Sign in to follow this  
mnscruff

new to site

mnscruff

hiya cool site ,just picked up my 1st horse as you say 1968 electro 12 w/42" plow

it rolls over but no spark. Gonna try to restore it ,I would like to post a picture as she's kinda rough now. But unsure how, any advice?Oh ya the price,FREE, so it was worth saving for. :D

nylyon

Welcome, glad to have ya! Free is a very good price. For the spark, check to be sure that:

1. Power to the coil

2. The points are gapped to .020

Sparky

Hi and welcome! A free tractor is a great deal....have gotten a few that way myself. So is your tractor a Kohler 12 or a Tecumseh 12? If its a Kohler does it have a coil and points? I had a 1971 Charger 12 with a different type of ignition sytem( I think it was called breakerless) and it quit. Parts were no longer available to fix it so I ended up swapping all the components out to a standard coil/points setup. Got spark back and all was good after that.

Mike.......

kj4kicks

Welcome aboard !!

If you can't fix it, I'm sure somebody here will give you double what you paid for it LOL.

Eldon.

T-Mo

Welcome to the site. If you were asking how to post pictures, photobucket works good for me. Just open an account there if you don't have one. You can find it here at:

Photobucket

After loading your pictures, under each picture that's in your album, click on the "IMG Code" which is the last option under the picture. Clicking on the "IMG Code" copies it; then you just hit Control+V (paste) it into the "Post" block here.

kpinnc

Welcome!

I agree with Eldon, should you give up! :D

I don't know much about Tecumsehs, but if you have the original engine, I think it was a Kohler. If it is, and it aint' froze up, it WILL run with some tinkering.

Kevin