Sign in to follow this  
kthack657

701 update

kthack657

So this past weekend jim and I started getting the 701 ready for Dover. it will be driveable, that is about it as progress has been slower than planned, We swapped out the transmission, and the job that should have taken 20 minutes took 2.5 hours; reason being...whoever had the tractor before Warren welded the bolts to the frame and the frame to the transmission :woohoo:

100_1870.jpg

100_1873.jpg

100_1874.jpg

100_1869.jpg

So I figured that the issues were over, but then when we went to put the new trans on, the bolts wouldnt go in. :D Jim luckilly has more knowledge than me and the right tools...he grabbed the tap and die set and we fixed the threads on the holes. success!! the new trans is on!!

100_1875.jpg

100_1876.jpg

now all that is left is to finish up the engine, put the sediment bowl on and put the seat back on. I hope we can get it all done cause there isnt much time left....See everyone in Dover, and dont worry I will be picking the brains of as many members as possible as I would like to return this tractor to its original glory

Wheel Horse Kid

Sounds like you are coming along. Keep up the good work!

can whlvr

right on,looks you are getting somewhere,it seems that these anticipated small jobs usually take 10 times longer,but if you swapped a rear end in an afternoon then you should be proud,thats pretty fast considering the challanges you had :woohoo:

kthack657

So we got the tractor back together, but the fuel pump is bad, I just cant seem to catch a breakwith this tractor. :woohoo:

HorseFixer

Dont let it get to ya yer almost there! :ROTF: Ya just hafta throw more $$$ money at it till she yells GIVE, :D then ya know ya got it whipped! :D Keep up the good work! :woohoo:

Cheers ~Duke

:P

shorts

Without having your pump in hand, it looks like either the m8 or m10 might me a replacement, you need the engine spec number to look up the proper parts and then you will have to follow the interchange/replaced by info to a current part number.

mavfreak

it seems that these anticipated small jobs usually take 10 times longer

Ain't that the truth!

good job and good luck!

kthack657

Unfortunately the "spare pump" we had went onto the Lawn Ranger. I know which one I need...that isnt the problem, getting it before the Dover PA show and having time to install it is. Evilbay wants $50 for it and I am willing to pay, but there is no guarantee I can get expedited shipping, or how much it will cost. I posted a want ad for one and if you are going out to the dover show, I can pick it up there, just have to make sure I pack the tools to change it there :D:woohoo:

:D:ROTF::D:P :D

TT

Do you have any local Kohler dealers?

Have you considered running a fuel line directly from the tank to carb for now - just to get you through show time? If you keep the tank at least half full, you shouldn't have a problem.

Then you can take your time fixing or finding a pump.

littleredrider

My 63 lawn ranger has a 13 horse in it with no fuel pump. The outlet is only slightly higher than the inlet on the carb. I ran it completely out of gas mowing the lawn.

I'm pretty sure that the Kohler inlet is below the outlet of the tank, so you should be OK.

shorts

find a local auto parts thet handles ''prime line'' small engine parts, they can get kohler parts overnight

kthack657

Thank you everyone, I will see if I can do any of the suggestions and hope to see as many of you at the Dover show as possible. I will be in the big red trailer with the big red truck :D

:woohoo:

mack1605

karen, warren is bringing a fuel pump to the dover show for you he wanted me to let you know he will see you there

kthack657

Hi everyone,

First I want to say thank you for all of the suggestions!! second I have to say IT LIVES!!! For the moment I am doing the gravity feed. I took her for the maiden voyage tonight, after changing the tires.

Mack1605 Just ak Waren what I owe him for the pump, (free is not an option) :D . I love my little red tractor and knew it wouod be a fixer uper. :woohoo: :ROTF:

mack1605

warren said its a used one not a big deal he will be there sometime tomorrow