C-160 Tractor

Got me a 2-stage blower but I'm Missing 1 part

mr.pipes

The auger gear box takes SAE 90 gear oil. Page 23 of the manual has info on what to lubricate with what and when to do it. I would use stainless nuts and bolts on the brackets for the rubber so you can get them apart in the future. If toy are going to take it apart to paint it the galvi will be fine for now. See how it holds up and see if you want to try something else.

C-160 Tractor

Looking good! Since you already have it apart. Do yourself a favor and get a new chain. Chains stretch over time and cause irregular wear on the sprockets.

Thanks, but I cleaned this one really good and the blower has a adjustable slide plate so I can adjust it to be just right. I am trying to save money now. Well not spend so much so I can put it towards other modson my tractor and still looking for a snow cab.

Wait till youj all see the free goodies I got from my uncle! He is awesome to me!

25lb wheel weights, cement weight for rear, 2 sets of chains to try for length, and a free torpeedo heater. :ychain:

Operator

Brian you can pull a few bolts out of the auger drive and split the case enough to drain it. I'd still look in the ends of augers by auger drive, Inspection.

Randy

C-160 Tractor

Brian you can pull a few bolts out of the auger drive and split the case enough to drain it. I'd still look in the ends of augers by auger drive, Inspection.

Randy

ok thanks I will.

so here are the goodies I got.

kinda late now to play with this stuff but I have all week off next week and all my shopping is done!

so tractor time!

lol

pics

IMG_20101214_163859.jpg

he had chains on side attach to his tractor and then stacked more round weights on the top pole!

he thinks I will be fine with just the chains and rear wheel weights cause my driveway is flat.

2 sets of chains, have to figure out which work best length wise.

IMG_20101214_163913.jpg

heater for my garage. :ychain:

IMG_20101214_163941.jpg

I am going to paint the weights now as well.

sgtsampay

Can never have enough weight. HEHE>

C-160 Tractor

Can never have enough weight. HEHE>

he had all this weight on his because he had a nice slope on his last house's driveway.

mine is all flat. lol

But I am sure it will help.

this goes like this but then you strap it to the rear end I guess thats what he told me.

IMG_20101214_223255.jpg

I am going to try it with just these and see how it goes when the time is right!

IMG_20101215_004952.jpg

I used the new heater and it works awesome, painted a lot of the snowblower insides.

I can't wait to use the heater to thaw out my tractor after using it as well!

IMG_20101214_231142.jpg

IMG_20101214_234823.jpg

IMG_20101214_234828.jpg

IMG_20101214_235154.jpg

IMG_20101214_234836.jpg

IMG_20101214_234843.jpg

IMG_20101215_005508.jpg

close up of chain, things mint now. lol

(I am going to look into getting that 10' of chain for 20 bucks lol if there is such a deal to be had I want it for my front tires!

IMG_20101214_235258.jpg

IMG_20101215_005356.jpg

Drained the oil from this thing, left it open overnight.

IMG_20101215_004627.jpg

cut the tire up and its pretty darn thick. I may cut up a old car tire I have here instead or buy some flat rubber from the store.

IMG_20101215_002304.jpg

also getting word on a snow cab possible deal. :ychain:

sgtsampay

OK, so that blower better through some snow, with all of the love you have been giving it. LOL.

C-160 Tractor

OK, so that blower better through some snow, with all of the love you have been giving it. LOL.

It will I bet, once I get it going.

I just have to give it more love now. :ychain:

One of the shafts is bent for sure, unless anyone see's something else.

I do not think its the Impeller shaft so that is a plus because the impeller is pretty solid on the shaft.

The impeller and shaft spin true.

I believe that the auger shaft is bent a bit because the movement is slow up and down and in and out.

kinda like in a circle, which is causing the impeller shaft to move in and out of the impeller shaft bearing.

A big rock must have got sucked up and the blower was so powerful it pushed down so much and bent the auger shafts.

I believe I am going to have to remove the augers from the shaft and check those shafts and try and straighten them.

I bet I can with some heat and bending.

I cannot run it like this with the shaft moving that gear in and out like that.

I'm going to go look at a exploded diagram now to see what I have to do to remove them.

but these are the ones I think are bent.

2-1.jpg

VIDEO

http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g98/bsha...urrent=bent.mp4

Painted these on a side note. :D

FILE0072.jpg

C-160 Tractor

I'm happy I have all next week off of work and should have some time to work on it then.

but do I have to remove the auger and impeller again to get these shafts out?

Or if I crack open the diff case the way it is and slide these out?

no clue lol

Capture-1.jpg

Wheelbearing

That shaft is bent like a BANANA.

C-160 Tractor

That shaft is bent like a BANANA.

Haha was it you that said that already? Well thanks again but I was in denile before.

Going to go out tonight after dinner and start taking it all apart.

WheelHorse_of_course

Looking good! Since you already have it apart. Do yourself a favor and get a new chain. Chains stretch over time and cause irregular wear on the sprockets.

Thanks, but I cleaned this one really good and the blower has a adjustable slide plate so I can adjust it to be just right. I am trying to save money now. Well not spend so much so I can put it towards other modson my tractor and still looking for a snow cab.

Wait till youj all see the free goodies I got from my uncle! He is awesome to me!

25lb wheel weights, cement weight for rear, 2 sets of chains to try for length, and a free torpeedo heater. :D

The correct chain was absurdly cheap at TSC. If you throw the chain just get a new one - been there done that. If it does not derail then you are fine.

