Sign in to follow this  
CHARGER9AUTO

953 Pictures

CHARGER9AUTO
My Webpage is where my 1963 Wheel Horse 953 pictures are posted enjoy . Ben

nylyon

Ben, user name are the 953 pictures under?

CasualObserver

That is one sweet looking tractor! I like the yard/garden too especially that rustic shed! Thanks for sharing. :D

CHARGER9AUTO

Ben, user name are the 953 pictures under?

Karl, The users name is Charger9Auto the pictures are 953 Wheel Horse . Ben

CHARGER9AUTO

That is one sweet looking tractor! I like the yard/garden too especially that rustic shed! Thanks for sharing. :D

I picked up the 953 tractor for $375.00 in Stafford CT with no attachments it came with the mower deck supports and rear snow plow hitch . I run a free ad in The Wheel Dealer it's a magazine it covers everything Cars , Trucks , Vans , Boats , Atv's anything that is motorized and people call me up if they a tractor for sale . Ben

nylyon

Click Free:

1877145855_9ec0b96328.jpg

1877963932_1956ddd1fa.jpg

Ben, that is a really nice tractor!

CHARGER9AUTO

Click Free:

1877145855_9ec0b96328.jpg

1877963932_1956ddd1fa.jpg

Ben, that is a really nice tractor!

Karl, Thank you for posting them for me the 953 pictures . Ben

Rollerman

Ben thats a very nice 953!

They are neat machines...seeing yours makes me miss mine even more.

I talk with the current owner & may end up with my old one back someday...but it did have gremlins & made me frustrated enough to let it go.

I'd like to find either a 953,1054 or a GT14 someday...not looking to hard & know of a few & will buy another when the timeing is right.

Here are some pics of my former 953 & GT14

Stephen in northern IN

953__1.jpg

953-2.jpg

GT14__1.jpg

CHARGER9AUTO

I talk with the current owner & may end up with my old one back someday...but it did have gremlins & made me frustrated enough to let it go.

I'd like to find either a 953,1054 or a GT14 someday...not looking to hard & know of a few & will buy another when the timeing is right.

Stephen in northern IN

953__1.jpg

953-2.jpg

GT14__1.jpg

Hey Steve, I need to rebuild the Kohler 10 HP motor this winter with my Dad it needs a new connecting rod and piston so does the GT -14's 14 HP Kohler I like to show my 953 so everyone can see it . Ben

T-Mo

Ben,

Nice tractor. I remember when you posted these pictures on mtf a while back.

Steve,

Those were nice looking tractors, especially that GT14 with the center blade.

CHARGER9AUTO

Ben,

Nice tractor. I remember when you posted these pictures on mtf a while back.

Steve,

Those were nice looking tractors, especially that GT14 with the center blade.

Treed, I was lucky to find a 1963 953 because they are a very hard to find tractor. Ben

kj4kicks

Very nice, Ben and Stephen! I've never seen a 953 before.

Thanks for the pix.

Eldon.

CHARGER9AUTO

Thanks for the pix.

Eldon.

Eldon, Yeah . Ben

CHARGER9AUTO

Stephen in northern IN

953__1.jpg

953-2.jpg

GT14__1.jpg

Steve, I think the front end suit case weight looks neat on your 953 that you sold I will have mine at next years Wheel Horse show . Ben

T-Mo

Thanks for the pix.

Eldon.

I never saw a 953 either until I saw pictures of Ben's on mtf. I think there are a lot more WHs that I haven't saw yet, but I can't wait until I see more.

Curmudgeon

Two words.

Arendtsville, Pennsylvania

Dale

CHARGER9AUTO

I never saw a 953 either until I saw pictures of Ben's on mtf. I think there are a lot more WHs that I haven't saw yet, but I can't wait until I see more.

I have no problems wiith mt 953 like Steve did he should of kept his from the pictures it didn't look too bad of shape Dave Olchewsky has 1054's and Harvey likes his 953 both of them is from Maryland . Ben

kpinnc

Sharp looking machine, Ben. I like the paint job in particular.

Stephen, where did you get the suitcase weights? I can never find any small enough for my tractors.

Kevin

CHARGER9AUTO

Sharp looking machine, Ben. I like the paint job in particular.

Stephen, where did you get the suitcase weights? I can never find any small enough for my tractors.

Kevin

Kevin, The fellow who had the 953 he's an man that has nothing else to do except to paint the tractor and build a loader for his Cub Cadet thats what he told me when I went to look at it :D I hate when someone takes Black paint and paints over the decal - panel . I had to use a heat gun to get the decal off the dash panel. Ben

kpinnc

Go figure! I've got a couple "paint overs" myself. Kinda wishing I had the painter by the neck when it comes time to re-paint the thing...

BUT, I've stripped the hood decals off of a late 60's model before, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. If they made brake pads out of the same stuff, you would never need a replacement! :D

If the replacement decals for my Bronco 14 are EXACTLY the same size as original, I'm painting over the originals and putting the new ones on top! They are a PAIN to get off, even with a wire brush on a die grinder.

Well, maybe anyway. It'll be a while before I repaint that one...

Kevin

Rollerman

Ben your right I probably should have kept that one...I did like it but it frustrated me to no end at times...would not come out of gear " nearly drove over other tractors while pulling into garage", the diff on these large frame tractors are differant than the later style horses & it would hang up locking the rear tires together...I could go on about a few other things too.

But it's in a good friends hands now & he takes care of her, put new lenses in the grill,decals, & painted the rims.

The GT14 was also a nice tractor, but the pump was a little weak.

I guess I have a few I keep around but the rest of my collection is subject to change.

Kevin picked up the suit case weights at swap meets "only 1 in the pic" & still have the mount if I get another large frame.

I love the big horses....but they take up lots of space in my little garage & also are not as simple to repair or work on as the short/long frames.

Stephen in northern IN

kpinnc

Thanks Stephen!

I've got one of the old "bolt on" mule drives for a Wheel horse. It's about 3/8th thick steel flat bar, and about 2 inches wide. I'm thinking it would make a good bracket for the weights.

Now if I can just find some weights.... most are like 50 pounders, the rest are too far away to ship. Actually, I wouldn't even consider shipping something like that.

Thanks again. I guess I'm just gonna have to hit a few "other" tractor shows and see what I can find. :D

CHARGER9AUTO

Ben your right I probably should have kept that one...I did like it but it frustrated me to no end at times...would not come out of gear " nearly drove over other tractors while pulling into garage", the diff on these large frame tractors are differant than the later style horses & it would hang up locking the rear tires together...I could go on about a few other things too.

But it's in a good friends hands now & he takes care of her, put new lenses in the grill,decals, & painted the rims.

The GT14 was also a nice tractor, but the pump was a little weak.

I guess I have a few I keep around but the rest of my collection is subject to change.

Kevin picked up the suit case weights at swap meets "only 1 in the pic" & still have the mount if I get another large frame.

I love the big horses....but they take up lots of space in my little garage & also are not as simple to repair or work on as the short/long frames.

Stephen in northern IN

Steve, I sold some tractors over the years a '64 854 - '64 704 - '69 Work Horse 700 - '74 C-160 Auto to Tony Beugger he travels all over the place to pick up Wheel Horses he's from Canada . I had some WH attachmets blower vacuums and other parts 16 HP Kohler motor from a '73 16 AUTOMATIC tractor I bought out of someones yard it's been sitting under a tarp all the moisture got into the engine and seized up along with some hub caps I'm :D I sold everything I didn't need anymore looking back now I could used them . Ben