Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

CarFax

baerpath

Scott, When I was down there last yr the dealer between Lexington and Versailles had about 20 used diesels on his lot. Don't remember their name but had some really really custom ones :whistle::WRS: Couple in the 400hp range just in case :D

Duane

Karl thats not bad mileage my 28ft loaded weighs 9,700 to 10,500 and I average 16 mph. Once I get the "upgrades" done I'll be in the 20's and getting there faster :D

nylyon

I would LOVE to get 16 with the camping trailer attached. We're going out next weekend on the maiden voyage, for the truck that is...

KyBlue

Karl...wheres the pics or do we all have to drive up to your place to see it?? Which now that I think about it, might be your plan...once we arrive you put us all to work cleaning your new purchase..haha

Duane - that'd be Jack Kain Ford I beleive. Great dealership, not so many trucks now. The dealer I found this one @ is up off I71 between Cinci and Lville .. Goin saturday to pick it up hopefully it'll still be there!

nylyon

The interior of this truck was beyond filthy. The tan seats appeared black from all the dirt. I have been cleaning and cleaning to get it presentable, and it is almost there but I still need to wash the outside. The truck is black with nice aluminum wheels chrome front and rear bumpers and the FX4 decals removed. It looks really sharp.

There are a couple of areas where I wish I lived closer to Eldon to get fixed up. I just may try to do it myself! :whistle:

linen beige

Scott, When I was down there last yr the dealer between Lexington and Versailles had about 20 used diesels on his lot. Don't remember their name but had some really really custom ones :whistle::WRS: Couple in the 400hp range just in case :D

Duane

Karl thats not bad mileage my 28ft loaded weighs 9,700 to 10,500 and I average 16 mph. Once I get the "upgrades" done I'll be in the 20's and getting there faster :D

Scott,

Sounds like Jack Kain Ford. I drove past there sunday and his lot is covered with trucks.

Curmudgeon

I'm confused.... :whistle:

What is this "cleaning" thing you speak of? :WRS:

Rollerman

I'm confused....

What is this "cleaning" thing you speak of?

Yes my 02 F250 has went from being shiny & sharp to slipping into it's roll as a less shiny & sharp work truck here with only random trips to the car wash. :whistle:

KyBlue

Well I'll beat Karl to posting his pics..

Heres my new ride..

17570_4.jpg

17570_1.jpg

Prolly not as nice as Karls thou (they'd sold the crew cab before i got there) and I really dont need leather and the other Fu Fu Options.. :whistle:

Rollerman

Scott thats a sweet truck...always liked silver. :whistle:

Is it a deisel or a gasser?

nylyon

Looks like it has the PowerStroke badge on the door. I best get to snapping some pictures.....

linen beige

Good lookin' truck Scott, Please tell me ya aint gonna paint it Piglet pink to match the Monster Tigger. :whistle:

KyBlue

Nope, However it has been dubbed Eeyore Jim ... I think DSG fit eeyore better but... the name has kinda stuck...darn car club slackers. HAHA

Yeah its got a 6.0 Power Stroke and a 6spd Manual box to boot!

Hey Karl, I dont know how you are about Mods and your vehicles, if you plan to idle that new truck of yours for any length of time you might want to look into doing the high idle mod to prevent the wet stacking and low EGT temps that extended idling can cause.

nylyon

So far it looks like I have one of the good 6.0's out there. It's been very well maintained, all the injectors work and no evidence of a head gasket problem. I'm not planning on modding this truck at all. It probably won't idle for too long it's a camper pulling rig! I'll get some pictures today.

KyBlue

Here ya Go Karl. In Case you change your mind, heres the Info. I found the two wires on my truck, but since its a manual, i have to buy the box from ford :whistle:

For your Auto its just a matter of a switch and a couple connectors and just a bit of wire.

http://dan.prxy.org/Truck/Other/High_Idle/High_idle_mod.html

Cant wait to see those pics!

Nick

Karl,

For one upgrade ,if the new truck doesnt have one, I'd recommend a Tekonsha Prodigy P3 brake control. I dont pull a travel trailer but I have the older prodigy and prodigy P3 and like them both over the old style controllers. http://www.tekonsha.com/p3.html

450034.jpg

Scott,

Nice looking truck. Whats the first mods going to be now? :whistle:

We dont need any idle mods on the old ambulance package 450. It has a idel control from Ford. :WRS:

tach2.jpg

Video of the Horse Medic in action. F450 video

T-Mo

Scott,

Nice looking truck. Sharp.

Karl,

I sure would like to see some pictures of your truck. :whistle:

Me and my brother-in-law was just under an older Ford F250 with a Powerstroke. We dropped the transmission and transfer case as the clutch needed replaced. I can say I never seen such a big flywheel before, and complicated, on a pickup. It won't be fun to put everything back together. :WRS:

DMESS

Scott: Nice looking Stroker. :whistle:

Karl: :WRS:

nylyon

Ok, it was raining but I never accept that as an excuse so here it is....

2003 F250 Lariat all options except for the clearance lights and sunroof (not available when ordered) I am having someone come and fix the seats, getting a quote on Monday, should look pretty good after that.

truck1.jpg

truck2.jpg

truck3.jpg

truck4.jpg

truck5.jpg

truck6.jpg

truck7.jpg

truck8.jpg

truck9.jpg

truck10.jpg

DMESS

Karl, she looks great! You will LOVE the fact that you got the crew cab and I think you will really enjoy this truck. I don't know what towing with the Durango was like, but towing with a Super Duty is tough to beat. I hope it treats you right and gives you reliable service.

Any items your going to add to it in the near future? Plenty of toys for these. (and I don't mean just power mods) If you want clearance lights it isn't too tough to do. Mine came without, but look again at my pic! :whistle: I added the cab lights, a rear clearance light from a dually, molded factory splash guards and a nav/dvd/amp/sub setup since the factory audio was kinda lousy. I did do an MBRP catback, but about the most I can say it offers is a sweet sound.

Heck, we'll soon have a little diesel community within RedSquare! :WRS:

nylyon

I really want an in-dash radio with navigation, sirius radio, and bluetooth for the cell phone. That and of course monitors built into the back of the headrests for the kids to watch their movies on. Unless it pulls poorly, there won't be any performance mods, and I'm too old for loud exhaust, unless of course it's behind a 426 Hemi :whistle:

Oh, and it has remote start, looking forward to the winters with that option

KyBlue

Nick - I saw the video of ya'll bending that gooseneck ... eh Why didnt ya dump then try to pull free (just curious)?? Nick - thats the idle controller I need for my 04 with it bein a manual.

My mods are going to be a few for awhile..want to upgrade the pwr windows and locks, gauge pod, new mirrors.. like the ones karls has, roof lights, new runnin boards, its getting stacks and muffler delete.. Ill wait till the warranty is up before i put a tuner to it. want to get those headbolts replaced UNDER warranty, dont wanna lay out the 3-4k for the repair job..thou for as few issues as its had, might not be a problem.

Karl - thats a pretty SWEET ride you picked up!!

nylyon

Scott, let's hope that neither of us will have the head gasket problem, but if mine does I'll be doing it myself, it's not hard just heavy back breaking work and it CAN be done with the cab ON! By the way, you have a nice clean looking truck!

Rollerman

Very, VERY nice Karl....maybe E can paint it red for you to match your tractors? :whistle:

Just curious...does your cap have a slider to match the truck cab?

T-Mo

Karl,

Nice looking truck. I agree with Dustin, you will love the fact that you got the crew cab. Great looking truck. :whistle:

nylyon

Just curious...does your cap have a slider to match the truck cab?

Sure does! That's where Stout will be sitting when we go camping, with the windows open he'll not get lonely.

Thanks guys, so far I miss the Durango but this truck is going to fit the bill much better