Sign in to follow this  
repairman

1054 hydro pump question

repairman

on the 1054 is there a separate pulley and belt that runs the hydraulic pump in the center of the tractor or does it run on the trans belt?

also should this trans belt be a 5/8" belt or is it a 1/2"?

picked up a 1054 that is missing parts :woohoo:

Martin

Hydro pump is on separate belt. Drive belt is 1/2 inch x 82 I think the one I bought just recently was 4L820w from napa (gates belt)

The hydro belt is 3/8 if my memory serves me correctly.

Belt length is listed at 47.75

• Like 1

repairman

OK then the mule drive inner pulley must be unique double pulley? this might be really hard to find wished I had a picture of the pulley setup.

thanks for the info.

can whlvr

theres some members here i think when they see this they will be able to show you pics,i know ive seen quite a few good lookin 1054 here

Martin

heres a pic of the drive pulley for the trans and hyd. pump. inner is for the hyd. pump unit and outer is drive.

CIMG0930.jpg

and the pto take off...

CIMG0762.jpg

looked through my rebuild pics and couldnt find a good pic of the drive and hyd. pump with belts on. i dont have my pump back on the 1054 yet as i still havent finished rebuilding the pump unit.

hope that helps a bit......

JUSS10

if you still need pictures of the belt setup let me know, i run mine without the belt guard (it rubs really bad, havent fixed it yet) so that way you can see all the belts and how they route.

Justin

JUSS10

if you still need pictures of the belt setup let me know, i run mine without the belt guard (it rubs really bad, havent fixed it yet) so that way you can see all the belts and how they route.

Justin

repairman

The small hydro pulley, is it a separate pulley from the trans pulley and what is the exact measurements of it so I can try to find a sub-part that may work.

will also need to know thickness of this pulley.

thanks for the help and the pics. :woohoo:

Martin

The small hydro pulley, is it a separate pulley from the trans pulley and what is the exact measurements of it so I can try to find a sub-part that may work.

will also need to know thickness of this pulley.

thanks for the help and the pics. :woohoo:

just went out and measured the one on the 1054.

drive and hydro pulley are one unit.

shaft dia. 1 1/8

drive dia. 3 1/2

hydro dia. 2 1/4 ( real hard to measure as pulley is on tractor, if anybody can confirm/deny go ahead)

looks like overall thickness of pulley assembly is 1 1/8.

one other thing i just thought of, if i remember correctly there is a chamfer on the bore on the inside face of the pulley assembly. it matches up with a fillet in the step machined in the end of the crankshaft where the crankshaft thickens up for the end seal in the block.

hope that helps.

• Like 1

sorekiwi

I'm glad someone asked this question, I picked up an engineless 1054 a little while back and I'm going to have to find some pulleys to suit.

I'm hoping to get to it in the next couple of weeks, I'll keep you informed as what I find.

Without really looking too hard yet, I'm thinking I'd have to go with 2 seperate pulleys.

But I would like to have a look at this double one and see if there is room to machine one side down to the smaller diameter:

http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item...name=powerTrans

Martin

heres some more pics of the pulley.

mike, that one in the link has a few problems that i can see. the 1054 pulley looks like two seperate pulleys close together with extra material between the "v's" whereas that one in the link looks like both "v's" share the one side. also the set screw end would need machined off and set screw located in one of the grooves ( i think the drive side has the set screw- if i remember correctly). also the belt size for the one side you would be machining down would need to be changed to 3/8 or i guess you could change hyd. pump pulley as well. seems like alot of work.....

i think separate pulleys would be easier, just finding the right sizes, though. or keep hunting for an original.......

in the first pic you can see the step better, and how close to the engine the pulley sits.

CIMG1082.jpg

CIMG1083.jpg

repairman

does anyone know where I might start looking for a single hydro pump pulley?

I tried Tractor supply and Rule King it is hard to find anything 1 1/8 to start with and then something that small.

in theory do you guys think that if I could find a close match to this pulley that I could

get this to work?

I want to use a 14 hp M engine that is on another tractor I have drive pulley's of different sizes with the outer mule drive or PTO pulley complete.

another thought is it possible to run the hydro of the drive belt?

just by running it over the top of the hydro pulley and then down to trans would it turn the pump correctly and also allow for clutch ?

just a thought :ROTF:

anyway thanks for all the support I really appreciate your knowledge and pics

by the way that's a nice looking 1054 in those pics.

:woohoo::D :D

repairman

here is some pics of what I am working with.

DSC01215.jpg

DSC01216.jpg

DSC01217.jpg

hard telling how many engines has been on this horse :D

DSC01218.jpg

this has a 1/2" belt driving the trans :woohoo:

DSC01219.jpg

DSC01220.jpg

this pulley setup is on another tractor but something like this might work if it were close to the right diameter so that ratio would not change.

DSC01221.jpg

sorekiwi

Those new pictures help a lot Martin. Bit of a strange beast.

I'm thinking you are right, it might be better to use 2 seperate pulleys, and possibly shave down 1 side of each so they sit closer together.

Surplus center has a wide selection of single pulleys too:

http://www.surpluscenter.com/sort.asp?catn...ns&keyword=PPP1

but some machine work will be involved.

Martin

i think if you got close to the right size for the hyd. pump it would work, but the rpms of the pump would be different. not sure if over revving the pump would be good though, so it would be safer with a smaller dia crankshaft pulley than a larger one.

as far as using the drive belt to do both drive and hyd. pump, it wouldnt work real well.

1. the drive belt stops and starts so you wouldnt have pump working all the time.

2. the belt wouldnt be in alignment, it would pull off the hydro pulley when the belt tightened.

3. belt sizes are 1/2 and 3/8

it just wouldnt work.....

your 1054 looks like a good starting point. looks like you have most of it there, the grill looks like it would be ok with a bit of straightening. steering wheel looks good too. the engine mounting pic shows a lot of crazy drilling etc!!! that plate welded between the frame rails has been added and is not originally part of the frame. might need to be removed if ever you went back to a original k241 with factory 1054 pan as the drain is on the bottom.

the 1054 in the pics i have been rebuilding, there is a thread on the forum about the build...here

i still need to finish a few things, steering wheel, seat, and maybe find an original grill.

Martin

Those new pictures help a lot Martin. Bit of a strange beast.

I'm thinking you are right, it might be better to use 2 seperate pulleys, and possibly shave down 1 side of each so they sit closer together.

Surplus center has a wide selection of single pulleys too:

http://www.surpluscenter.com/sort.asp?catn...ns&keyword=PPP1

but some machine work will be involved.

mike,

2 separate ones would be easier i think.

thanks for the link to the singles, thinking of changing the drive a little on the 1054. dont want to mess around with the engine end, thinking of using a different size on the gearbox though, and changing length of belt.

sorekiwi

thinking of changing the drive a little on the 1054. dont want to mess around with the engine end, thinking of using a different size on the gearbox though, and changing length of belt.

What are you trying to do? Speed it up or slow it down?

Martin

thinking of changing the drive a little on the 1054. dont want to mess around with the engine end, thinking of using a different size on the gearbox though, and changing length of belt.

What are you trying to do? Speed it up or slow it down?

speed it up a little. so slightly smaller pulley on the trans. it might not even happen, just something i was thinking of to get a bit more speed in top at lower rpm.

repairman

DOES ANYONE HAVE A ORIGINAL PART # FOR THIS PULLEY ?

TORO DOES NOT LIST TRACTOR PARTS

ONLY TRANS AND HYDRO PUMP PARTS NO PULLEYS FOR THE 1054

MAYBE SOMEONE HAS ON OWNERS/PART LIST FOR A 1054

THAT WAY WE COULD SEE IF THERE IS A SUB-PART LISTING THREW STENS.

Martin

Part number for the pulley is 2720. I would be very surprised if you can cross reference thru stens etc.

Illustrated parts Manual for 1054 is available thru mikesrj's site mywheelhorse.com

Just register and search by year.

sorekiwi

Partstree has the parts list online, I was looking at it yesterday. The part # quoted is correct.