Sign in to follow this  
TT

Die cast Wheel Horse on ebay

TT

If anyone wants a die cast Wheel Horse C-101 that looks an awful lot like an MTD, just follow this LINK.

(don't get your hopes up -- just get your wallet out! :whistle: )

Curmudgeon

Yeah, I fell for one of those once. Then noticed the tape covering up the real name, the fake stickers on the tractor.....

Dropped $40 on it, then dropped it in the trash I was so ticked.

TT

It almost makes me want to buy a few die cast lawn tractors, some red paint, and a few "custom" decals from TD. :WRS:

And this also reminded me of another WH "toy"..... wonder how "Wild Bill" is making out with the die-cast 854's? :whistle:

linen beige

Fellers; Notice how he doesn't show the brand name of the die cast company, and feels the need to mention that he only took it out of the box for photos? Sure fire signs of a rip off artist. Now I'm not really one to blow my own horn, but I am a very accomplished model builder. I've been beating around the idea of doing all the measuring needed to scale down an RJ-58. I plan to disassemble mine for a total restoration anyway and could pantogragh all the castings as I went. Do you guys think there would be much market for say a one eigth or one twelfth scale RJ built from soldered brass frame components, cast metal engine and tranny, and hand formed brass "sheetmetal"? I don't want to invest in making the molds for the castings or the jigs for the frames, or the die forms for the sheetmetal if I can't recoup at least some of the costs. I have one of the plastic 1/25th Indy specials on top of my tv now, but I think it would be neat to have a high quality Wheel Horse model on display. :whistle:

Rollerman

TT I've been wondering about Bill & his die cast projet myself.

As far as the ebay tractor....I'm not sure whats going on there.

I do know some there was someone putting Wheel Horse decals on a "Toro" type die cast tractor at one time.

When I say Toro type...I mean Toro tractors pre Wheel Horse.

They looked good on a shelf from a distance...ut it was obvious it wasn't a Wheel Horse.

Curmudgeon

All I'm going to have for a while is "little" stuff. I might be interested in a model such as you mention, Jim. Unfortunately, I'm sure one would be worth way more than I could afford................

C-Series14

That model is so far from being a C-101 it is unbelieveable! I need to go lay down now... :whistle:

Dual Wheels

They confessed,,,It's a Snapper Tractor with WH stickers on...(backwards)