Sign in to follow this  
300zx

Kubota FEL

300zx

I have never had an FEL until now. I just got a 1979 B7100 and more recently an FEL for it. I put the FEL on the tractor yesterday and it worked great. I was looking at the the RS threads today and saw SHUBOXLOVERS D160 with it's FEL. The design looks very similar to the B219 FEL I just put on. I checked the model plate on the Kubota FEL, and sure enough it said, mfg by ARPS. So I guess Kubota at least in the late and early 70's got their loaders from ARPS. OOPS, I just realized the Wheel Horse FEL was made by ARK. It is still a very similar design.

2010%201221%20Kabota%20FEL%20007.jpg

Kelly

Nice set up, I just sold my B-6100e this summer it was ruff, but ran like a top.

rickv1957

Very nice tractor!! :ychain:

sorekiwi

Nice tractor!

I dont think I've ever heard anything bad about a Kubota, and if I ever need something bigger than a Horse, that is where I would look first.

Shuboxlover

Great looking tractor!!!!

I saw a compact Kub. in KC a couple weeks ago for CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!!

Wish I would have jumped on it, it was only on CL for like an hour....I wonder who got it :ychain:

300zx

This one came from Michigan. I am in central VA, but it was worth the 1300 mile round trip to get a one owner well taken care of tractor. Both the husband and wife were diesel mechanics. It came with the front blade, Howard rotivator (tiller), one bottom plow, dirt scoop and 48" Woods Mower. Since I got it, I bought a 48 snow blower in Maryland and the FEL in Philadelphia. We all know how these addictions go!! I am planning to redo my 1 acre yard next year and needed a compact tractor. Anyway, that was my logic and I am sticking to it!!!

Here are some before and cleanup pictures. The first picture is how it looked when I bought it 2 weeks before Thanksgiving. The next two pictures are after I put it on jack stands and removed all of the sheet metal from the chassis. I gave it three doses of pressurized kerosene, let it soak and then pressure washed off 31 years of oil, grease and grime. The next two were after I pulled it back in my shop. The last picture is after I sanded and painted the rims , cleaned and waxed the sheet metal and assembled it. At some point I will need to replace some of the decals. The mechanical condition of the tractor is excellent and with only 1300 hours, it will last me for as long as I will need it. Just like everyone else on this forum, I get a lot of satisfaction out of refreshing and restoring old equipment that still has a lot of life left.

Tractor%20%26%20Blade%20left.jpg

2010-11-23_B7100%20teardown%20008.jpg

2010-11-23_B7100%20teardown%20002.jpg

2010%201125%20B7100%20Kubota%20Cleanup%20001.jpg

2010%201125%20B7100%20Kubota%20Cleanup%20003.jpg

2010%201128%20B7100%20Kubota%20006.jpg

hodge

Here are some before and cleanup pictures.

Do I recognize these photos from orangetractortalk?

I love my 7100. They are fine little tractors, and a nice step up from a Horse. Both serve their purpose, and the Kubota is built very practical. And I love the purr of the diesel...

dclarke

Nice lookin kubota, that will make a good worker. :banghead:

can whlvr

kobotas are great,my bobcat has a kobota engine

Arndts small engine repair

Hi great photos ! :thumbs: