Sign in to follow this  
landsurveyor

Information on Horses built in Belgium

landsurveyor

Hi Peeps,

Does anyone have an answer to the mystery that is the belgian built tractors model numbers and dates of build etc? The US Toro website hasn't recognised any of the chassis numbers I have entered, for info, :banghead:

I am sure it will be of help to the UK collectors.

Simon

:thumbs:

Anglo Traction

Hi Simon, Post 'em up here and we'll see what we can dig out.

meadowfield

Hi Peeps,

Does anyone have an answer to the mystery that is the belgian built tractors model numbers and dates of build etc? The US Toro website hasn't recognised any of the chassis numbers I have entered, for info, :banghead:

I am sure it will be of help to the UK collectors.

Simon

:thumbs:

Hi,

was just thinking about this on the long drive home...

Can we start to collate all the Belgian Wheelhorses we know and the relevant model numbers. Whilst all the ones I have are 'real' as you say the subtle model number differences do not show on the toro website.

I think from my previous enquiries that it's unlikely anyone will have the details, but I'm sure we can work most of it out amongst ourselves, and the US guys will more than likely fill some of the gaps when it comes to recognition of major parts, etc.

I will dig out my chassis/model number and post here, would it work if we all add to the thread?

thanks

mark

• Like 1

kpthorsefan

Try leaving out the last dash and last two digits in the chassis No.

wh1257

hello as you know I am a collector in Belgium a while ago, my father uigenodigt at the factory that once the old wheel horse forces were put and shipped to various distribution handlers my dad has the specimen list can look and indeed the numbers on The wheel horses are different in belgium are factory was also an entire bookcase full of books and parts of each tractortje what they made there is a book I ask if she could send me the model list that is always handy

meadowfield

hello as you know I am a collector in Belgium a while ago, my father uigenodigt at the factory that once the old wheel horse forces were put and shipped to various distribution handlers my dad has the specimen list can look and indeed the numbers on The wheel horses are different in belgium are factory was also an entire bookcase full of books and parts of each tractortje what they made there is a book I ask if she could send me the model list that is always handy

that sounds great - do you have any information on the Norlett tractors that were made in Belgium?

mark

Anglo Traction

Not sure what you guys mean by Chassis number?. :banghead: I'm aware of the Model Nbr and the Serial Nbr. I'm familiar also with the U.S. Made 'Julien' Build Date reference, which was not used on Belgium Built Units.

Toro's site does not recognise Serial Nbrs, at least not for Euro Units. Neither does it have Illustrated Parts Lists for many models (U.S. or Euro).

I suppose that most people are aware that they can order 'Owner/User' and Parts Manuals for their Models direct from Toro ? (mine were free).

If Vincent has access to more detailed infomation, then it will be invaluable.

Many Euro Built Models were constructed using what parts were shipped over to them. This did not always correspond to the U.S. Model change date (usually around the 9th Month) where the next year's models were produced for sale in the following year.

Euro :thumbs: had older parts fitted to following year Models where U.S. ones had the updated/modified parts fitted (no problem with that). So it is very difficult to obtain correct parts or Re-build a W/H Tractor over here to (Euro or U.S.) Spec for a specific year......unless you have one that has Not been ba@@+*>ised and assuming you want to anyway.

Parts were also sourced locally for Euro Models, i.e. Seats, Steering Wheels and front Tyres (tires).

Gentlemen (& any Ladies) ..we have a challenge on our hands. Nobody ever said it was going to be easy!, but we'll have a go.

meadowfield

Vincent,

I know my tractor to be a C-101 of around 1979, but the numbner does not show on the toro site unless I change the 92 at the end to an 02

serial.jpg

Do your fathers records cover date of manufature and what the model numbers were?

thanks

mark

kpthorsefan

Not sure what you guys mean by Chassis number?. :hide: I'm aware of the Model Nbr and the Serial Nbr. I'm familiar also with the U.S. Made 'Julien' Build Date reference, which was not used on Belgium Built Units.

Toro's site does not recognise Serial Nbrs, at least not for Euro Units. Neither does it have Illustrated Parts Lists for many models (U.S. or Euro).

I suppose that most people are aware that they can order 'Owner/User' and Parts Manuals for their Models direct from Toro ? (mine were free).

If Vincent has access to more detailed infomation, then it will be invaluable.

Many Euro Built Models were constructed using what parts were shipped over to them. This did not always correspond to the U.S. Model change date (usually around the 9th Month) where the next year's models were produced for sale in the following year.

Euro :WRS: had older parts fitted to following year Models where U.S. ones had the updated/modified parts fitted (no problem with that). So it is very difficult to obtain correct parts or Re-build a W/H Tractor over here to (Euro or U.S.) Spec for a specific year......unless you have one that has Not been ba@@+*>ised and assuming you want to anyway.

Parts were also sourced locally for Euro Models, i.e. Seats, Steering Wheels and front Tyres (tires).

Gentlemen (& any Ladies) ..we have a challenge on our hands. Nobody ever said it was going to be easy!, but we'll have a go.

Ok model number.................

MikesRJ

91-10K801...1979...C-101 8-Speed Tractor

I suspect, based on several Belgian model numbers posted in previous threads, that the only difference between the US models and Belgian models is the "9" in the model number, which I also suspect is the indicator of a Belgian built machine. That said, your model was only produced in 1979. The US equivalent would be the 91-10K801 and 91-10K802. Vincent's list should prove that a correct assumption.

wheeledhorseman

There certainly appears to be a pattern. My Belgium built B-111 six speed has the model number 92-11BF91 whereas the equivalent US model recognised by the Toro site was 92-11BF01.

mhirst121

I had the same problem trying to date my C-81 it is 91-08k8-91, did not recognise this but if you changed the last nine for a zero it worked ok. This was not the case with the 800 Commando, it recognised the 1-0110 model number ok.

MartinH

Anglo Traction

It would be interesting to know if this use of a '9' in lieu of a '0' in the Model number is repeated on Euro Models other than 1979 built Tractors?. If there are others, then Mike's theory of a 'Belgium Indentifier' may work.

I have not found any discrepancies in Model Nbrs that have a Single Prefix number i.e. 1-0100....... yet!.

Maybe they (Belgium Factory) introduced a Date coding system of their own at some point.

Or maybe the person who Stamped the Plates just had a problem during the year he worked there before the Foreman sussed the error and sacked or moved him/her :hide: .

adgecutler

I have been trying to find out dates for my uncles tractors and my own and had no joy. Does anyone think they have this cracked yet?

MikesRJ

What model number do you have?

adgecutler

Here are some of the tractors my uncle has:

Raider 12

Model 1-0311

Serial # 125108

Comando 800

Model 1-0143

Serial# 136750

Raider 10

1-0394

He also has a c81 which does not have the usual id plate but a mountfield one with the serial # 12697

My tractor which is another Raider 10 has a completely different model number to his one, mine is model 71-10kb with the serial number being 160727. This tractor has the seat mounted as on a C series and does not have the tool box arrangement the other Raiders I have seen have. Is this an aftermarket change or where there such variants hence my different model number.

My thanks in advance to anyone who can enlighten us in any way ie: dates etc.

MikesRJ

the first and last show up as US made machines, or at least the model numbers are anyway. The middle one doesn't show up in the Toro database, and I suspect is the only Belgian made machine in the lot.

Your Raider 10 is 77, your Uncles is a '75. WH changed number formats between those years so the number difference is not unusual.

The "71-10kb" as you call it is probably a 1977 B-100 (model 71-10k801)

adgecutler

Thanks for looking MikesRJ but there are five tractors listed and four have Amnor Belgium ID plates on them, do you think this plate was added to a tractor shipped complete. I probably sound daft with thes questions but as of now I know very little about Wheelhorses (as you have already guessed), I am however hoping to learn more. Jamie.

Anglo Traction

Hi Jamie,

Well as Mike says the 1-0311 Raider 12 follows the U.S spec and your Uncle's is identical to mine. It's a 1972 .

The C81 is either 1978 (81-08K801 )or 79 (91-08K801 or 91-08K802 ). 8hp 8 speed. With no I.D. plate, it is near impossible to tie it down to a year. the Engine Spec nbrs are the same for all 3 model numbers.

The Mountfield 5 digit number tells me it's more likely to be 1979. You could check on Toro's site using these numbers to check parts lists for any obvious differences.

Model design changes after 76 incorporated the Fuel tank in the rear under the Fender, hence the loss of the old Toolbox facility.

I can't find your Commando Model anywhere either. There is a 1-0145 (1974) B80 listed.

Note also that Belgium built models continued to carry the 'Named' tractor Decals on after the U.S. ceased them (1973 ish). This means that over here (UK/Euro) we have to use the U.S. model numbers etc to identify and obtain correct Manuals etc.

adgecutler

Thank you very much Richard, my tractor has no toolbox yet the fuel tank is under the bonnet still is this indicative of a changeover model? The model number is completely diffaerent also.

Kind regards, Jamie.

Anglo Traction

Check this link out , it will show you what you have in Exploded view Parts form.

Type the Model number in as Mike reckoned (71-10k801) Click on Look up parts , 2nd page and look for Sheet Metal #1 & #2

Regards

https://homeownersolutions.toro.com/portal/...wingDiagramPage

jukeboxje

Hi

I'm new here on this forum, and i have a question.

My brother became last saturday a Wheelhorse A-800 made in Belgium.

He got this from the chief wo he works.

The Wheelhorse stands a year of 10 outside the factory, in rain and dust.

But after working 3/4 hour the engine are running, and we have drive with it.

But the carburretor are damaged, too much side play on the trottle axle.

But can anyone tell me more about these machines?

They are different from the USA machines, no electrical starter.

meadowfield

There are a few A800 owners around, start a new thread and we'll have a go at answering.

A800's were built as Tecumseh 8hp electric start as far as I know. The engine should be an V80 vertical shaft. The starter may have been removed at same point. Is there an ignition switch and wiring?

Mark

Btw welcome to the group!

wheeledhorseman

Hi jukeboxje, and :WRS: . It's good to have another Euro member.

I have a little A-800 Ranger also made in Belgium.

Here's how it looked when I got it

post-4509-0-48551300-1367358508_thumb.jp

post-4509-0-58630300-1367358531_thumb.jp

Mine has electric start but there was an A-800 for sale on ebay in the UK recently that had a puil start.

You can download a manual here is for an electric start model but the rest should be the same.

The main difference that I've found is that the european model made in Belgium has a standard fender the same as you would find on a C series but it doesn't look as though it belongs to the tractor and doesn't fit it very well. The US model had a fender designed specifically for the A-800.

There's a thread on my resto here

Which reminds me that I must post an update with the decals Mark (Meadowfield) did for me.

Andy