:D :ychain:

C-160 Tractor

25lb wheel weights, cement weight for rear, 2 sets of chains to try for length, and a free torpeedo heater. :hide:

The correct chain was absurdly cheap at TSC. If you throw the chain just get a new one - been there done that. If it does not derail then you are fine.

:D:ychain:

I just found a local tractor store and I have the chain off again now so I may go get some if its cheap.

Auger all apart set up the axle and spun shaft, can see right auger shaft is bent a bit :D not by much. But it makes sence cause that auger on that side was bent a little but I already straightened.

Well going to take center diff apart now so hopefully tomorrow I can heat and straighten the shaft.

Wish me luck!

sgtsampay

Wow. The move up and down is not nearly as bad as before. I guess the work you did on the impeller really helped.

What progress are you on the rubber mod?

Wow. that thing looks great! Keep it up.

I wander if your rock idea is true., but if so, that msut of been a huge rick!

mr.pipes

If someone ran into a solid object I think that would be enough to push the augers up in the center and cause a bow. With the weight of the tractor and blower with all that inertia hitting a low staitionary object. The augers would have no choice but to bend up if the whole blower was not lifted by it. I'm sure we all have seen the damage lots of mass at slow speeds can cause.

C-160 Tractor

No progress on the rubber mod yet, I. Reaqlly want to get it working correct before I bolt stuff to impeller to make sure that isn't a problem as well.

To tell you the truth there is only a 1/4 " gap between impeller blade and case not sure if it is really needed after seing that!

So I got it apart last night then realized the shaft is one big long shaft and not 2 seperate ones like I thought lol. Ended up heating middle area and putt between two trees and bending. Then setup on cinderblocks and hit it a few times with that gient cement round weight! Lol worked it looks a lot straighter now. Didn't have time to put together again. Going out tonight so probably tomorrow. Was to busy to take pictures lol

Broke a bolt on center diff was pissed, drilled and put bold and nut instead. Show you all later today. Gotta go do a job now.

Brian

sgtsampay

wow ,alsome dude.

I had a 1/8tyh in gap and after the mod i saw a huge diofference. Beleive me, 1/4in will make a difference. LOL.

But getting that bar strait was way more important. Glad to see you fixed it..

C-160 Tractor

wow ,alsome dude.

I had a 1/8tyh in gap and after the mod i saw a huge diofference. Beleive me, 1/4in will make a difference. LOL.

But getting that bar strait was way more important. Glad to see you fixed it..

yeah those are my thoughts as well.

I really want to see how well it will throw snow the way it is first.

Maybe get it on video like Duke did before and after. :D

I was going to go see a movie tonight but we can't find a sitter so we are staying in and going out Sunday instead.

So that means more time working on the tractor tonight. lol

Man my back, neck, fingers and finger tips, and legs are sore from working on that thing so much lately. haha

I even walked into the auger blades in the dark and ripped my pants and cut my leg pretty bad.

this thing is beating me up! lol

but it will be worth it to blow some snow !!!!

here are some pics of the broken bolt!

1st one I tried to remove.

:ychain:

IMG_20101216_231721.jpg

IMG_20101217_000120.jpg

one last picture after a long night of work last night!

I was just testing to see if it looked straight here and it does.

!

well will see soon.

So last night I had a hell of a time taking off the big gear that drives the impeller!

then broke the diff bolt! the night started Great!! NOT but ended good cause I "think" its straight now!

:D

sgtsampay

YeAH i WILL Also be doing a test with my single stage with the mod also. I saw a guy who did it to his single and it worked great. I want to see it on my beast. :ychain:

Overall, great job. Can't wait to see an update tomorrow on it.

BTW, tomorrow at 10:45am will be your first whole week with it. LOL.

C-160 Tractor

YeAH i WILL Also be doing a test with my single stage with the mod also. I saw a guy who did it to his single and it worked great. I want to see it on my beast. :ychain:

Overall, great job. Can't wait to see an update tomorrow on it.

BTW, tomorrow at 10:45am will be your first whole week with it. LOL.

haha thanks Bobby,

1 week into the overhaulin. :D

Send me a link to your MOD on the single stage if you take some pics and post them.

So I went out and assembled it all back up tonight.

I think its ready.

I did a little test using my video camera to see if it moves any, then watched it after and it barely moves at all now so I cannot wait to start it up and try it.

I just cannot tonight it's too loud! lol

I will make a video once I start it to see if it is all good, but here is what I filmed tonight.

It's amazing if you look at my last video like this how much I straightened it. :D

[url=http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g98/bsharon_2006/Wheel%20Horse%20tractor/Snow/?action=view

dgoyette

Greatly improved.

I hope we are going to get some follow up videos once the snow flies please and thank you :ychain:

Nice wheel weights too.

sgtsampay

You did it!! You did it!!

No more bending/curving then.

Looks fantastic!!

Can you make a video of it running today? Thats would be cool to see. LOL.

Very nice dude..

Also, I will make a thread on how to mod the singles later next week once I do the mod. I got to get the tractor running first and do a base run first. :ychain:

C-160 Tractor

YAY I DID it!!! This thing works great now.

check it out.

cheers.

[url=http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g98/bsharon_2006/Wheel%20Horse%20tractor/Snow/?action=view

danjmah

Looks perfect! I love the 'Before and After' video. Great job.

C-160 Tractor

Looks perfect! I love the 'Before and After' video. Great job.

thanks Man :ychain: