Sign in to follow this  
C101Mike

New to Forum

C101Mike

Hello All,

Nice forum you have here, thought I'd sign up and hopefully someday have enough knowledge to contribute. A little info on myself. Not to long ago I bought my first Wheel Horse at a tractor show near my home, a 79 C101, I gave the guy $200 and drove it home about a mile from the show, then cut my grass with it, I am amazed at how solid the tractor is. I am currently in the midst of a "frame off Resto", and am hoping in the not to distant future to be putting it back together, if I can remember how, I've got most of the bigger sheet metal parts painted and some re-labeled, so far I've been able to find what parts I've needed, I am still amazed at the availablity of parts, shows a good commitment to the customer, great piece of equipment.

In the past I had always been a green fan........ but not anymore red all the way!

I'm sure I'll have plenty of newie questions when I start to put my horse back together, looking forward to learning alot and some day contributing.

Mike R

Dallas NC

BairleaFarm

:whistle:

Lets see some pics. A complete restore should be fun.. the guys on here are extremely knowledgeable. Have fun looking around and reading.

nylyon

Good to have you here Mike. Another JD convert, good to see :WRS: While going throught your restoration should you get stuck, it's very likely that you'll find the answer you need here, which will probably include pictures as well. Hope to see some pictures of your C101 as well.

Again :whistle:

TT

:WRS: , Mike!

Glad to have you here, and even more glad to hear your favorite tractor color is now RED ! :whistle:

Most of the basic questions have been answered on here somewhere already, but if you need help with something tricky - you're in the right place! :D

C101Mike

Thanks for the warm welcome, I've got some before pictures I'll post here shortly and maybe a few pics of some of the completed parts. I'll have to get them out of the spare bedroom and take some pictures, boy the wife's peeed about storing tractor parts in the bedroom :whistle: , I don't know what her problem is, I can't let my newly refinished parts get wet, she'll just have to get over it .

Again thanks for the welcome

Mike R

T-Mo

Mike,

:D I was and still am a green fan :WRS: , but now my red tractors outnumbered my green ones. :whistle:

perry

boy the wife's peeed about storing tractor parts in the bedroom :D , I don't know what her problem is, I can't let my newly refinished parts get wet, she'll just have to get over it .

Mike R

:whistle: i like your style.

i think at one point most of us here have had parts scattered threw out the house :dunno: .

and congrats on becoming a wheel horse owner :WRS:

:D

C101Mike

A couple of before pics, I'll try to add some pics of some of the completed parts later

th_57090108.jpg

th_57090107-1.jpg

th_57090112_0001.jpg

th_57090109_0001.jpg

linen beige

boy the wife's peeed about storing tractor parts in the bedroom Mike R

Then let her know that you are not all too happy with her insistance upon keeping a huge, space hogging bed in the other 'Horse stall.:WRS: I mean, come on, you got a couch don't ya!. :whistle:

bustedglass

Hi Mike, and :whistle: . Not long ago, I was a newbie myself. And, I can tell you that these guys here can help you with ANYTHING ! ! !

Great pictures of a great machine. Can't wait to see the "Finished Product" .

P.S. - Good to have another Mike here ......................

C101Mike

Then let her know that you are not all too happy with her insistance upon keeping a huge, space hogging bed in the other 'Horse stall.:D I mean, come on, you got a couch don't ya!. :whistle:

I'll give that a try........ note to self hide anything that will make a dent :WRS:

Thanks for the welcome, seems like a good group here

Mike

Rod(NASNUT)

Good to have you here Mike. Another JD convert, good to see :D While going throught your restoration should you get stuck, it's very likely that you'll find the answer you need here, which will probably include pictures as well. Hope to see some pictures of your C101 as well.

Again :whistle:

Yes what he said and a big :WRS: and also :D

linen beige

Yes what he said and a big :D and also :dunno:

Yes, What THEY said! All jokes aside, :D This forum is a gold mine of USABLE information from very knowledgable folks. :whistle: