Sign in to follow this  
Mith

Anyone good with cell phones?

Mith

Long story (ish)

The charger for my old phone packed up. It was cheaper to buy a new (cheap) phone than buy a new charger, so I bought the new phone.

I took the little card thing out the old phone and put it in the new phone.

All was well for a while, worked perfectly, could send and receive calls as normal.

Now, recently, in the past week or so the new phone will only occasionally take calls. It works fine if I phone it from my home phone, but no-one else can get through.

I can still make calls fine.

I really really want to keep my old number, but at this point I dont know if its the phone or the little card thing that is the problem.

Please, any ideas, its doing my head in, and I've got a whole load of people who cant get through.

wse100

the little card is called the sim (sim card) which cellular service do you have? even If the sim is bad you can keep your number, You just need to have it reprogrammed. Honestly it could be a number of things, maybe the sim card from the newer phone isn't compatible with the old phone. Maybe the old phone can be (flashed)/ updated to accept the new card?

If I where you I would keep looking for a charger for the old phone that works, or take it to your cellular dealer. New sims only cost about $5.00 and they will make sure its compatible.

Wse100

kpinnc

If your phone has a micro USB port, I would also look to see if there are any updates available on the internet.

I know most all of the "PDA" style sets, including Blackberry, and the higher end LG and Cingular phones require regular software updates.

Might be worth a try. When my phones start acting stupid, it's almost always due to a patch I haven't yet installed...

good luck,

Kevin