mhrischuk

310-8 idler pulley pair up front seized...

mhrischuk

One of the bearings seized up solid on the pair of idler V-pulleys up front for the deck. Having a heck of a time getting the inner pulley off. That's the one that seized.

Does anybody have the part numbers? Can I just buy the bearings?

Thanks, Mike

WH nut

You can get the whole pulley off ebay or strens has them. Dont know the part number right off hand. If you have heat you can try and get the pulley off that way, or saws all

rmaynard

First of all :)

Are you referring to the idlers in the mule drive?

Bob

WH nut

Thats what it sounds like to me

hodge

Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but the bearings aren't replaceable, and the pulleys themselves aren't that expensive. If you can't get them off, it is pretty easy to come by a complete mule drive with good pulleys.

Duff

He may mean one of the idler pulleys on the 37SD deck if he's got one. I've gone through two already since I rebuilt the deck and I tend to run my belt a bit on the loose side so as not to stress the bearings. :USA:

Duff :)

Audioshot

I got my 37DS deck idler pulleys from Don Dye Co. for a 1/3 the cost Toro wants. They made the OEM ones for Wheel Horse / Toro. The website is: http://www.dondyeco.com/. It's part # BCFI-76 You have to call it in and they ship COD.

TT

Having a heck of a time getting the inner pulley off. That's the one that seized.

Does anybody have the part numbers?

He has to be referring to the deck drive belt tensioner ("mule drive" as some folks call it :USA: ) since he specified "inner pulley".

OEM # is 104974 and yes - the first few years of the two-blade 37" SD deck requires two V groove pulleys on the tensioner due to the six-sided #111178 drive belt. :)

Applying heat will usually get them unstuck - or a cut-off wheel on a small grinder can be used to "split" the race after the rest of the pulley is cut away.

carolpjohnson

He has to be referring to the deck drive belt tensioner ("mule drive" as some folks call it :D ) since he specified "inner pulley".

OEM # is 104974 and yes - the first few years of the two-blade 37" SD deck requires two V groove pulleys on the tensioner due to the six-sided #111178 drive belt. :thumbs:

Applying heat will usually get them unstuck - or a cut-off wheel on a small grinder can be used to "split" the race after the rest of the pulley is cut away.

Hi, I realize this thread is very old. Would these 2 pulleys that are side by side be exactly the same........They look the same but just wanting to make sure before I try to purchase. Thanks 

bmsgaffer

Welcome!

And the two pulleys are the same ASSUMING you have a 37" deck with a 6 sided v-belt.

On all other size decks, one will be a V and one will be flat.

carolpjohnson

Welcome!

And the two pulleys are the same ASSUMING you have a 37" deck with a 6 sided v-belt.

On all other size decks, one will be a V and one will be flat.

I do have those on 310-8. Inherited it from my mother. The 111178 belt is noted by her in parts of the manual that I have. I didn't have a parts list. Thanks for the quick response and the welcome.