Sign in to follow this  
jusjeepn

RJ59

jusjeepn

There are no RJ59's in the photo gallery :thumbs::thumbs: :thumbs:

MikesRJ

No one has ever been able to produce a photo, at least not published to RS, of an RJ-59 model/serial number tagged machine. The configuration of an RJ-59 is known, but the jury is still out as to whether or not Wheel Horse even installed an RJ-59 tag on an RJ-59 machine. Personally, I'd love to see one myself.

Kelly

I need to see a guy near me, I will have to double check but I think he has a RJ-59 with a readable tag, I bought a front mounted reel mower from him, the RJ he has is in pretty nice orig, shape with a engine swap.

jusjeepn

Isn't there a build date cast/stamped on the trans that would determine the year (if it's original) ? Mike, Did Terry make yours?

wallfish

I think VinsRJ has a tagged 59.

VinsRJ

I wish I could read the tag..... :thumbs: Its totally un-readable. I have the original sales receipt for the tractor indicating that the RJ was sold in mid 59 and was labled as a "RJ" (not a RJ58 or RJ59). Other aspects of the tractor are in line with indicated aspects for a RJ59.

IMO everything adds up that the tractor is a RJ59 but, if you are looking for Serial Tag confirmation, I can't help.

BTW the tractor is in my avatar...... and should be at the big show in 2011 :thumbs:

n1defan

Where is the identification tag on the 58 and 59. I have one but don't know what year it is.

oldandred

its on the chassie just behind the front wheel drivers side if its there most are gone

n1defan

Went and looked its gone.

n1defan

Here is a pic of it.

100_2395.jpg

n1defan
100_2394.jpg

Kelly

At least you have the hard to find air cleaner.

n1defan

I paid 125.00 for it three years ago at Oakley. I sat on it for three hours till the owner showed up so that I could buy it.

VinsRJ

Kelly is spot on, you've got the air cleaner, thats big. You also look to have a nice hood.

Typically blue Kohlers indicate a replacement motor and your recoil is of a newer variety but, don't get me wrong, you did VERY well for $125.00. I wish I could find a score like that :thumbs:

On either side of the shifter casted into tranny case, there may be a seriers of numbers..... post them up and lets see what the date code might be.

buckrancher

I wish I could read the tag..... :thumbs: Its totally un-readable. I have the original sales receipt for the tractor indicating that the RJ was sold in mid 59 and was labled as a "RJ" (not a RJ58 or RJ59). Other aspects of the tractor are in line with indicated aspects for a RJ59.

IMO everything adds up that the tractor is a RJ59 but, if you are looking for Serial Tag confirmation, I can't help.

BTW the tractor is in my avatar...... and should be at the big show in 2011 :thumbs:

Hey vince I have the same tractor I believe E-20-9 trans code same seat and clinton b1290

and mine still had the model and serial number tag on it RJ58/?6528 can't tell what the first serial number is

Brian

MikesRJ

The tag would look like this. I bought my serial/model decal from Ed Mayhew at the big show in 2008, the rest came from Terry.

RJ58-009-sm.jpg

VinsRJ

Hey vince I have the same tractor I believe E-20-9 trans code same seat and clinton b1290 and mine still had the model and serial number tag on it RJ58/?6528 can't tell what the first serial number is

Brian

Brian, no argument here, mine might very well be a RJ58 :thumbs:

The one thing I do know is...... the axels I picked up from you at the 2010 show are in it and work perfectly :thumbs:

I might need another set of axels soon :thumbs:

buckrancher

Hey

The one thing I do know is...... the axels I picked up from you at the 2010 show are in it and work perfectly :thumbs:

I might need another set of axels soon :thumbs:

Thanks vince

:thumbs: just let me know I can bring another set to 2011 show

Brian

ricksrj58

someone posted a link to craigslist here about a rj59 with tag for sale.i went and bought it, but before i bought it i was able to clean of the tag without damage to find rj58 on it :thumbs:

JC 1965

:thumbs: Looks great, I can.t see any rust, the hood and other sheet metal seems to be in great shape, should make it pretty easy to restore, if thats what you decide to do.

VinsRJ

someone posted a link to craigslist here about a rj59 with tag for sale.i went and bought it, but before i bought it i was able to clean of the tag without damage to find rj58 on it :thumbs:

Its happen to the best of us :thumbs:

Eriks Red horse herd

I Think its a RJ-58 early one. If you take a look at the clutch Arm in the pics it looks to be squared at the end, not rounded like the later 58 and 59 . he needs to check and see if it has a casting number on the trans near the shifter.

jusjeepn

It just seems like everybody and their brother has an RJ58 but no one has an RJ59. It's like if it doesn't have a tag (very few do), it's automatically an RJ58. :thumbs:

VinsRJ

It's like if it doesn't have a tag (very few do), it's automatically an RJ58. :thumbs:

Keep in mind that out of 22,000 or so RJs built during 58-59 its thought that only about 2000 or so were RJ59s. :thumbs: The chances of running into a RJ58 is alot greater.

LeonardS

It just seems like everybody and their brother has an RJ58 but no one has an RJ59. It's like if it doesn't have a tag (very few do), it's automatically an RJ58. :thumbs:

I don't have an RJ58 or 59, but I would like one if someone has one for sale!!

Leonard