Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

Bad storm last night

Teddy da Bear

I don't think Kelly is destitute.... I think he is thinking of the time involved with fixing everything back up. Being there to deal with it all.

TT

I'll get with Karl -- provided Kelly would like a "hand-up" (it's not a hand-out).

I could probably figure out the HTML stuff and get a PayPal donation button here on RS, but I'm afraid to try it myself. I wouldn't want to do something scary to the website - like changing the colors to green and yellow. :whistle:

Kelly

:D You guys are too much, I thank you for the offer, but for now I'm going to decline your offer. I'm going to talk to my ins. co. tomarrow :whistle:

Can you belive we had another storm go through this afternoon :D 70mph winds and more rain, I'm sick of rain, and water.

To be honest I caught myself crying just alittle, today as the storm rolled through, saying no more. I know others have had far worse, but this is here and now for me, and getting over welming.

To top things off, I started to do this replie, and my key board quit, what next??

More storms for after midnight :WRS: and all afternoon tomarrow.

I got water restored, no hot water but hey I can flush now.

I'm glad my Dad made me help all those years working around the house as a kid, I learned alot, and can fix most things.

Anyway, Thanks guys, This is the best place, it just don't get better.

kj4kicks

:whistle: Kelly ! I freaked out with 3 inches of water. I don't even want to imagine 3 FEET of water.

If the need arises, count me in for the donation fund. Like Dustin, I'm close to the show so my travel fund doesn't need much.

Glad to hear you got the water hooked up again.

Take care !

perry

The man wants to take his family on a vacation -- I say he gets a vacation! :whistle:

you read my mind TT :WRS: .

let us know how it go's with the Ins. tomarrow. you are sure going to deserve that vacation after all this.

MaineDad

Kelly,

So sorry to hear about all of your problems. I wish your family the best. In January 1998 Maine got hit big ice storm. Trees down all over the place and of course no power. In the middle of winter with no power for 14 days - not fun.

But good things can come from these type of problems, like learning how you can handle bad situations. I remember collecting snow to melt for water and cooking over a fire in the fireplace and thinking it was kind of nice that I can handle this emergency. You'll get through this and be a stronger man because of it...

mcwh1950

kelly you not dumb or stupid my basement flood twice, because of the sump pump. the first time was my fault because the wife wanting me to cover it up so the puppy wood not fall in it. after try to figure out how the water got that high i call the po about the sump pump . he told me that there drill a hole in the wall under the stair so the water couldnot come in to the basement, so the foundation would not cave in.i learn real quick to uncover it. the second time my hose behind the wash machine on the first floor broke, and ran for about two day once .me and the wife marilyn was out of town. again i learn fast to buy new steel hoses for the back of the washer for about 30 buck. but the insuance co pay both time because it was not a flood but a back up. the second time because of the muck in the pump not able to pump the water out . so know i clean it out every three month, butt butt i dew have a little knowing thing on my insuance as a rider for about 40 buck a year. hope you and the family are rider this out good. if you need help let as know , like the member on here say , we are here to help one and the other. :whistle::WRS: i hope you have fun taking a navy bath

Rollerman

Kelly just caught this thread & hope they fire your local weather man.

My basement floods about once a year....weather it's 3" or 3' it discouraging.

It's more of a dungeon/cistern with spiders than a useable space...but still bites to have cold water cause the water heaters not going to fire.

I hope your weather breaks & you can get ontop of things again with the utilities.

CasualObserver

Good Luck Kelly... I got a call from my folks back in IL that they had water in the basement last week too.... been a few years since it happened so they were getting a little too comfortable with stuff sitting on the floor if you know what I mean. Hopefully you have that sump pump rider that was mentioned.... if not.... add it if you can. It paid to remodel our last basement in IL before we moved to MN three years ago.