Sign in to follow this  
bmuone

My new C-175 (?)

bmuone

I thought I would post a picture of my new C-175. First, I know that it is not the orig hood. And I know it is not the orig engine. The tag on the dash is .... 01-17KE01...I got a mower deck, front blade, and a tiller (without the mid-mount attachment) with it. It was not well maintained so I replaced a few steering parts and cleaned it up some and it runs like a new one.

MVC-002S.jpg

MVC-001S.jpg

MVC-009S5.jpg

racinfool40

Looks like a mighty fine machine to me!!! Thanks for the pics :banghead: as long as your happy with it thats all that Matters!!!!

wh1257

this is not a c-175 tis is a 417 A

kpinnc

Definitely not a C series tractor, unless someone has been swapping sheet metal with a 300 or 400 series. Nothing wrong with it of course- A couple of my favorite machines are made up from multiple donors.

Also looks to be a V-twin Kohler engine, though I can't be sure viewing it from the PTO side.

this is not a c-175 tis is a 417 A

Maybe, but if so it has been re-powered. The 417-A had an opposed-twin KT-17 engine. That is not what is on it now.

No matter what it is, it looks good. I kinda like the wheel color as well. :banghead:

bmuone

That's sorta what I thought to. I have a 417a. It has the ridges on the top of the hood unlike this one which is smooth topped. I have not put them side by side to compare yet. I think a couple of the other panels may be some different. The motor is a 18hp briggs twin. I was told when I picked it up I was the third owner and it had some paper work indicating C-175. Still, it runs great and I can't wait to put the briggs up againt the kohler on the 417a. Oh it does have another side.....

MVC-003S-1.jpg

MVC-007S2.jpg

MVC-010S3.jpg

TT

I'll definitely back you up on this one.

Here's my 18hp Vanguard twin-powered "400 series replica" converted 1980 C-85 project :thumbs: :

Start:

C85005.jpg

Part way through:

C18562609002.jpg

Sheetmetal swapped:

C-85transformation004.jpg

It is a 100% bolt-on swap that can be done easily. :banghead:

bobert94

If you go by the # it was orignally a 1980-1981 c-175 :banghead:

dgjks6

Maybe its a 475-HD? :banghead:

Wheel Horse Fan

It probably was a C-175 at one time, but they definitely switch a few things around. The lower dash and gear/brake panel seem to be from a c-series. The transmission clutch lever seems to be missing.

jpmcleod

I may not be able to spot all the incorrect parts on your tractor, but I know how to use the "fence pole tool" lying next to it.

I have a modified C-175 that was made from pieces and parts. When I got it, the plastic fender pan was busted from a bull butting it, I guess because it was red, and the hood was rusted beyond repair. I put it back together with spare parts from other tractors and I sure do like it. It has a twin Kohler with twin stacks and it has plenty of power.

I do like the B&S Vanguard twins. They are great engines. We have used them on golf carts to boost the power.

Good luck with yours. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

can whlvr

i personally think all motors should have the pull start,even if just for backup,nice tractor too :banghead:

Roger from southern Iowa

It will make a great worker!!

Nice machine. :banghead:

boovuc

Hey Guys,

They don't look too bad with a Vanguard in them!

Can someone tell me the spec numbers on those Briggs Vanguard engines?

I know a need at least a 3.5 inch shaft with an inch and an eighth diameter and a .25 inch keyway. I would like to know what that engine spec is?

Thanks,

BooVuc

Mill Hall, PA

TT

My Vanguard (supposedly) came from a White GT-1850 tractor.

Model 350447 / Type 0119-01 It was built early in 1993.

bmuone

BooVuc the numbers on my engine are:

Model: 350447

Type: 0075 01

Code: 94122711

I'm still learning things about this tractor because my wife had a knee replacement soon after I bought it and I have been care giver (nice word for it huh?) for several weeks. If those numbers don't help you let me know what else you need and I'll try to get it.

TT

I have never seen a Vanguard twin with a straight crankshaft larger than 1".

I used the C-85 engine pulley and inner bearing race for the PTO pulley.

boovuc

Thanks for the info guys. I wondered about those Vanguards and the spec nu,bers, etc.

BooVuc

Mill Hall, PA

boatman

:banghead: Hi all,

The vangaurd engines have a 1" shaft, however you can get

a sleeve to bring it up to the correct 1 1/8th size. Used to be a

guy in wisc. I believe that used to do engine conversions using the

vanguard engines and he had the sleeves etc.

kpinnc

Still, it runs great and I can't wait to put the briggs up againt the kohler on the 417a.

I thought it might be a Vanguard, but wasn't sure from the previous pics. I'm not a fan of Briggs engines, but I take exception on the V-twin Vanguards. I believe they are as good as you can get on any of the newer engines. I've even got a couple of my own- one currently in my re-powered 520-H:

Picture003.jpg

It's a great motor, and I've worked it hard for two years with no problems whatsoever.