dclarke

857 rebuild

dclarke

Yea Denny ,I did the same thing to my raider & it worked for awhile ...  :greetings-clappingyellow:    Till the plastic knob breaks from pulling/twisting on it ...  :*****:

I figured it'll break sooner or later, I think I'm going to see if I can't turn one on the lathe one of these days.

Ken B

I was following along on this one and somehow I missed the ending! All I can say is that what you have done is the true definition of a full and proper restoration. Your work is superb with lots of attention to detail, the tractor look fantastic! I've used Martin Seynour paints before on a few vintage outboards I restored and I liked it. The 857's are one of my favorite tractors, I love the stocky look to them and there is something about how that starter/generator belt guard looks and how it fills the engine bay, I love that look. Its work like this that inspires me to get out into my shop and get my rear in gear!

• Like 1

Martin

Denny, I was wondering how long it would last. the one on my 1057 is still in one piece. amazing, i thought it would be done by now, every time i pull on the thing i think, "will this be the last time or not"......

Pullstart

Old thread, but I’m glad to have read it!  Just another fine specimen from Denny!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1