Sign in to follow this  
stoneman

hot peppers

stoneman

here's what they look like coming off 2 cycles in the smoker. (about 4-5 hours total)

c-81andlogsplitter003.jpg

then after a few more hours in the oven at 200 degrees.

c-81andlogsplitter004.jpg

Some of them are just a tad hot, and others are ridiculous. I don't dry them all completely. Right out of the smoker you can cut the tops off, clean the seeds out, (save them), then fill them with your favorite cheese. i like a mix of cream cheese and ricotta. put them in the oven at 350 for 5-7 minutes, have a drink ready and go.

The completely dried ones I put into a skillet of heated oil for a few seconds (10-20). They pop up to their original size. Then leave them on a paper towel for a minute. You can enjoy them a lot of different ways like this. Crumble them up and put them on whatever. I'll just put a little salt on them and eat them like chips sometimes. :)

Take those seeds and dry them real good. I mix them with some dried peppers and grind them in the blender. Put what you get into an old spice shaker. Great on lots of stuff as well.

Warning: Those hot ones can be kind of :thumbs::):wh:

They're easy to make if you have the time . . . and if you want to try mine, let me know and i'll send you a few.

horsefeathers

They look pretty tasty comin' out of the smoker!

I can almost taste'em!

sawhorse

What kinds of peppers do you have there?

I couldn't help but notice that the plate of peppers was on top of a wheel horse.

:thumbs:

wheelhorse656

mmmm looks good, i love hot peppers! :thumbs: