Sign in to follow this  
rob65

Straight from the Horses mouth

Sparky

I have both editions and the first one is coming apart. I dont read it or referance it like I used to so its no big deal.

Mike..........

GlenPettit

- - - I'm a retired Printer & former Printing Instructor at MSU (and a Wheel Horse person), my thoughts - - -

Michael Martino, Jr. (the Author of both) most likely has the original copyrights and could authorize a reprint of the original book, as it was most likely still digitally stored by the publisher/printer in Pennsylvania.

The problem is COST: I believe the original run was probably about 5,000 copies, which usually the shortest run on the presses for a hardbound book like this; a reprint of the first edition in 2011 would have to retail for $40 to $50 each, and since most of us already have our copy, we would not likely buy an identical one, again, for that price.

Labor, paper, equipment, & safety

bitten

Mike Martino is a member here on RS, maybe he will see this and add his comments.

harleyjj

I would love a copy of this book, I just cant justify the outrageous price that they go for on the internet! I would certainly buy one if they ever print another edition

HorseFixer

I have both copies and I handle them gingerly. I have a couple extras of the second copy and have autographed and one of them is put away in a vacuum bag with the original and have a weight on top and they both look fine. I also have a Video of me talking with Cecil. The 2008 WH Show was quite an experience and I was fortunate to meet both of them along with Betty.

2008WHSHOW294.jpg

2008WHSHOW275.jpg

The conversation with Cecil was about my Wifes great aunt, who knew the pond family and had a chain of restaurants in South Bend. There was also conversation about the wheel horse dealer that was located next door to the original factory on Dixie Way Worth and Auten rd. That Video alone is quite a keepsake for me, and I listen to it occasionally. In the Picture Chandler Sales & Service is still in operation and Was located next door to the original plant that has been tore down and is now a CVS pharmacy.

PICS120.jpg

bustedglass

I have both 1st, and 2nd edition books. I have read them both QUITE A FEW TIMES, AND THEY ARE HOLDING UP GREAT !!!!! :thumbs:

can whlvr

id pay 40-50 4 a new book,or a third run