 games and look horrible! Should be a good game against a tough Illini!

GO BUCKS!!!!

stevasaurus

Right you are Mike. Ohio St. is still loaded with talent, I have to admit that I am worried about this game. One thing about Illinois this year...they love being behind early and winning by 3 points...and they have closed out the games very well. If my predictions prove right...Illinois could crack the Top Ten and be rated above a totally overrated Michigan this week. All will be right with the World. :banghead: :thumbs2:

Brrly1

Alrighty then, well Dan Persa doesn't scare me at all. Go Hawkeyes!!! Thats my first pick. I am then going with Wisconsin who looks good, Mich. State as long as the offense shows up. Penn State should have an easy task but Joe Pa has been upset a time or too( Kirk Ferentz knows well as they have won eight out of the ten times they have played). Ok now we move on to Ohio State at Illinois. I think that Ohio State is going to win this game. Braxton wasn't hurt to bad so they say he is going to to be the starter. I am not real sure about there other quarterback because personally I don't think he can get the job done. Ohio State in a good battle. Sorry Steve you knew that one was headed your way. :thumbs2:

HorseFixer

Ok, because of popular demand the Duke's Back you guys are making some scew ball predictions so The PRO is back in the House! :banghead: I have missed very few with my own predictions. I will be keeping track John yer missing a few so we will be predicting the BIG 10 Weekly the Rest Of The Season And I will Post Results ast end of each day when all the teams have played. Here are my predictions.

So here are my picks for week 7...I was 3 out of 5 last week. Anyway, a couple of games are real tough picks this week, and it is the Big Ten...anything is possible.. OK...here goes.

Indiana @ Wisconsin.......... ~ Wisconsin spanks them like a Red Headed Step Child!................. Wisconsin Wins :ROTF:

Michigan @ Michigan St.........~ Michigan State is going to try force Denard to Pass He will and they cant Stop the Run,................ Michigan Wins! :thumbs2:

Purdue @ Penn St..............~ Joe Pa has some more wins under his belt :thanks: ............... Penn State Wins!

Ohio St. @ Illinois............................ ~ A Good game but OSU edges the Illini Out :banghead: Sorry Steve .................. OSU Wins

Northwestern @ Iowa....................... ~ I gotta go with John on this one Northwestern will stub their Toe. :D................ Iowa Wins

Good Luck guys! :thumbs: ~Duke

Jim get yer Azz Back In Here. :thumbs:

stevasaurus

Glad you are back in this Bob. I like the prediction thingy...and John has all of his there...BTW. He is picking Iowa, Wisconsin, Mich St., Penn St. and Ohio St. I would say that this picking the games is open to anyone else who wants to get in on it. :banghead: Go Illinois. :banghead:

I think this prediction game deserves some BIG TEN cheerleading... :thumbs2:

23272-15.jpg

stevasaurus

OH OH...I see that Michigan still has tons of confidence in the field goal kicker...ist quarter...fake field goal at the 22 yard line. :thumbs2:

images-2.jpg

HorseFixer

I see Illinois has their best Spectacular start in 60 years Since 1951 :thanks: And everyone is making a big deal over it! So Heck Lets Throw A BIG Party!!

:D:thumbs2::thumbs::banghead::thumbs:

Isn't it funny what some schools think is a HISTORIC big deal The Wolverines make common place. :USA: Our last best start was just 5 years ago in 2006

when they won their first 11 games before loosing to our Nemesis OSU <_< In 1997 they Ran the Table! :ROTF: Yeah I know more worthless facts but it hurts when It's True. :banghead:

HorseFixer

Glad you are back in this Bob. I like the prediction thingy...and John has all of his there...BTW. He is picking Iowa, Wisconsin, Mich St., Penn St. and Ohio St. I would say that this picking the games is open to anyone else who wants to get in on it. :D Go Illinois. :thumbs:

I think this prediction game deserves some BIG TEN cheerleading... :banghead:

23272-15.jpg

Yeah I remember that picture a couple years ago, thats D*CK Rodriguez's Ole Lady at a Big Ten Convention! Thats one of the reasons why we Fired His AZZ. :thumbs: Oh by the Way I here the reason There Is No ILLINI Gal in there is because she was So Big she couldn't fit in the Picture! :banghead: oh and by the way, What does that "P" stand for on the first gals Bikini? :thumbs2: Oh thats right Purdue :thanks:

stevasaurus

Ya...I noticed that you can not see an Illini cheerleader in this picture. Either she is eclipsed by Michigan...or she has too much class to be a part of this. :banghead: :thumbs2:

HorseFixer

Ya...I noticed that you can not see an Illini cheerleader in this picture. Either she is eclipsed by Michigan...or she has too much class to be a part of this. :banghead::thumbs2:

Or she's busy doing something else!! :banghead:

C-Series14

Who won the mich-mich state game? I am working on a landing gear and can't listen to any radio...