Sign in to follow this  
Aussie

416-8

massey

Nice job.

Aussie

I didn't get a lot done over the holidays as I was waiting for the gearbox bearings to arrive so I could start on re-assembly. I finished painting all of the small bits and pieces. The bearings finally arrived a couple of weeks ago, I think they must have stopped off in Hawaii on the way, for a holiday.

Thanks to the manual that Steve sent me and the excellent photo series that Greg posted a while back, I didn't have any problems getting the gearbox back together.

21m51yp.jpg

I replaced all of the needle bearings in the cases except the small one that is listed as NLA. New balls and spring in the detent, new bolts for the diff and all new seals should see it right for a few more years of use.

3525d1w.jpg

Once I had the gearbox all buttoned up I bolted it back onto the frame and fitted the front axle.

16az4ug.jpg

14l4uie.jpg

I am going to get a heap of fasteners tomorrow, then things should really start to go back together.

dgjks6

That is some great work. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Aussie

Not a lot to update. I have been adding parts and it all is going together well at present. I have got the tractor back rolling, was going to bolt the motor back in on the weekend but realised i forgot to paint the oil drain tube and that needs to go back on beforehand.

Here are some progress photos. I should be able to get it outside soon to take some better pics as it is quite dark in the shed.

jpc7pl.jpg

wh1umr.jpg

5o8je8.jpg

qx2rnk.jpg

2a5kf45.jpg

stevebo

That is one very nice job. I would call that more than a refurb !!

JC 1965

WOW!! Aussie, You do great work, thanks for all the pics. :thumbs: :thumbs:

rob65

Looks great! hope mine comes out half as well! :thumbs:

VinsRJ

I would have to agree with all...... that thing looks NUTS! I'm glad that this post has been revived. :thumbs: