Hammerhead

704 Wheel Horse with early 4 wheel wagon

Hammerhead

100_9616.jpg

This was right before the snow came in like a Banshee! This is my test mule tractor and my recent free, early Wheel Horse wagon. Looks like a very early wagon, maybe 1958. Anyone know what year it coud be? Thanks..KJ :ychain:

• Like 2

gd.pudge

thats cool!

racinfool40

:ychain: Looks like they were made for each other!!!Sorry don't know much about the wagons yet!!!!

Brrly1

Keith, Now don't quote me but I don't think that is a Wheel Horse wagon. I have been wrong before but I did a quick check back thru the manuals that I have but I did not see anything with the bracing like yours has. I beleive that one of the guys down in southern Ohio has put one on ebay (1955pond) Greg, I think. I now that there are a few more #'s in his screen name but I will bet you know who I am talking about. Like I said I am not 100% sure maybe someone else will offer their opinion.

Happy New Year. See Ya, Bye

Burly :D

:ychain:

TT

Keith, Now don't quote me but I don't think that is a Wheel Horse wagon.

Good call, Burly! :ychain:

I haven't pinned down the manufacturer of these wagons yet, but it wasn't :D . I don't think :D actually made their own wagon in the first place, but the "official" ones had a different "frame" and their decals. (and the ID tag in later years)

Here's what info I have, and I sent Greg M. the same scan:

wagon59-1.jpg

Hammerhead

Thanks TT and Burley! After I got it home and cleaned it up, I noticed what looked like green paint under the red paint in a few spots. Not sure who makes these but that is a cool photo you scanned for me! Did you see a year on the ad anywhere TT? There was a company that made wagons for WH but I can't remember who it was. I think they mention the maker in some old literature I have.

Thanks again! KJ

Brrly1

Keith, if I remember correctly Ohio Steel use to make Wheel Horse carts plus their own carts . I am not positive but I think I am really close. I think that they were out of Columbus, Ohio. They're again not real sure, hopefully someone should be able to pinpoint this for us. Greg, from southern Ohio also has a pretty decent looking wagon that he had on ebay. I don't know if it sold or not but looked good. The bed looked pretty decent also.

See Ya, Bye Burly :D

:ychain:

Redbirdman

Here is a photo of mine from 20 years ago, notice the chassis like in the ad but not in the photo up top? That was about 1988 and the trailer came from a farm that was owned by a family for 20 years then. They said it was there when they arrived which makes it about 1970 or older.

The tow bar was just replaced in '88 after it unhitched from the tractor and rolled downhill fully loaded with mulch, jamming the hitch into the dirt and folding over on itself...........no kids were in the trailer at the time :ychain:

which probably explains the difference in the different hitches in the photos

WHtrailer-1.jpg

I have the tailgate and the trailer has since been sandblasted, repainted and now kept in the garage........(a locked garage with a Rottweiler) :D

ED

Uncle Buck

Does anyone know, are the 4 wheel WH wagons a bit rare?

AMC RULES

:wh: or not...those 4 wheel wagons are just plain cool.    :thumbs: 

CasualObserver

Fairly rare. There's quite a few owned by the members here... but they don't get sold very often.  I have one and use it regularly hauling mulch, dirt, plants, kids, etc....  I'd probably sell it, but it would have to be a really good offer.

• Like 1

Uncle Buck

Fairly rare. There's quite a few owned by the members here... but they don't get sold very often.  I have one and use it regularly hauling mulch, dirt, plants, kids, etc....  I'd probably sell it, but it would have to be a really good offer.

I have a 4 wheel wagon, it is one of the few attachments I own. A neighbor drug it out of a scrap pile and brought it to me. All 4 tires and wheels were shot, the rims were rusted through it had taken the weather so long. I put new tires and wheels on it, but plan to put a set of original WH tires on my replacement rims at some point. The wagon does not look bad, but it could use blasting and repainting though the sheetmetal is in great shape, just rusty oddly enough.

rydogg

Jason, how about a trade?

CasualObserver

Ha... not likely. ;) I'm thinking more of a large cash offer... something along the lines of way more than its really worth.

Via Tapatalk 4

rydogg

Lemme talk to my banker....who needs a new furnace anyways I can keep this one going with a little hammer coaxing once and a while.

Uncle Buck

Lemme talk to my banker....who needs a new furnace anyways I can keep this one going with a little hammer coaxing once and a while.

LOL, the wife will love ya for that!