Sign in to follow this  
TT

Carpenter work in the shop

TT

Trying to keep 13 tractors in a 14' X 26' building and still have room to move has been a giant P.I.T.A. for a long time. :whistle:

The logical choice would be to build on, but the money is NLA. (the other choice would be to get rid of some tractors -- NOT! :D )

So..... I used up some of my free 2X4's today and built a tractor rack. :WRS:

753 & 854 get the top shelf:

042708005.jpg

502 & 633 tucked under them:

042708006.jpg

The end (of the shop): :D

042708011-1.jpg

Funny how many people slowed down to look at 12 tractors parked in the yard! (two are back inside the shop in this photo)

042708004.jpg

kj4kicks

Hmmm.... didn't see any black ones in the pics LOL.

Good idea on the shelf storage!

nylyon

That's because the black one is top secret stealth.... Great job, now you can get more horses...

illinilefttackle

Neat idea! But maybe I missed something here but, how do you get them UP there?

Nice looking shop too!-AL

Kelly

Nice job TT, I need to build me a loft to store mine on, I just can't seem to get rid of any of them. Did you drive them up ramps or push them?

TT

I used my old planks from my pick up truck hauling days, and Hobie, the neighbor, and myself carefully pushed them up. It's about 45" to the top of the platform, and the planks are only about 6' long, so it was quite a steep climb. :WRS:

Since the 753 & 854 both run but need more work than the others, I chose to put them on the "top shelf". I'll get them down when it's their turn for more attention. :whistle:

Rollerman

TT I have a similiar "bunk bed" for 2 tractors in my shop...actually a stand I made for the stand up jet skis I used to ride & adapted over to the tractors.

My father inlaw still has a large claim of space in my garage though & as soon as thats cleared out I'm planing a shelf along the back wall of my place.

I don't have the road along the shop though for the drivers buy to give there admireing looks. :whistle:

perry

looks like you had good productive day :whistle: . smart move building the shelf.

i dont see any gravelys hanging around. or did you push those down to the creek already ?.

TT

looks like you had good productive day :WRS: . smart move building the shelf.

i dont see any gravelys hanging around. or did you push those down to the creek already ?.

The Gravely's are in front of the Farmall. (yes.... it's STILL here! :whistle: )

They didn't make the photo, but the man I owe a zillion thanks to can be seen hanging out in the doorway -- Dad, you're on RedSquare! :D :D

Rod(NASNUT)

:WRS: TT looks like I should have went for a ride over there and had a look at all them when thay were out :whistle:

CasualObserver

Next will be a trap door in the ceiling and a platform hoist (like a ship's cargo hoist) so you can get them upstairs!! :WRS: nice job with the scrap 2x's TT! :whistle: I have enough trouble getting mine on my 24" high worktable, I couldn't imagine trying to push them that high without help. (Or some really really long ramps! :D )