Sign in to follow this  
ff1110

Got it going!

ff1110

I got it going! Thanks to everyone who pointed me in the right direction for a carb.

Runs like new!

MyWheelHorse005.jpg

I also picked up the snow plow at a flea market for $40 and the cart at a garage sale for $5.

Now I have another question.

This is a 1973 8hp 4spd, model #1-0120. The front tires on it are 15x6.00-6, and the rear are 20x8.00-10, one of which is an original Wheel Horse tire. It seems to me that I have read somewhere that these are the correct sizes for this model, but the IPL I downloaded shows the rear tires as 7.50-12 and the front as 16x6.50-8 with ball bearings (mine has solid (bronze?) bushings on the front.) Does anybody know which is correct?

I think another inch would solve a couple of problems I have--

1) the angle lever scrapes the ground with the blade down,

MyWheelHorse011-1.jpg

2) The hitch seems awful close to the ground.

MyWheelHorse010-1.jpg

Some one before me fabricated this hitch to pull his cart with, but I would like to take it off and put a slot hitch on.

Anyone?

Thanks!

sawhorse

:thumbs:

You might need to find a manual for the slot hitch hookup, but generally there is a cable that runs from the lower setting on your lift arm under the tractor to the top of the transmission where it goes through a short tube and is hooked to either a swing arm or directly to the slot hitch. FYI there are some nice ATV tires that will fit those 10 inch rear rims, but a pair of 2-link snow chains on those turfs would be virtually unstoppable.

Don1977

I don't know what is right size for you tractor. Looks like you have room to install the larger ones. Some one here should have some used ones. Try posting for a set in the Want Adds.

GlenPettit

Looks like larger 23" tires would solve both of your concerns (1.5" higher), I would suspect that the PO reduced the size of the rear tires.

Weights on the rear would certainly help with plowing, unless you weigh over 300#, as would chains, or both.

Nice looking tractor.

I like to spray Silicone on the blade, everywhere, greatly reduces the snow from sticking (best on a warmer-sunny day, silicone sticks better). Sand & smooth out any rough spots first, paint next summer.

Michigan Glen

rustyoldjunk

i believe those are the original wheels one your tractor.i sold one that had wheels like yours and saw one other.but i am pretty sure that the larger wheels will bolt right on in back and slide on in front and be fine.

gwest_ca

The operator manual shows front tires as 15x6.00-6 and rears as 20x8.00-10 for the 8hp 4-speed.

Garry