Sign in to follow this  
Fiscalyear

NUMBER OF MEMBERS

Fiscalyear

I like stat's so here is a simple one that I found interesting.

According to our member count list we have 4227 members (as of about 5 minutes ago - I'm sure this is a moving target).

Of the 4227 members there are 1986 members who have NEVER posted a message. That's about 47%.

Just an interesting observation. :thumbs: Have a good day.

:thumbs: Eddie

Save Old Iron

next observations for the dataset should be

posts =1

and

posts <10

Talk about a textbook example of a positively skewed data set.

I bet you could easily create a highly bi-modal distribution if you look at other aspects of the posts !!

The bivariate of count versus usefulness should raise a few eyebrows too.

I'm "95% confident" of that!!

A little statistics humor folks.

wheelhorse656

what about finding what members get on and check once a week ad every few days dow to the members who are on everyday it would be fun to figure this out. :thumbs:

Buzz

posts =1

and

posts <10

I bet you could easily create a highly bi-modal distribution if you look at other aspects of the posts !!

:thumbs: Chuck....... have you been eating alphabet soup for lunch again, or did someone line the bottom of your squirrel cage with pages from the dictionary?

"Bivariate" indeed.......... :thumbs::thumbs: :thumbs:

Operator

I'm trying to figure out how Eddie did this.

Fiscalyear

Easy one OPERATOR:

1. My Assistant

2. Overall top 10 posters

3. At page bottom smash "GO" button

4. Count

Sneaky huh :thumbs:

Operator

I seee! I don't get over to that page to often. Thanks!

Fiscalyear

The reason I was interested in this topic is because when you click on the first level on this site, "RedSquare", then go to the bottom, you will see that most times there are more GUESTS viewing this site than MEMBERS.

I wonder where our supporters are coming from if every new outsider that visits our site has no incentive to become a member !

Is there a rule somewhere that says you have to own a Wheel Horse to become a member? I hope not. I think just an 'interest' in the ownership and the commaraderie of such a group would draw on recruiting new members. They could always buy a Horse later. :thumbs:

If I am thinking correctly I don't believe this site supports it's self financially. That type of support must come from the members that are participating members. Especially members that appreciate the posts that are put up for all of the members to use and enjoy. From what I've read today there is chat that we should come up with a way to help offset the responsibilities (financially) of support for our group. Guests don't generally help with financial support for such a group.

I'm sorry, I got carried away with where my train of thought was going with this response so I will just say - have a good evening.

Duff

The reason I was interested in this topic is because when you click on the first level on this site, "RedSquare", then go to the bottom, you will see that most times there are more GUESTS viewing this site than MEMBERS.

I wonder where our supporters are coming from if every new outsider that visits our site has no incentive to become a member !

Is there a rule somewhere that says you have to own a Wheel Horse to become a member? I hope not. I think just an 'interest' in the ownership and the commaraderie of such a group would draw on recruiting new members. They could always buy a Horse later. :thumbs:

I can take a crack at part of this, I think.....

There are no rules regarding ownership of a :thumbs: to become a member, and as far as I know never have been (I was member #50, so I've been here a while!). As you correctly point out, interest in these machines and the camaraderie of the site are the driving forces behind both our success and an incentive to join. Many, many people have begun as guests, gotten "bit by the bug" and have joined the ranks of owners and members. There's been quite a discussion about "lurkers" (another name for our guests that I'm not sure I'm really fond of, but that's neither here nor there), and the consensus seems to be that we welcome them - that I do agree with!

As to the financial side of things, I don't know a whole lot about our costs and such, but I am proud to support them in whatever small way I can!

Duff :thumbs:

T-Mo

There is no rule for ownership of a Wheel Horse to become a member. Membership is free and anyone can join (for the most part).

Second, if you don't logged in (though most members have it set up where they're logged in automatically), then you will be a "guest". Also, I feel that some guests may be spammers who are probably gauging the potential "client" list and/or possible becoming a member so they can sling their spam. Other guests may be potential owners who are reading through the free information provided by this site. They may or may not joined, depending on whether they buy that Wheel Horse they're looking at. Other guests may be old time Wheel Horse owners who are just checking us out. Most of them, I feel, will eventually join, either that first day or down the road.

This site, as with most sites, will have a broad base of members, representing different view points, different skill sets, different locations, and even different tractor brand loyalties.

Operator

I myself don't see anything really "wrong" with the lurkers, I was just to see what it was all about. Going from the Yahoo Groups style to this style was quite a bit different. Red Square is my number one site to go to. As far as $ support I'm thinking donating again so I can use this time of the year as my anniversary date.

A side note Terry the Vinyl Guy got me pointed over to this site, Thanks Terry!

stevasaurus

Eddie...as far as incentives...a few sections on the main page are not available to guests, plus they can not contribute in the posts, or ask questions. There are some advantages to being a member. :thumbs:

jdpuller

I better start posting more or I might be in the next round of stat's :thumbs:

my wife gives me crap every night when I spend two hours catching up on what I missed during the day. I sure do enjoy reading the posts on this site. :thumbs:

wheelhorse656

There is no rule for ownership of a Wheel Horse to become a member. Membership is free and anyone can join (for the most part).

Second, if you don't logged in (though most members have it set up where they're logged in automatically), then you will be a "guest". Also, I feel that some guests may be spammers who are probably gauging the potential "client" list and/or possible becoming a member so they can sling their spam. Other guests may be potential owners who are reading through the free information provided by this site. They may or may not joined, depending on whether they buy that Wheel Horse they're looking at. Other guests may be old time Wheel Horse owners who are just checking us out. Most of them, I feel, will eventually join, either that first day or down the road.

This site, as with most sites, will have a broad base of members, representing different view points, different skill sets, different locations, and even different tractor brand loyalties.

i kow a few people who just view and have not joind us yet. ad they are into wheel horse big time. :thumbs:

can whlvr

i too was a lurker,i lurked for a few months and then joined and never looked back

stevasaurus

I joined the first day I was told about this site...I needed a lot of help. :thumbs:

mavfreak

I joined the first day I was told about this site...I needed a lot of help. :thumbs:

I still think you need help Steve but not sure if there is anyone on here is licensed for that! :thumbs:

stevasaurus

I had a feeling that I was leaving myself open for that Heath. :thumbs:

mavfreak

:thumbs:

bustedglass

You walked right into that one Steve :thumbs:

chesbaycruiser

I'd prefer lurkers here to observe and learn, over those posters who are simply in love with their own "voice" any day!

(Although...to be honest, looking back on some of my own posts, I'm not too sure I don't sometimes qualify for the latter!) :thumbs:

Thankfully, that's a very tiny percentage of folks here.

JimD

I lurked for some time. Then I realized I like the sound of my voice, so I joined! :thumbs:

stevasaurus

I'd prefer lurkers here to observe and learn, over those posters who are simply in love with their own "voice" any day!

(Although...to be honest, looking back on some of my own posts, I'm not too sure I don't sometimes qualify for the latter!) :thumbs:

Thankfully, that's a very tiny percentage of folks here.

Not sure who you are attacking here, very uncool man. :thumbs:

Guests do not contribute anything until they join, I would venture that there are certain members that do not contribute for the good of the site either. Why don't you send a PM if you have a concern??? :thumbs:

HorseFixer

posts =1

and

posts <10

:drool: Chuck....... have you been eating alphabet soup for lunch again, or did someone line the bottom of your squirrel cage with pages from the dictionary?

"Bivariate" indeed.......... :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

:drool: :thumbs:

Vinylguy

I myself don't see anything really "wrong" with the lurkers, I was just to see what it was all about. Going from the Yahoo Groups style to this style was quite a bit different. Red Square is my number one site to go to. As far as $ support I'm thinking donating again so I can use this time of the year as my anniversary date.

A side note Terry the Vinyl Guy got me pointed over to this site, Thanks Terry!

So many times I get a call like this:

CALLER: Hello is this the wheel horse guy?

ME: Yes this the WH decal guy what can i help you with?

Caller: What color paint should I use?

ME: You go to www.wheelhorseforum.com sign up and ask a question.

CALLER: I will check it out thanks.

ME: Your welcome but be prepared to give up 3 to 4 hours a week because it

can does quite often become addictive.

Guess I'm A Pusher :thumbs:

How far are you from Route 53 Randy?

I f we get to go to Leech Lake on the Valkyrie this summer maybe I can look you up.

Making sure to stop at Sarge's place and then up to Elgin to Bother the Wheelasaurus.

OOPS, I meant /steveasaurus :thumbs: