B-8074

She Doesn't Know

Daddy Don

Frank (Bowtieguy) I been in your shop and you don't have a lot of room left to put another tractor in. You could buy a dozen more and put in there and no one would know. I have to get back up there one of these days and try to deal you out of some of them. Good luck. :)

B-8074

I took the mule drive off when I put it on the trailer. And the belt is hanging in the garage. Almost got it all cleaned up (just pressure washed). Changed all the fluids, rebuilt the carb. The fuel tank had a bunch of crap in it, and couldn't get the motor to run smooth. Also adjusted the tranny and tightend up the steering with shims. Should be ready to put to work tommorrow. I'll get some pics.

linen beige

The rule is she gets a new critter every time I get a tractor.

:) What happens if one of her critters dies? Do you have to shoot a 'Horse? :USA:

ktrout01

I just started collecting tractors but I know what you mean. My wife found my second gun safe 3 years after i bought it. I built it into the wall under a staircase. Thankfully she hasn't found the third one yet.

btw... She DID ask me what I needed the second Wheel Horse for when I already had the 854 and my beat up Murray. Tractors are harder to hide than gun safes. LOL ! I also have have a Massey Ferguson 65 with a FEL for my landscaping project. I wish I could have found one of the larger Wheel Horse models with a FEL before i bought the MF.

stevasaurus

JimD and I were talking on Skype about bringing horses home and how many do you need, and we remembered this thread from way back.  We thought we might bump it up and see if things are still the same with the newer members.  So enjoy an oldie but a goodie.  :)

• Like 4

JimD

We had such a good time reliving this thread this afternoon so tell us your stories. Do you have a secret place to store them till you can work them into the herd unnoticed? Do you have a giant dirt pile out back where you hide new arrivals so the Mrs. won't see them? :ychain: (Joe)
What other antics have you had to resort to in order to keep adding to your herd? :)

• Like 1

squonk

I tell my wife I'm taking her to lunch at a restaurant that's not in town. She asks  "Is there a tractor along the way" :lol:

• Like 6

JPWH

My wife thinks I only have two she does not realize I have a third also in pieces. She thinks the two are one too many.

• Like 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

I don't hide WH since I only have a few, but my wife has not figured out that the tool or tools that I buy for each little project are not needed for the project. You don't need a bigger scroll saw to lay tile, or how many nail guns can you hold in each hand. Who has three Skil saws and two are industrial grade. Who needs a porta band when the have a portable metal cutting band saw.HA HA  Of course how many women need 4 closets full of clothes ? All of them

• Like 7

953 nut
:eusa-think:             If I attend a gathering or show I feel rather obligated to bring home something greasy or rusty; otherwise she would be suspicious!          :ROTF:
  • Like 5

C-101plowerpower

Most of the stuff i drag home sneaks it's way through the narrow path beide the shop. It stays there for a day or two before i start doing stuff to it. By that time my parents ask where the hell that "thing" came from. Most of the time the answer is i allready had this. They are getting suspicius tho since the small engines and parts of mowers are starting to pile up

• Like 2

AMC RULES
If you hear...what's it to ya enough times... :eusa-hand:
eventually, most people would stop asking.   
  • Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

Most of the stuff i drag home sneaks it's way through the narrow path beide the shop. It stays there for a day or two before i start doing stuff to it. By that time my parents ask where the hell that "thing" came from. Most of the time the answer is i allready had this. They are getting suspicius tho since the small engines and parts of mowers are starting to pile up

I would think that your parents would be happy with you  messing around with small engines and not acting like a lot of young people your age.

• Like 4

C-101plowerpower

I would think that your parents would be happy with you  messing around with small engines and not acting like a lot of young people your age.

they were up until engine number 10. Then there were the mowers they were attached to. Having only a small one car garage things get out of hand quick and i had to throw a lot of em away(most of em were junk anyway and i only had them to look what went wrong)

• Like 1

Marv

Richard,
 is that like going fishing an stopping at a market on the way home and get fish?
Marvin

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair

they were up until engine number 10. Then there were the mowers they were attached to. Having only a small one car garage things get out of hand quick and i had to throw a lot of em away(most of em were junk anyway and i only had them to look what went wrong)

Tell them you are learning a trade, instead of hanging out and doing drugs. They will leave you alone.  :)

• Like 4

Aussie

no wife, no strife = happy life
I don't know how many I have as I ran out of fingers and toes at 21

• Like 4

ACman

My wife asked if me if these tractors breed like rabbits!:text-lol: I'm a newbie started with a 59 RJ and 702 in the beginning of September  two  weeks later a Charger 10. Then last Tuesday a half of a 702. Dennis Thorton told me (you'll find no cure here just lots consolidation ) he was right.

• Like 5

squonk

My wife asked if me if these tractors breed like rabbits!:text-lol: I'm a newbie started with a 59 RJ and 702 in the beginning of September  two  weeks later a Charger 10. Then last Tuesday a half of a 702. Dennis Thorton told me (you'll find no cure here just lots consolidation ) he was right.

I think your avatar fits you to a " T" :):):)

buckrancher

You need to hide or get permission to buy more tractors:confusion-scratchheadblue:

• Like 3

DennisThornton

I bought a 416H home when SHE wasn't and just mixed it in with the others!  Been several months and she hasn't said a word!  I'm thinking I got away with this ONE!

"consolation" with empathy.  We will understand and feel for you.  Sadly, we all know there is no hope, and yet we are not sorry for you!  :rolleyes:

Oh, and I brought home a half of a 465, no a 564 or maybe 654.  Actually I'm missing the 6 and therefore of course the 5 but if you got the 7 maybe we could combine and make a 704.  Then if you are missing the 7 maybe we'd just have to settle for an 8 wheel wagon train or a two 4 wheel wagons train.  Or something like that...B)  Anyhow I just glad that somebody listens to me...

And by the way, starting with an RJ 59 is rather exceptional.  And if you spread the word that you do indeed have an RJ 59 you will get some attention, perhaps with envy without empathy!  

I did hear you type "RJ-59"?  That would deserve a thread of it's own!

WHX??

Might have figured you jokers to dig this out of the cellar....goes like this...

Me: Honey been thinkin about a snowblower for the driveway this year, sell the plow off the black truck..tired of ripping the lawn up...less raking for you in the spring ya know
Her: I suppose we gotta go to Minnesota again for this tractor?
Me: Ahh ..no...Illinois
Her: I suppose you just wanna go drink with that tractor guy that lives down there.....What about my bathroom remodel?
Me: No this one is in Woodstock, and the tractor guy down there is in recovery, somethin about bad rye, poor fella... nice 520H .....tiller with it too for the aspargus patch & deer food plot
Her: What about my bathroom?
Me: Only a 42 inch blower tho but there's a guy close that has a 48" two stage that I could fit up ... only askin 300 but i think I can talk him down
Her: How much for the tractor...there goes my bathroom

about this time her face goes like this....:angry-nono:

Me: Well he's only askin 2200 for the tractor. But I think I can talk him down a couple of hundred and it comes with a real nice bagger that we don't need and I know I can resell for at least $500, the blower I can sell for a couple of hundred and the plow off the black truck is worth at least 1000. That brings the price of the tractor with the 2 stage down to only about 500 bucks. Pretty good deal for this size of tractor!! Plenty of money left over for the bathroom.  I'm sure there will be nice fall colors on the way down and prolly good restaurants.
Her: (she gets her caclulator out to check my math which of course is way off since i didn't have my shoes off... %$*&# phones with calculators on them...whose stupid idea was that)  What about your shoulder surgery next month, how you gonna work on the bathroom one handed??
Me: I will go pee outside alot
Her: Yah Right
Me: Well I can't  plow with a bum shoulder so who is gonna clear the driveway? And  you don't know how to plow but I can show you how to run the blower. I can prolly run the tractor with a bum shoulder as well.
Her: The neighbors will come and help. What about my bathroom??
Me: You know he works for the railroad and is never home...besides I don't want your new 12000 dollar blacktop to get all chewed up from a sno plow
Her: We have the blower from my dad I can use.
Me: Thats only a cheap piece of murray 26 inch... it would take you forever besides ther it no lights on it and you get home after dark. It will break and I won't be able to wrench on it with a bum shoulder.
Her: I will wait till it gets light out.
Me: I'll look around for a cab for it so you can do it in comfort.
Her: The heater in the black truck works.
Me: Its a 95 and may break too
Her: What year is the tractor?
Me: Ahhh Hummm that don't matter these things  are built and it's got low hours (heres wher I think I'm losing)
Her: What about my bathroom?
Me: Well ok on the way to look at tractors we'll stop and look for tile and vanities I promise..her face kinda goes like this  :mellow:
Her: We'll see

I ain't got the tractor home yet but it's lookin better than 15 minutes ago:)http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/topic/59320-1991-toro-520h-48-deck-42-thrower-tiller/

Edited by WHX5
SPELLING
  • Like 2

stevasaurus

Hey Jim...if you want to go drink with that tractor guy that lives down there.  I think I have a couple of boxes of tile and some grout left over from a bathroom job I did some time ago.  Get a little Rock & Rye in her and she will love the tile and the tractor...and she will sleep all the way home.  :ROTF:

• Like 2

stevecobb76

hiding it from the wife??? you need a can of manup... and then a pillow and blanket because you will be sleeping outside with your new girlfriend!

• Like 1

WH nut

I fixed that problem, got rid of the wife.:bitch:

• Like 2