Sign in to follow this  
papaglide

B-80

papaglide

Here is my 1975 B-80. I love this thing. It plowed my 200' driveway all winter long without no complaining. It is discing and cultivating my 15' x 50' garden without a problem. She is also cutting grass with her 36" RD deck.

B-80003.jpg

B-80002.jpg

sscotsman

Mike,

you are using the wrong photobucket link..

you need to use the one called "direct link"..

then hit the IMG button, and paste that link..the result:

B-80002.jpg

nice tractor! :hide:

Scot

papaglide

Thanks Scott. This method of posting pics is a little confusing at first!

Lane Ranger

I love my B-80 tractor too. I used a set of rubber tire chains on mine last winter and really liked how they performed on the concretedrive I have (which is about 100 feel long). They grip nice and kept the steel chain marks from digging in the concrete.

I bought my pair from this company:

http://www.astatraction.com/

This is a good all around tractor and with a lift hitch you can do a lot with like you are doing!

100_9724.jpg

:hide:

WH nut

I love my little B80, my only complaint is it doesnt turn very short. The front tires rub on the mower beck frame at the quick tach. It has a 36 in RD deck front tires were mounted backwards so it improved by switching them around but it still doesnt turn as weel as Id like

chesbaycruiser

Gotta' chime in here with more kudos for the venerable B-80!!!

I love my 1975, which, like it's brethren mentioned above, also faithfully plowed a lot of snow this year! Call me crazy, but when I'm on it, it just feels like a "bigger" tractor.

wheel_horse033.jpg

papaglide

WH nut: I agree, I wish the turning radius was a little tighter.

chesbaycruiser: I agree with you as well. It looks smallish but feels big. :hide:

skrusins

I also love my 75 B80 with 36 RD with all this rain it really performed.

I do have a question about te lift rod part no.102385? There are 3 holes

for the top and 2 for the bottom. The parts list shows to use the forward

hole for the bottom which of the 3 do I correctly use for the top trunnion

Thanks.

Retired Wrencher

:hide: :WRS::) I Agree these are 1 tough little tractor. this is the 1st year of the B-80 1974. Pound for pound they do a lot of work and get into tight spaces also. these K Kohlers run real smooth. B80atwork001.jpg

Retired Wrencher

1 more pick b-80inthesnow004-1.jpg

varosd

I have my Dad's 77 B-80 and still have pictures my on it as a kid in CT...was big (back then)for me compared to the Ariens rear engine that we got rid of! I dont' know if the numbers are correct but I thought that that 'size' tractor with the 8 hp and of course all the other same configurations was the "best selling" for wheel horse. Of course I'm looking for a C-160 hydro/lift..as sort of a big brother! :hide:

dgjks6

I also love my 75 B80 with 36 RD with all this rain it really performed.

I do have a question about te lift rod part no.102385? There are 3 holes

for the top and 2 for the bottom. The parts list shows to use the forward

hole for the bottom which of the 3 do I correctly use for the top trunnion

Thanks.

hope this helps. The newer parts diagrams are labeled better:

07R10016.gif

Actonhorse

I'll add my 75 B80 to the list although I haven't had a chance to use it yet. I got it in March and it was going to be a parts tractor but it was way too straight so I decided to do my first restoration. I hope... to be mowing by the middle of June. Here is a pic of where I am at.

IMG_0353.jpg

papaglide

Lookin good Dean! The tractor will not disappoint! :hide:

chesbaycruiser

Looking really nice Dean...hell of a first resto!!!

:hide:

Actonhorse

Thanks, it's been fun and challenging, I'll try to get a post going in the resto section.

Retired Wrencher

:hide: :WRS::) I would like to add to this post As the first years had this type of muffler do they still exist??? if not what is every one doing for a Muffler for this post??? Gary B.............................. b-80inthesnow006.jpg

papaglide

:WRS: Gary I just have a little round one that's straight out from the engine. Its kind of on the loud side. I would really like to get one that wraps around to the front and angles down. I think that type would be quieter and also keep the exhaust away from me.

Nice looking tractor! :hide:

dgoyette

More Kudos to the venerable B-80. Here is my all original one owner B-80. Love this machine!

b-80%252520front.jpg

papaglide

she's a beauty Darren! :hide:

Retired Wrencher

:hide: :WRS::) Hi Mike I am using this now because I had it hanging around. It is real Quite with this. I could use an extension on it but it works anyway.I like to know if the original is still available or Hopefully some one will chine in on this. Gary B........ ConversionmufflerforB-80001.jpg

Retired Wrencher

1 more ConversionmufflerforB-80004.jpg

Retired Wrencher

Last One ConversionmufflerforB-80003.jpg

Retired Wrencher

:woohoo: :D:ROTF: this is and old post but I think it is worthy of an up date. this is the finish project it had to be like because of the pto. it is real quite now runs real smooth. and After this was put on I sold it to a older R/Square member today so he can put around the show with it. I did not need it any more but I will miss it. I can not believe how much more quite it runs with this muffler. Well take care all Gary B....................... sellingtheB-80007.jpgsellingtheB-80002.jpg this the original muffler. theB-80issold004.jpg

hm12460

<---Very happy B-80 owner here too. Mine is a 1974 with the 4 speed. I bought a parts C-81 last weekend and just got done putting the 8 speed in mine.