Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

Thinking of Spring now

nylyon

Well, I realize that Winter 2007-08 was bad for many of our mid-west members, but here in NY it stank like year old gas. For the past couple of days, I've begun to think of spring. This year, I think I'll get a deck kit for the 42" SD. I got one for the RD last year, and it worked out nicely.

What does everyone have planned to get the horses spring ready?

Sparky

Well I got a SD deck(cant remember the size) that needs just a little attention, so thats gonne be my spring project.

I also have to get 3 of my tractors back into summer oil. Seems like a waste as the 10-30 I put in fer winter probably has all of 5 hours on it.

Mike.......

• Like 1

TT

Top priority here is to get the 416 out of winter mode....

Change the rear tires back to the 10.50's without weights and chains, do a double oil & filter change, and do a little spindle work on the 48" SD deck.

The rest of the list is about 9 miles long and includes a starter and battery for the tricycle Charger, mount the replacement seat to the B-80, build a belt guard for the HY-2 on the 702, change the seat on the 704, and........ Oh yeah --

BUILD THE :thumbs: RAT- ROD! :thumbs:

kj4kicks

Nice day here, too ! Took the snow stuff off, and had the garage door open for awhile. That was weird....

dennisleno07

Today was pretty good here too but it started to rain bout 3 or 4 pm. So i had to cut the work on the 1973 Automatic 12 short. :thumbs:

kpinnc

I mowed my lawn yesterday for the first time this year. More leaves than grass, but it was still great!

I'm glad winter is almost done!

Kevin

Rollerman

Great day here as well...put my grader blade on my 1055 & leveled out all the ruts in my front gravel parking area, then fired up my 1ton Stowe roller & packed the gravel back in.

Also put my Johnny dump back on the 416 & racked the stone out of the yard from plowing.

Probably start doing some fluid changes this weekend too...have not done an Eaton 700 before & need to do it on the 312A ...any tips?

chevelletown

I want to drag them all out of the barn line 'em up an try to figure out what the heck to do with 'em all :thumbs: This will be my first Wheel Horse summer :thumbs: (and yes I'll get pics) I know once I dig in I'll have a barrel of questions...

Buzz

I took the plow and chains off the 856 and hooked up the wagon. Spent two days raking leaves out of the flower beds, picking up branches, trimming broken limbs off the trees and bushes, and hauling everything to the brush pile in the back of the woods. I got more seat time this week than I did all winter. I spent about 45 minutes plowing a whopping 2 inches of snow a couple of weeks ago. Had to justify the work involved with putting the plow and chains on.........

CasualObserver

You can tell spring is here... this place is a ghost town today! Hope you guys took your cameras... :thumbs: of some 'spring activities' later!

kpinnc

have not done an Eaton 700 before & need to do it on the 312A ...any tips?

Take your time Stephen. It'll be crazy slow filling it back up after draining. Take care not to let ANY grit in from the underside when you remove the drain cap.

Not much more to it! Have fun!

Kevin

MaineDad

3 to 5 inches of snow today :thumbs:

I cannot wait for spring. But I'm afraid it will be quite some time before I can take the WH's out of winter mode. We still have 10 foot high snow banks!

When I can go into spring mode, I need to change out the spindles on my 42" RD deck for the 314-8. All 3 of the spindles have one hole rusted out. Only two bolts are now holding each spindle on. That should help with the noise too :D

I'll do the normal routine of taking off the chains on both the 314-8 and 753. Remove the snowthrower from the 314-8, wipe it all down with a nice light oil rag and put in the corner of the garage currently being occupied by the mowing deck.

Change oil to SAE 30 on both horses and wait for the ground to dry up a but :thumbs:

Mith

I have been mowing for a month or so already. Its well into mud season now, so not much doing. Getting the small stuff stuck is fine as it just comes right out, but trying to get the 312 unstuck is tiresome, you cant just drag it out with another tractor, have to walk it out on the loader and hoe.

I think the 312 is due an oil change, its at 680 hours, and I think the last one was at 630. I might leave it to 700 so its easier to remember. The others are all oiled up and ready to go, well, the Commando is on mowing duty this year, so its been going for a while.

Stigian

Been thinking of spring here as well :thumbs:

I had a box of goodies turn up the other day to help my cutting deck out a bit.

I should be fitting them on at some point this week. :thumbs:

100_2689.jpg

kpinnc

I got the chance to play outside this weekend a little. I have two snow blades that I've never used, so I decided to get one out and grade the driveway. I assume this was not what that particular blade was built for, but it certainly did a good job. I now understand why hydraulic lift is a must when using these things. :thumbs:

My 310 looks even better with a little dirt on it!

muledrive082.jpg

muledrive081.jpg

It got dark before I had a chance to take pictures of the driveway, so you'll have to take my word for it for now. But, I did have a blast! Not enough winter down here to have many winter chores, so this was the first time in months I got a tractor out to actually work. I'm loving spring!

Kevin

dennisleno07

nice to see the old girl out :thumbs: :thumbs:

kj4kicks

Ian, Are those WOODEN wheels I see ?

Are you kiddin' me ? Talk about old school !! Nice.....

Rollerman

Eldon I was eyeing the wooden deck rollers also.

Pretty neat...wonder how the do compared with the plastic counterparts?

Stigian

Ian, Are those WOODEN wheels I see ?

Are you kiddin' me ? Talk about old school !! Nice.....

LOL, yep you spotted right, they are wooden rollers :D

Ive no idea how well they will last :thumbs: bit i think soaking them in a bucket of wood preservative might help make em last a bit longer :thumbs:

Somehow i dont think they are genuine Wheel Horse parts though :P

T-Mo

Spring is almost here in Missouri also. Grass is getting a little greener, or should I say, getting some green to it. I still need to get my mowers and weed eaters ready for the season. New oil, filters, plugs, grease, etc. for all of them. It's a good thing my Lawn Boys and weed eaters don't need an oil changed. :thumbs: Gotta love those F-series Lawn Boys. :thumbs:

CasualObserver

I finally got to see some grass for the first time since November these last few days, and this morning, it's gone again. Snowed overnight, SURPRISE! :thumbs: Not bad though, should melt off when it's supposed to switch over to rain later.