Sign in to follow this  
300zx

Seat Support Strut (gas spring)

300zx

This is a good generic replacement for the seat strut (gas spring). I found it at Advance, StongArm F4673 (center one in the picture below). It was $11.99, but if you buy two with the current sale flyer, they reduce them $2.50 each, so the final cost before tax was $9.49. It has the same 3 inch stroke, 9.5 inch center to center length and 3/8 inch holes at each end as the OEM. The shaft and gas chamber are a little smaller in diameter than the OEM. Closing force is about 35 lbs. I put it on this morning and it worked perfectly. Since I needed 4, it was a good savings over the $40 OEM gas spring. Does anyone know the closing force on a new OEM gas spring? 35 lbs on this one seems to work well with the seat.

2010%201101%20%20Seat%20Lift%20Strut%20001.jpg

• Like 1

Lane Ranger

John: Thanks for posting this information! This is the kind of useful information that helps a lot of Red Square members keep their tractor in good operating condition!

:thumbs:

sawhorse

Advance Auto had the tractor lights for the front of my 1989 310-8 (fit many others too) last time I was in there. Thanks for the seat support strut tip.

varosd

Old topic but this was such a perfect fit, I wanted to bring it back up. My new to me 520-H had the worn out seat strut and while other posts had mentioned having your kids (AKA yard apes) hold the seat up for you...I trolled onto the handy dandy RS search engine and lo and behold...pictures, model numbers and where to buy. didnt have to drill anything or modify in anyway. Thanks to all of RS members, Mods/Admin for all the present and past valuable information. (How did I do this stuff before RS ?!?) :text-thankyouyellow:

• Like 2

Wheel Horse Kid

Those are great tips! Thanks guys for the info!

mrc

hi 300zx, GREAT info!!! i need one of these for a tractor i am refurbishing. GREAT tip!!!! thank you. mike in mass.

546cowboy

I have tried buying used ones with no luck so this is great information. That is one thing I could not find and now I know where to look. Thanks. :woohoo:

varosd

price of it went up. paid $18 or 16 here in Central PA.