Sign in to follow this  
jbumgarner

702 Lift Hitch Assembly

jbumgarner

I have a 702 and the cable that goes to the hitch is broken. I haven't disassembled the assembly, but I know the cable is broken on the top end. It is attached to the hitch and I can't seem to find where the other end should be hooked. I have the manual and took a quick look, but the drawing is a copy of a copy. This has made it hard to see clearly. Like I said, this may be a dumb question. I have always been told there are no dumb questions except the ones that weren't asked. I sure someone can help. I believe I have heard these calbes are hard to come by. Is this true. Thanks in advance.

:woohoo:

james

I have a 401 and the cable goes from the top of the hitch through tool box under seat (there's a hole at the bottom of it) to the left side (under the motor fly wheel cover) and to the bottom of the lever on the left side.

This is how it works on my tractor although mine isn't hooked up right now lol...i'm going to be making a new cable shortly to test out a brinly plow i just picked up for 40 bucks. also, that attachment that is on the hitch end has a similar one at the front end. perhaps that's why you don't see where it goes? not sure if it runs the same way on yours as it does mine. if not, someone will tell you how it goes and that i'm wrong. if i am, please correct me!