Sign in to follow this  
wheel horse tractor guy

i just sold it

wheel horse tractor guy

Good afternoon,

I just sold my brush painted 1969 john deere 140h3 for $1000 i'm now ready to buy my next :thumbs: i bought the john 140 to re do and sell it but i figured let me try selling it as is and i did. the guy who owned it before me painted it with a brush that was not cool but anyway i'm in the market for another :thumbs: what sould i get i really like the c-141 or a raider 12.

i tought this guy was not going to show up this morning at 7:30 am but he did at 7:35 he was here with a rented trailer no question asked loaded it and cash in hand. my new addition is probably coming monday b-100 thats the one i'm trading for a cub 106. i'm hoping to figure out on how to put picture so you guys can see what i got for toys. :thumbs:

VinsRJ

Glad to hear your deal completed........ good luck on your new purchase.

I love when a plan comes together :thumbs:

wheel horse tractor guy

Thanks i should be able to get a good running and lookin :thumbs: for the money they are hard to find in RI if i have to go on a road trip i will depening on what it is. :thumbs:

KB9LOR

Always good to trade in those greenies for a Horse any day!

can whlvr

good to here u got rid of the green machine,u will be able to upgrade nicly

PlowDayJunkie

I have a 520-H with no attachments 24-12-12 turfs on the back. hydraulic lift, and the direction lever on the steering column. excellent seat. $900.00

located zip code 13365

Scott

315-794-1377

Little Falls, NY. 13365

USA

:thumbs::thumbs:

Attached Image

post-3-1296955271.jpg

wheel horse tractor guy

thats a real nice 520h but i would really like attachments also thanks anyway :thumbs: .

i have a 1967 sears suburban ss/16 onan with sears loader tractor runs but the loader frame needs some work like hydraulic lines need to be replaced and 1 piston seal oh and i want to but new ag tires front and back maybe i'll put some of my money into that for now :thumbs: .

PlowDayJunkie

another 400 gets the 60 inch deck.

I have sleeve hitches, cultivators, plows, all available for the wheel horse.

scott

:thumbs:

Operator

thats a real nice 520h but i would really like attachments also thanks anyway :thumbs: .

i have a 1967 sears suburban ss/16 onan with sears loader tractor runs but the loader frame needs some work like hydraulic lines need to be replaced and 1 piston seal oh and i want to but new ag tires front and back maybe i'll put some of my money into that for now :thumbs: .

Take the ags and loader and then road trip to Scotts house and get that nice 520, then head home and put ags and loader on your new to you 520! :thumbs: No brainer!

Nice 520 Scott.

T-Mo

Unfortunately, you won't find anything in the Wheel Horse line that has the capabilities of the JD 140-H3, one of the best garden tractors made IMHO. JD design the 140 to compete against Cub Lo-boys and other small utility tractors of that era. So JD designed it with triple spool hydraulics. It broke new ground in the garden tractor market as you could work implements separately. If you sold it for $1000, the buyer got a great deal. One guy over on wfm, just bought a 140-H3 for $1500 with a snow blade, and he got a great deal. But the JD 140s are more complicated to work on and has a lot more parts to go wrong. I would like to find a 140-H3 someday.

mowerman1193

I have 2 of those old 140 H-3's one early style 1968 low serial number and a 1973. They are real heavy tractors that's for sure. Parts seem to be cheaper than Horse parts as for belts and small items. But I sure would rather work on my Horse's than on the Deere, LOL

Kevin

hm12460

I gotta agree with T-MO and Mowerman, the 140 H-3 is a classic in it's own right and just about bullet proof. A very good tractor whether you like them or not. With that said, a used Wheel Horse can be an excellent value and also a very good tractor, and just as bullet proof. It just doesn't have the feature's of the 140. I don't necessarily believe a "red" tractor is any better or worse than a "green" tractor. They're just different and both have their strengths'/weakness' BTW, I'll never sell my 312-8 speed! :thumbs:

wheel horse tractor guy

For me i don't really care for the hydrostatic drive that was the only thing i didn't care for.I love the standrard transmission. :thumbs: