Sign in to follow this  
bigbobbyb

Grass bagger for C-100

bigbobbyb

Hello,

I am a newbie to this forum as I just picked-up a 1974 C-100 this weekend which is in excellent condition. It has the 10hp Kohler engine, 8 spd & 36" mower deck. My question is if a bagger attachment is available to fit it? The mower deck is #5-0721 (side discharge).

Thanks, Bob

TT

:thumbs:

There are no tractor-mount bagging systems for your combination, but a powered bagger system (either PTO powered from the tractor or with it's own engine) could be used with most of the side discharge decks - providing the right "boot" was installed at the discharge opening.

This set-up would require a "covered" trailer or suitable wheeled container to be pulled while mowing.

Do an internet search for Brinly PolyVAC or Trac-Vac.

AMC RULES

:) Not to steal your thread but just today I too was wondering the same thing about my '88 520-H. Is there a :wh: bagger attachment out there that fits my tractor? :thumbs:

• Like 1

TT

Is there a :thumbs: bagger attachment out there that fits my tractor?

That would depend on the deck.

There was a system that was powered off of the right blade spindle pulley (requires a double pulley) for the newer 42 or 48" SD decks.

79301 IPL @ PartsTree (LINK)

gsleezer

I had a C-81 that had a bagger with it's own engine and that hooked on the back axle and there was a metal pan for the bag to ride on and just yesterday came into possesion of a C-120 that has the same settup.

bigbobbyb

Hello,

Thanks for the responses regarding the bagger for my C-100. I found a "Lawn Vacuum" listed in the Owners Manual. Looks like a bagging system, but has a different deck. Is this only for vacuuming, or can it cut & vacuum? I have not been able to find much on this subject.

I've also been thinking about getting new "winged" blades and retrofitting a bagging system from an MTD tractor. Is there any reason winged blades can't/shouldn't be used?

TT

The design of the older decks was never intended for a catcher/non-powered bagger. They are essentially wide-open boxes (I know - they do have a baffle or two) with the blades near the very bottom.

In order for clippings to "blown" up through a tube and into a collection device, they must be directed in to a channel of increased air flow and speed - neither of which you'll find on the old decks. The deck shell should almost ride on the turf and the blades should be up inside the shell far enough to create lift (vacuum) and lots of air flow.

As much as I hate to say this, if you want a lawn mower with a non-powered bagger or catcher, buy one that's designed for it. (It won't be a :thumbs: either)

If you're dead-set on mowing with the Wheel Horse, either forget the bagger, buy a powered bagger, or adapt a complete MTD/AYP/Husqvarna/etc. high-vacuum deck and catcher system.

bigbobbyb

Thanks for the response Tricycle!

While I like the SD, it takes a lawn sweeper out of the picture as an option.

Does anyone know about the "Lawn Vacuum" attachment? I noticed it has a blower powered by belt off of the engine. Do these things cut or really just vacuum?

Thanks.