Sign in to follow this  
71_Bronco

Mid Mount Grader Blade?

71_Bronco

I just recently found a few pics of these nifty blades online. Thought it would be a great, unique thing to add onto my '71 Bronco for when I get it all done. The hydrolic lift would work great, I would think, with this attachment.

Anybody have one of these? Are these uncommon?

Thanks!

40%20Midmount%20Grader%20Blade%20MB-405.jpg

CasualObserver

They're pretty common among collectors. Personally I'd venture to say they're about 5th in popularity.

In my opinion, generally most collectors progress through attachments like this...

[*:12gb9hai]1. Mower deck [*:12gb9hai]2. Front blade and/or Snow thrower (Winter tools)[*:12gb9hai]3. Trailer/cart/wagon (hauling tools)[*:12gb9hai]4. Garden plow/cultivator/disc (gardening tools)[*:12gb9hai]5. Grader blade

Do a search for the word grader and you'll get many, many threads about them.

Forest Road

I have a 50" grader blade. Newer design. It does an amazing job on our 1/2 mile driveway. I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work on your Raider.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=1391

clyde

:woohoo: my favorite is my 42in. sickle mower :D

Woodsman

I've been looking for one of these for six months and they seem pretty elusive.

Duff

I've been looking for one of these for six months and they seem pretty elusive.

They're out there, John, but they can be a little pricey. :D Every now and then one pops up in our Classifieds section.

Duff :woohoo:

Dockfishin

Might even be one showing up really soon.... just a hunch :woohoo: :D

hm12460

Dock, I'd be happy to take one off your hands! Did you notice I live in Norton Shores (Muskegon area) and have cash, AND a full tank of gas in my Ranger??

jdog_kustoms

im selling one 2 just got to get pics to list it

71_Bronco

im selling one 2 just got to get pics to list it

I saw the one you are gonna be selling. It is in great shape, all things considered.

Kinda wish I was in the market for one. I will be looking for one after I get done with my tractor and I have some money and time to sped on it.

J-dog, it was a pleasure meeting you today, you were such a pleasure to talk to. I hope to do business with you again, but that was a damn long drive lol.

Btw, I'm prolly gonna want a front mount one, so I can use my existing attach-a-matic, and I'm only gonna need a 40" blade, 50 will be a bit too big for my tastings.

shorts

I just used mine for the first time today, rear mount 50'' from a D series on my C160, just had to make up a solid lift link so I could apply down pressure.

It's amazing how straight and smooth you can grade with it, almost like a mini road grader, just go slow until you get used to it, you will find that the 50'' length helps to move the spoils away and out from the tires, a big help trying to reach finish grade

This is another attachment that will get reworked, restored and kept. :D :woohoo: