Sign in to follow this  
CHARGER9AUTO

LawnMower Accident

CHARGER9AUTO
My Webpage I was surfing the internet and found this . Ben

T-Mo

Most accidents with a lawn mower are caused by plain stupidity. I remember these photos from a while back where stupidity reigns. This is what happens when you don't know your tractor's capabilities, nor how to use what common sense God gave you:

loadfull3.jpg

loadfull_resize.jpg

loadfull2.jpg

What makes this even worse is that the guy didn't learn anything. Here's another shot of the same tractor and cart. Notice that the bags are different color and also notice the proximity of the nitwit's daughter. Some people do not need to own any power equipment at all.

loadfull4.jpg

T-Mo

BTW, what happen here is the idiot pulled the hitch pin and, of course, the cart flipped backwards, the tongue when up catching the tractor under the fender pan and raising the rear end off the ground. Luckily, no damage here, but give him time.

Curmudgeon

There is no such thing as an accident.

There is carelessness.

And there is stupidity.

The 21 stitches in my finger was from careless. (Blew the boss away when I told him that before he started chewing me out because of the expensive emergency room visit)

The 70 stitches in my leg was from stupidity. (Dad is a very forgiving man)

My brother lost a finger to carelessness.

Did we learn anything? Well, I won't go that far, but at least when we do something like that, we own up to what WE did and not try to blame someone else, karma, or bad luck.

I mean, it's not like hot coffee! LOL

Dale, experienced in this sort of thing............

T-Mo

Dale,

Funny you should mention owning up to one's mistake. In the case of these pictures showing overloading a trailer/cart and exceeding the limit of a common lawn tractor, this guy probably won't take the blame when the tractor fails. A couple of years from now if this guy keeps abusing his tractor, it's going to fail (my gosh, it only has the K46 Tuff Torq lawn tractor transmission made for light, I do mean, light duty). And when it does he will say what a cheap piece of junk his L-series JD is. Now, I do think the L-series JDs aren't the best out there, nor do they match the quality and durability of a JD 318 or JD 210, but it's not design to handle that load.

Enough of my rant. rant.gif

Curmudgeon

Um, lest we not forget the trailer itself? I overload mine, and it shows it. It's not the fault of the trailer!! His will soon collapse, and it'll be the trailers fault.

:D:P

Dale

CasualObserver

I disagree Dale... it will be China's fault! :D

Curmudgeon

I disagree Dale... it will be China's fault! :D

AGREED! And who has spent the most money getting cheap China imports into this country without tariffs?

Dale