Sign in to follow this  
Matthew hurst

Foot Throttle

Matthew hurst

I would like to put a foot throttle on my C141 and still have the throttle in the dash. Did anyone ever do this, if so I would like to see it. Thanks :ychain:

Kelly

You can use a foot throttle for a pulling tractor, but I'm not sure you will be able to leave the dash controls hooked up, I'm sure there is a way some how.

420lse

D250's have hand and foot throttles. Why not a C141?

Matthew hurst
untitled.jpgI thought of of making the foot throttle connect to the throttle bar and the dash throttle u shape around the bar. as in the picture I made

TT

That's too complicated......... :ychain:

The easiest way (copied after Mack trucks) would be to hook the foot throttle cable up directly to the lever where the hand throttle cable currently attaches.

Remove the hand throttle cable housing clamp and slide the housing back far enough to allow a short piece of small chain (about 3") to be installed between the end of the inner wire of the hand throttle cable and where it originally attached on the lever. (where the foot throttle cable is now fastened) You can use a cable stop to secure the chain to the end of the cable.

To make it look nicer, you should probably shorten the hand throttle cable - but that's up to you.

The hand throttle cable will pull the lever via the chain, but the chain will allow the lever to move (and not bind) when using the foot throttle.

Redbirdman

Just something to think about: How about a de-throttle? Once you get used to it, it really works great!

I had one on my JD 450 dozer and our little Case grade tractor.

The Case originally had a foot throttle (as well as the hand job) and most of the time you would be going-zoom-zoom-zoom as you bumped and bounced and your foot mashed up and down on the throttle. But with the de-throttler, you set the power with your hand bar and when you reached the end of the pull you just mashed on the de-throttle with your foot. Then you could use your hands to lift the implement or steer of shift the shuttle. Then after you get set; just lift your foot and you're back to speed again!

The regular foot throttle may seem like a nice advantage, but if you are doing a lot of real work it is much nicer to have the engine spooling at a constant rate.

ok......sorry, I'll go back in my box

Ed :ychain:

WH Raider10

Vincent has a foot throttle on his 1257. It looks to be made with the shifter from a motorcycle. It's hooked up on the place on the engine were you should normally put the throttle cable. I think there was placed an extra spring on the governor to bring it back to idle. I'll ask him to post some pics.

:ychain: :D

pumper.atv

the JD farm tractors like our 3020s have a foot throttle that you can use when needed and then it goes back to where your hand throttle was set

Its nice when you have to speed up for a quick time

6wheeler

I don't know if I would like that, I have enough to do just steering straight. And, keeping my implement of choice at the time, doing its job. Let alone trying to run a foot throttle. Jeez, a guy could spill his beer with all that commotion going on :ychain: Hey Pumper, How did the cab work. Pat

pumper.atv

They have it on, were having a little trouble with it dont know if its fixed yet

AMC RULES

WOW! I still can't get over the fact that your Case came with a hand job. You done good. :ychain:

Matthew hurst

I got one made, and PICTURES taken Tractor096-1.jpgTractor095.jpgTractor096.jpgTractor094.jpg