Sign in to follow this  
MikesRJ

5 important lessons about the way we treat people

MikesRJ

1. - First Important Lesson - Cleaning Lady.

During my second month of college, our professor gave us a pop quiz. I was a conscientious student and had breezed through the questions until I read the last one:

"What is the first name of the woman who cleans the school?"

Surely this was some kind of joke. I had seen the Cleaning woman several times. She was tall, Dark-haired and in her 50's, but how would I know her name?

I handed in my paper, leaving the last question Blank. Just before class ended, one student asked if the last question would count toward our quiz grade.

"Absolutely,

racinfool40

:banghead: No need to say anymore!!!!!!!!!

dclarke

:banghead: No need to say anymore!!!!!!!!!

Amen to that. :thumbs: Thanks Mike.

Gerry w

Wow! Thanks Mike, think I'm going to use this in school with my 8th graders. We take so much for granted!

6wheeler

Very nice Mike, As a member and President of our local Eagles club. I have a whole new respect for people and the things we can accomplish. We deal with alot of situations that sometimes seem hopeless. When we do fundraisers for people that are desperately in need, It can be quite humbling to see the level of appreciation they show in return. If a person thinks their life is terrible. Well, I have learned you probably won't have to look far to see someone elses is alot worse. We do not judge. We try very hard not to turn anyone down if they need us. People helping people. That is what we do. Pat

Roger from southern Iowa

WOW!!!

That's reality!

Coadster32

:banghead: Thanks Mike.

stevasaurus

:banghead: :thumbs::ROTF::hide::hide: :D

Greg Parnell

Good reading, reminds me of the many lessons I was taught as I was growing up at home and in church. Sounds familiar to the lessons and stories told in the Bible Now I'm trying to teach the same good stuff to my children.

Operator

:banghead: :ROTF::thumbs::hide:

Good one Mike!

wheelhorse656

:banghead: :ROTF::hide::hide::thumbs: :D

dgoyette

Thanks Mike...good thread I enjoyed reading it very much.

Daddy Don

This should be a lesson for all of us. Thanks :banghead:

sgtsampay

Wow that was very touching, Thanks you..

chazm

Words & Thoughts to live by :banghead:

:thumbs:

Chaz :ROTF:

bitten

:banghead:

dkopp

Thanks for the reminders! It's all too sad that we get caught up in life and forget the simple stuff!

flyovrcntry

You know anytime I read or hear something like this I am reminded of my father-in-law.Charley was a christian man,I don't remember having heard him say a bad word about anyone.Charley was a machinist,he could do anything and fab a part if you couldn't find one.

I remember the story about the kid whose lawnmower wouldnt run.The kid mowed lawns for people,so Charley said here you can use my mower till I fix yours.Charley worked as a machinist so he probably didn't have time right then,he probably said,come back in a few day's.Well of course his wife said you will never see that kid or your mower again.Well you know where I'm ging.The kid brought it back and picked up his mower.Of course Charley didn't charge him anything,maybe for parts,but if it was something minor he wouldn't even take that.

There is a lot of stories like that about Charley and one that I heard at his euology didn't surprise me.Like I said Charley was a christian man,you would never get a sermon from him on how you should live your life.I have always said he lived the life,and probably turned more people than anyone ever knew.As I was saying at his service the story was told about his church.It seems that years ago his church was in bad financial shape and was going to fold.It was told that Charley and another party gave enough and convinced the pastor to stay on. That church is still there today.The thing is at that time he was raising a big family with six kids.Not anyone in the family had ever known this.

You know how people will speculate after a person has passed on if they went to heaven,were they right with god.I never heard that about Charley.I always said if there was only one place remaining in heaven he would get it.But then I know he wouldn't because he would give it to someone else.

SAM58

Great Thread!!

Amen :banghead:

:thumbs:

mavfreak

well said!

nylyon

But Nat King Cole died in California. Nice story all the same.

flyovrcntry

But Nat King Cole died in California. Nice story all the same.

Whats your point? At that time you could travel from al to ca.

nylyon

It's a nice story, but not true, only point.