Sign in to follow this  
stevasaurus

3RD WORST FOR CHICAGO

stevasaurus

There was no way to go out there and move the snow while the wind was blowing...just had to ride it out and go out when it was done. Here is some picks...the 857 was great, but she was in over her head with no where to push it.

2010_0205temp0001.jpg

2010_0205temp0002.jpg

2010_0205temp0003-Copy-Copy.jpg

2010_0205temp0005.jpg

2010_0205temp0008.jpg

2010_0205temp0009.jpg

2010_0205temp0010.jpg

2010_0205temp0012.jpg

2010_0205temp0013.jpg

2010_0205temp0014.jpg

I can't wait to do that again. :banghead: I just hope we get that February thaw so there is some room to pooooosh it. :thumbs:

HorseFixer

:ROTF: Well sometimes its not good to wish for something cause ya just might get it! :hide: Yep, do I see a Blower in the Picture in the near future? :banghead: Anyways enjoy yourself and have fun.. How many Rock N Rye's would you figure to do all of that anyways? :thumbs:

wh310-8

Surprised your not wearing your tennis shoes and no socks :banghead:

zieg72

From the pics of Elgin, IL you got hit worse than we did. It is finally starting to taper off. I will head out and clean the drive again. Probably have totals nearing 20 inches not counting the drifts.

dandan111

Our snow was so wet and heaving ,it was not a fun job

today here in indiana. No big tall drifts though.

Sparky

WOW, snow boots :banghead: ! Did you do all the sidewalks as well Steve?

Mike.......

dclarke

Thanks for the pics Steve, :banghead: how much did you get? i think we only got 8 - 10" around here. I think a lot of it came down as sleet, pretty hard to blow.

Arndts small engine repair

Hi great photos nice job ! :banghead:

racinfool40

Great Pics Steve!!! :thumbs: and about the Blower :banghead: Maybe Indy can give you a hand at POOOOOSHING it :ROTF:

stevasaurus

We got a good 18-20 inches...but the wind was relentless...could not go out there and clear when it was 6 or 7"...just had to wait until the wind died. :ROTF: That wind made it the storm of this century. I was 16 years old in 1967, for the worst one, and in a lot better shape.... :banghead: I was delivering pizzas that night...Needless to say...I had a lot more fun then this time. :hide: :thumbs:

corn53

:banghead: Wow that looks ruff!!

HankB

We got a good 18-20 inches.

I'm going with 20". Wife and I just got back from a hike in the woods. In the woods where the trees block the wind and keep it from drifting, we were breaking trail through snow up to our knees.

I bet we won't have to deal with this again for a while!

And I have to add, the weather forecast was spot on. I thought they were crazy when they issued the warnings days before it arrived. But by Monday morning I could see it start to develop in Texas and head for us. In '67 there was no warning.

Nice pictures! I did the '99 storm with a Charger V8 and 42" blade so I feel your pain!

-hank

Greg Parnell

Great snow pictures and that was a big snow storm.

tmix

Nice pics she did GOOD ay! snow baby snow tmix :banghead:

Gerry w

Great pics!! WOW, quite a load of snow between those rigs! Did you go out and buy snow man parts??

I don't see a cup holder on the tractor! ???

Pollack Pete

Hey,looks like your 857 did one hell of a job.Two thumbs up!!!

Operator

I'm thinkin "no socks in them boots" am I right? Nice pic's Steve.

jpmcleod

I have beenn looking at pictures of you guys pushing/blowing snow.

Today I worked in the yard picking up tree limbs from a recent storm. I was thinking of the snow pictures on this site.

It was 81 degrees and overcast. I was sweating my butt off.

When you get tired of the snow, come to Florida and enjoy the sunshine.

I look forward each year to Winter because I really enjoy the snow pictures. Some time I wish it would snow here so I could have some fun with my tractors.

Keep the pics comming.

gattonde

Glad to see you were wearing socks and boots this time Steve.

Dan

stevasaurus

Socks and boots for this one...yes sir...first time this winter. I knew I was going to be out there all day. No gloves though and my hands never got cold. Actually, I tried gloves but they kept getting in the way of shifting and lifting on the horse. Man, am I sore today...not used to all that excitement. :thumbs:

I love that picture of all that snow on the hood of my truck. Crazy what the wind will do. :banghead:

wh1257

wow dad monster saying grrr !!!!!!!!

mavfreak

My wifes grandma lives in Chicago and I really hope she's ok. we are going to call her later today. I wish I was close to them so I could be there to help them out!

stevasaurus

Heath, I would bet she is OK. Everyone around here loves a storm like this and they are all more then willing to help the people that need it. :banghead:

HankB

My wifes grandma lives in Chicago and I really hope she's ok. we are going to call her later today. I wish I was close to them so I could be there to help them out!

What Steve said. I'd be very surprised if she was not OK. But give her a call anyway. I'm sure she'll be delighted to hear from you and maybe she'll even have some good blizzard stories to share.

best,

hank