Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

CarFax

Nick

My brother just felt the need to buy a salvage title trailer so I rode along to Michigan to pick it up. Got a carfax to see what it said about the trailer but didnt learn much. I did Spend the extra $5 for a month of use to look up the other trucks and also ran your truck.

Your 2003 truck looks to have a clean report with just inspections in 04 and a service 1/11/07 at Warnock Ford Morristown, NJ www.warnockauto.com The original purchase date is listed at 4/15/03 and was shipped to dealer 3/24/03.

That first 2005 truck you listed had 3 minor front end collisions with 2 of those within 2 months! They must have liked to tailgate. :whistle:

camper001.jpg

baerpath

Karl the blue one from Willy is the same as mine mechanically. Make sure you look at the oilpan I just had mine replaced under warrenty it's cheap, not under warrenty it's over a grand with 21hrs labor(book hrs)

Other than that can't beat a 7.3 for long lasting and Ford for comfort

My 96 with 7.3 has over 520,000 miles with one trans job, the 03 7.3 55,000 with one oilpan job :whistle:

nylyon

Nick, thank you for running the vin's on CarFax. On the 03 it shows the same as the Oasis report does so that's good.

We just got back from NJ looking at the 2003 6.0 F250 Lariat FX4. Overall condition of the trucks exterior is very good, with a scrape (down to the primer) behind the rear passanger wheel. There is another small chip and one minor ding, the rest of the exterior is excellent. Cap on the bed is excellent, bed has spray in bed liner and there are NO dents in the bed of the truck.

Interior, owned by a sloppy smoker. There are a couple of burns in the seats and one on the carpet. Other than that the interior needs a really good cleaning REALLY good.

Drivetrain - EXCELLENT. This truck drives and handles like a brand new truck. The engine has no oil leaks, no evidence of oil in the antifreeze. All front suspension parts like the ball joints have been replaced along with 4 brand new Bridgestone Revo's all around. There are NO rattles in the vehicle and I drove it on a bumpy road.

All in all, this is a good sound truck, I wish that the inside was as nice as the deivetrain, but I can clean it and with the money we are saving on this one, I will probably replace the carpet and *maybe* the seat covers.

So off to the bank tomorrow to get the funds and hopefully bring it home next weekend!

Thanks for all the help guys!

KyBlue

Sounds like a solid truck ... Lookin forward to pictures!

T-Mo

Karl,

Don't forget the update and pictures when you bring it home.

nylyon

The seller couldn't find the title, but finally got a duplicate at the DMV. I went back to NJ to pay him and pick up the title. Got it all registered and insured and tomorrow I will bring it home. Will get more pictures AFTER it is cleaned up!

T-Mo

Sounds great, Karl. I'm looking forward to the pictures. :whistle:

TT

The heck with the pictures.....

Drive it down here and take me for a ride! :whistle:

DMESS

:whistle: :WRS:

nylyon

I'm off in a couple of minutes to get it. It's about 80 miles from here and a couple of the kids have a half day and the other one has a full day so my wife needs to stay home. I'm renting a U-Haul car hauler and will pull it behind the Cherokee to NJ then have the F250 pull the trailer with the Jeep on it back home. So today will be the first time it's hauling too! :whistle:

T-Mo

That's going to be a load for that Cherokee - so I'm assuming it's the V8 Grand Cherokee?

A couple of days ago I saw a front wheel drive Chevrolet Lumina mini-van pulling a 16 foot trailer with a Ford Windstar on it, on a 2 lane winding, hilly state road. Sure will mean the death of that Lumina tranny if this guy does that a lot. :whistle:

TT

He's just pulling an empty trailer with the Jeep, Terry.

The big diesel will be pulling the trailered Jeep back to NY, and I bet he won't even know it's back there. :whistle:

T-Mo

TT,

You're right - I misread the post. When I first read that I had visions of fellow Missourians in my head. Here's my sign. :imstupid: If he's not careful he'll forget that he's even pulling something back there with the F250 and do something stupid like I would. :whistle:

TT

Well..... it's only a Jeep. :WRS:

I guess I better stop at that -- before I get something ugly started. :whistle: :D

Jim_M

Well..... it's only a Jeep. :D

I guess I better stop at that -- before I get something ugly started. :whistle::D

Yeah, but U Haul is going to want their trailer back. :WRS:

nylyon

It's home. The Jeep Cherokee (4.0 I6) pulled the 2200# car trailer down to NJ with ease, and got 19 MPG doing so too! Then it was the F250's turn, I hooked up the trailer and loaded the Jeep, I suspect it was about 6000# plus the 6200# truck. If I didn't look in my rear mirror I wouldn't have had a clue there was anything back there. The 6.0 PSD pulled the Cherokee with ease but it only got 18 MPG on the way home.

I have to find something to clean the leather seats, they are filthy, then it just needs to be fumagated and it will be all set. I haven't taken any pictures, maybe tomorrow if there's any time.

T-Mo

I wish my Dakota would get 18 mpg pulling a load like that. :whistle:

Rollerman

Karl glad to hear you got your new hauler home okay.

Just curious what kind of power train you have on the Jeep...my wife's grand has the 4.0 I6/quadratrac combo & don't think it will ever see 19 pulling a trailer. :whistle:

Oh & Karl....27 is the new 40 :WRS:

nylyon

The Cherokee (not a grand) has the standard California Emmission 4.0 I6 Automatic with NP242 transfer case (full and part time 4wd and 2wd) Usually on the highway it will pull about 21 with the Bridgestone Revo's properly inflated. Not sure of the axle 3.55 maybe?

DMESS

Karl, 18 mpg pulling your Jeep is FANTASTIC IMO. :whistle: You won't miss the Durango for very long! What does your travel trailer weigh?

KyBlue

Saddle Soap maybe?? To clean the seats?

nylyon

The trailer, packed and ready to go is little over 8,100 lbs. I am hoping to get 14 or so pulling the trailer, which I think I can do.

For the leather, I picked up some Armor All and it is doing a pretty good job, and funny you mention the saddle soap, my wife just handed me a can and if it weren't raining so hard I would be giving that a shot too.

Nick

Might be what you have but Armor All and other brands sell leather cleaners that also contain a conditioner.

10961.jpg

nylyon

Well, I got it a lot cleaner. You will absolutely cringe at what I did though. I swear by Dollar Tree's Awesome. That cleaner is the absolute BEST I have ever used, and I really didn't want to use it on leather but I did. I tried the the saddle soap first and that did very little. Then the armor all which worked pretty well, but still didn't clean it too deep. So I used the Awesome (in a test area first). It cleaned without any damage. Then I used the saddle soap to remove the Awesome. It is a LOT cleaner than it was, but daylight ran out. Tomorrow I'll finish up the the interior cleaning and snap some pictures.

KyBlue

Thats a Great deal...cant wait to see some pics!

A little off topic (sorta) after much debate, and finally deciding that a mustang really wont help my bbq business (pulling that heavy arse trailer around) Ive finally given up and decided to look at trucks.

I am having much better luck than you did thou,

at a Semi Local dealer, found a one owner 04 F250 PSD crew Cab Shortbed. Got almost every Option on it, only 55k on the odometer. The ONLY thing that I dont like about it, is the automatic Tranny that it has. But with only 55k on the clock, adding a better cooler, frequent service, should last awhile.

Sorry kinda excited - thought I'd share