Sign in to follow this  
frankiefiredog

Adding a hydraulic lift to a manual lift tractor

wallfish

It may take a while to bleed all of the air out. Keep moving the valve back and forth so the cylinder extends and retracts all the way. If there is any air in the system it will compress.

frankiefiredog

B-8074

Thank you very much for the photos. Unfortunately, my hydro doesn't look anything like the ones in the picture.

As far as bleeding the air out, should I disconnect the snowblower and exercise the mechanics for a while? I never did this prior, as I just hooked it all back up and started the tractor. I suppose it could be air. Is there a better way to get the air out? Just work the mech? That seems too easy, but I will try it!

B-8074

Can you post some pics? Maybe you have the wrong set up for your hydro? What hydro do you have?

wallfish

B-8074

Thank you very much for the photos. Unfortunately, my hydro doesn't look anything like the ones in the picture.

As far as bleeding the air out, should I disconnect the snowblower and exercise the mechanics for a while? I never did this prior, as I just hooked it all back up and started the tractor. I suppose it could be air. Is there a better way to get the air out? Just work the mech? That seems too easy, but I will try it!

It is simple. The oil will push the air out when you work the valve. Air bubbles will eventually float out. How many times did you work the cylinder in and out? It should only take a few times to get most of it out but if it feels spoungy, that's the air bubbles compressing.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• 69-Raider-10
      By 69-Raider-10
      Just brought her home an hour ago! Ran it through the paces and everything checks out! Now shes coming in the shop to get a good tune up, the Bolens plow taken off and replaced, fluids change, some rewiring, a motor cleaning and a couple of new gaskets, and a good carb cleaning. And maybe some fuel lines. 😁 This is my first hydro so its taking some getting used too. LOVE the hydraulic lift though! Dont know how I lasted this long without one!

• Bigwatersig
      By Bigwatersig
      Hey Guys, buying a WH Toro 520xi from my dad, model 73540. He wants $3500, probably way too much considering he didnt even change the oil or filters! Oil temp gauge doesn't work? I will negotiate with him after I see what it takes to get it into shape. It came with a dump bucket, grader blade, snow blade, bagger with no bag... I am currently dealing with fuel issues, Hot stall issues, wouldn't start at all last night, had to spray gas in carb with spray bottle to drive it into garage last night, gonna look for carb rebuild kit after this post, had 12 volts to shut off solenoid when cold, maybe sticking? But I will probably be able to deal with that. I have a major landscaping project, bought cheap lake house that has major erosion issues, and need to move a lot of dirt and gravel. The dump bucket is very helpful for a 53 year old, but it doesn't have the power to lift a full load of heavy dirt, and I have to use a pick axe to pry up under bucket while lifting implement lever to raise a load of gravel. Once  I get it started up it raises and holds. My dad had this tractor a while but didn't use it too much, but also didn't maintain it well. I changed fluid and all three filters, 10W 30 in Hydrostatic drive system. Clueless about whether or not this is just overloading system? Or if there is a problem. Haven't even tried to hook up grader blade, took me forever to figure out how to hook up bucket! The priority is to get her running right, but it would be nice if the bucket would lift a full load without assistance?
    • hill881
      By hill881
      I hooked up an implement lift valve and now the sunstrand 90-4620 hydrostatic does not have enough power to load tractor on to a trailer.  If I unhook the valve the hydrostatic has all kinds of power.  Is there something that Im missing or do I have the hose hooked into the wrong ports?  Does anyone have a diagram on how the hose hook to the hydrostatic and what ports.