Sign in to follow this  
trucker79005

Newbie from Texas

trucker79005

Hi all,

Here's my story. I've been trying to help my brother out and he has this tractor he was going to sell to the first person to come up with $500, but it needed a belt to drive the mower deck and tiller. He said it does run, but that he'd had to bypass some of the safety swiches:( I told him i'd see what i can find and low and behold i find a cult following :) .

Now maybe i want this thing for myself, but i'm not sure if its worth what he needs or if its a real good one to have. I've searched craigslist, ebay, etc. and found some similar but not close enough.

Here's the specs I do have.

Wheel horse c-165 tach-a-matic

Plow and tiller attachment included

model and serial number on tractor are wore off.

Engine ?# 71311 Model K341AS Serial # 14030110

mower Deck 0537SC01 72678

Found another forum first that said my model was probably a 11-16k801

I have lots of pictures, but haven't figured out how to post them yet.

JimD

:USA: I think a running C165 with the attachments you mentioned would be worth the asking price. Pictures would help to get better advice. Get a photbucket free account and upload your pics to there, then copy the image code that show up when you put your mouse over the pic, then paste it in your post and your pic will be there when you post. Looking forward to those pics. :)

mavfreak

:)

trucker79005

Ok. Here Goes! This is the first 5 pics, but here they are if it works :) I have some more close ups.

PlowAttachment.jpg

Tillerpulley.jpg

Tractor.jpg

DeckPulley.jpg

EngineCompartment.jpg

Looks like I for sure need a deck and tiller belt if i buy this from him.

Roger from southern Iowa

Looks good.

kajamo240

Personally, I think its definitely worth 500 big ones. Nice set up there!

racinfool40

:USA: and I'd give 500.00 for it :)

bmuone

Welcome aboard....you got a keeper there.

Operator

First off :USA:

I think it is worth it too, look at the deck spindles, nice and clean no rust! Faded paint ain't no big deal. Other than the seat :) I think it's a good one.

Randy

trucker79005

Wow! thanks for all the welcomes and input. Guess I'll see if I can find the belts and five big ones:) If you have any favorite places for parts, let me know. I guess i'll have to get pics of it working if i get it :)

bmuone

Are you gonna use this tractor for mowing, gardening, or both? I'd take the deck off if I was not going to be using it to mow. As far as parts go I've bought parts from a member on this site...from the internet, Jacks Small Engine, and locally. Not much local though. You pretty much have to get the right thing or you're spinning your wheels.

trucker79005

Think i'd use it more for mowing than the gardening. After finding out how much the belt is to run the tiller attachment i might just have to use my hand push tiller for a while:) Looks like I might need an idler or something to make that work.

If i've been told the right number for the belt for the mowing deck i may be able to get it for $40.

Sure wish the serial number on the tractor wasn't invisible:(

bmuone

Keep checking back here. You have enough information that some ole timer can tell you all about your tractor.

trucker79005

Will do. Headed for tennessee tomorrow, but will see what everyone has to say when i get back. I noticed your location and started to think maybe you were close, but betting no closer than 400 miles. Gotta love TX :)

gwgdog66

Your C-165, just going of the engine # is a 1984 11-16K801.

I looked up the available mower decks on the Toro website, and didn't find the 37 SD Mower deck as an option for that particular tractor.

The 37 SD decks were for the later 300 Series tractors, but is should work just fine. You may have to put some smaller front wheels on the tractor to keep them from hitting the deck while turning.

The belt numbers I found for the deck model # you posted are 111178 Drive belt (Mule Drive) and 108194 (I'm not sure if this is the belt for the spindles or not) there was just a note out beside it that it was for the 05-37SC02 deck.

Maybe one of the other members TT, Ricky V or Duff or someone that has a SD deck will see this and get the correct numbers for the belts for you.

bitten

Hello and :)

tgranthamfd

First off, :) . There is a good parts supplier there in TX. that I use that has very competitive pricing. Look for mowpart.com . If you have your part numbers, you can just do a quick search, or with your model numbers, you can look up your parts break downs.

VinsRJ

trucker79005

Now you all have me curious. What other kinds of toys/attachments wete available for that tractor?

W9JAB
image001-1.jpg

bmuone

Hey trucker (did not catch your name yet) you can find a lot of stuff on your c165 by going to the search at the top of the page.

1. Click on search

2. put c165 in the block on the left under search by keywords

3. on the right side under Search Options, where it says 30 days ago and...click older.

4. Then click perform the search and you will get a lot of good reading from previous post.

Yeah I'm clear across Texas from the Panhandle. I'm between Paris and Commerce.

garybllrdr

what aprt of texas, hankamer texas here i have run across a few wheel horse tracors down here. as well as a lawn repair shop who has a couple in his collection and at times can find parts

trucker79005

Sorry to be so anonymous :) I think I got my signature fixed. I'm Laura and I'm probably closer to anyone in Oklahoma than you guys from Texas. 680 miles or so from hankamer and 450 from Dayton in Ne Texas. Still working on the search. I'll figure out whats not answered there and see if i can get my questions in the right ?threads?. Thanks for the great welcome and all the help.

WH854

:USA: I have one of those, only it is an automatic,yours looks like an 8 speed from the picture. That 16HP is a strong engine here is a picture.

Jul0109.jpg

Good Luck with your tractor :)

Chas :wh:

trucker79005

chas,

Love yours!! I want mine to be shiny like that :) Oh, and it is mine now. You guys are all bad influences!