Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

HELP!! I may need emergency boat help!

nylyon

I have an opprotunity to pick up a 1993 Four Winns Sundowner 195 with a 5.0L Ford V8. The boat has a brand new out drive, but the motor needs work. Here's where I need help. The boat needs to be picked up by this weekend. My Durango will easily pull it, but here's the bad part THERE IS NO TRAILER!

What can I do? Does anyone have a boat trailer which I can borrow, or have a friend who has a boat trailer I can borrow?

I am going to try and see the boat tomorrow, it is about 25 miles away. The owner doesn't have any pictures for me, but I can't pass up on the price of this. $0.00!!!!! That's right FREE!!!! Ford V8's, heck I can rebuild those in my sleep!

What can I do???

Rollerman

Wish I were closer to help Karl...I'd bring a trailer & a beater snow plow for you.

I just stored mine this weekend.....I hope I got all the water out of the engine since since I winterized it myself.

Make sure to post pick if you get it!

Stephen in northern IN...Had to pay for my Four Winns Sundowner :D

T-Mo

Actually I know of where a boat trailer is, sitting pretty empty. My friend has one as he wants to make it into an utility trailer but hasn't start on it yet. Unfortunately Missouri is pretty far away from you.

nylyon

I called up a couple of marina's and there ain't one to be had... This is really a bummer, I am told that this boat is in excellent condition except for the engine, which is just fine with me.... ARGHHHHH..... Hate to see this go because of a stinking trailer......

Sparky

I dont have a spare trailer or know of one but could you possibly use a service to get it home. Here in Connecticut down by the shore theres a couple companies( or one man operations) that have huge trailers with hydraulicly operated bunks that can be easily adjusted to fit any trailer with the flick of a hydraulic lever. These guys are used primarily to move big boats outa the water to be stored on jacks or poppits in boat yards. Probably not cheap but hey...the boat was free so even a $300 tow bill is not a bad initial investment.

Mike......

nylyon

I'll have to check that out. The boat is in Port Chester, NY which is on the Ocean, so there should be someone around there, or maybe even in Greenwich or Stamford. Time to keep checking.....

Hey Mike, didn't you want to check out Candlewood lake in November? Don't worry about a place to park the trailer you'll never notice it missing, I mean New Milford is a tough place.... :D

Rollerman

Karl any luck with a boat trailer yet?

Stephen in northern IN

nylyon

Sadly, no. I had called some boat tranportation companies and had a couple of issues. First, they had large trucks and I wouldn't have been able to put the boat where it would need to be stored. Second, they wanted about $450 to move the boat, and because this is their busy time it was limited. I tried to ask my freecycle friends and someone replied back that they had a trailer they would sell me for $500 BUT I had to take the boat that was on it.

So I guess you can say that I missed the boat

Rollerman

I'm sorry to hear that Karl...for someone with the abilty to repair a V8 it sounded like a great deal.

I have to admit I was curious to see 93 Sundowner looked like compared to my 87 225?

I guess this means you won't want those water ski's anymore?

Stephen in northern IN

nylyon

I'll just keep my eye out for a nice boat, and when it comes along I'll be there waiting for it. In the mean time, I'll still give the skis to anyone who wants to pickem up.