Sign in to follow this  
Anthony Wendover

Gator Blades?

Anthony Wendover

Hey guys, I was wondering if tractor supply sells any gator blades that will go on my 48inch wheel horse deck? My gut is telling me know but thought id ask and check.

Kelly

Take a blade off and take it with you, match it up, length and the center hole, if you have the old double D hole probably not at TSC

C-Series14

I have never really checked at TSC for them but I just got a new set for my 48" deck from Jacks Small Engines...I like them alot. :thumbs:

MalMac

Be very careful that the hole on the blade is exact as the OEM blade and that it matches your spindle perfectly. Alot of aftermarket blades are not of the right size hole and I can tell you that it will ruin a spindle. I have seen this time and time again. Also have had it happen to me. I am not saying don't buy aftermarket, just make sure of the spindle hole. Some of the cheap stuff is just that-cheap. As far as Gator Blades I have not had problems. I like them for mulching of leaves in the fall with my vac. I don't like them for normal grass cutting but that's just me.

hounddoghundzsa

These guys are like TSC and are very reasonable:

http://www.agrisupply.com/

fdsinozich

Bailey's on line has them and a listing of the original part numbers they replace.

hounddoghundzsa

What are you trying to achieve with Gator blades? I've always found that high lift blades work the best.... Just curious.

Anthony Wendover

guys thanks for all of the help! I was going to try them because I have a giant willow tree out front and it drops twigs and branches daily, that and a lot of the front yard is dirt thanks to ants and moles last year. Was going to see if they cut better and stayed sharper longer.. The backyard though is thick green grass so not sure how they would do there.

bk-scouter

I have two sets of both the Toro blades and Gatorblades for my 48" deck. I have discovered that for me, the Gators cut better and hold their edge much longer than OEM. Only drawback is that when cutting with the Gators, you need to clean the bottom of the deck more often since the finer cuttings tend to cling more than normal.

-BK

Duff

I have two sets of both the Toro blades and Gatorblades for my 48" deck. I have discovered that for me, the Gators cut better and hold their edge much longer than OEM. Only drawback is that when cutting with the Gators, you need to clean the bottom of the deck more often since the finer cuttings tend to cling more than normal.

-BK

Dittos here! I hose off the underside of the deck with the blades spinning after each day of mowing and that cleans things up (except me if I get into the line of fire!) really nice. Gators do hold an edge, for sure!

~Duff :thumbs: