Sign in to follow this  
dgjks6

spray paint on hands

dgjks6

So answer this question for me. I got some toro red spray paint on my hands while painting. I have washed my hands multiple times and it is still there - it is starting to fade.

I painted some primed metal with the same paint and after drying for only 24 hours it still comes off easily.

Just frustrated at work with my red fingers

64s

I'm a house painter and one thing I've learned - paint stays forever where you don't want it. You can do all of the correct prep and within ten years you're back to do the job over. Spill one tiny drop on a concrete stoop, and it's there for fifty years. :thumbs:

oldandred

if you wear those rubber gloves it want get on you hands

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Mineral spirits works great and is not caustic...when the paint is fresh. If you really have to get it off...try fingernail polish remover. Women use it all the time and their fingers have not fallen off yet. :thumbs: or you could wash the dishes every night for a week. :thumbs:

rmaynard

or you could wash the dishes every night for a week. :thumbs:

Lot's of experience, huh?

Quite by accident, I had some spray paint on my fingers and was using brake cleaner to take some oil and grime off of some valve springs. Holding the springs with my fingers, I notice the paint disappear as I sprayed the grime off the springs. Don't know what the stuff is doing to my liver, but the paint's gone from my fingers.

bk-scouter

Try using "GOJO" handsoap. I keep it in the garage to clean my hands before coming in the house. It's cleaned all types of paint off of my hands, including wood stains. Works best right away though.:thumbs:

-BK

JC 1965

I use the light weight ( cheap ) rubber gloves when I paint BUT I always manage to get paint on my hands anyway. When I take the gloves off I touch the wet painted surface or something. :thumbs: Anyway I use GoJo and It works fine to remove the paint. Hope this helps!! :thumbs:

VinsRJ

A little laquer thinner on rag works for me.

dodge78

You can wear the rubber gloves to bed and the sweat and oil fron the skin will take a bunch off.