Sign in to follow this  
possum

new wheelhorse owner

possum

recently found an old wheelhorse tractor and need some info on it all i have is a model #56780 any help would be greatly apprreciated

tommy3horse

Hello and :omg:

Tom

possum

thanks for the welcome

KeithB

:omg:

tgranthamfd

:omg: Does it have a rounded hood, square hood, or a big red and black hood? The more information we can get the better your chances are of getting a positive identification. Does it have a 4 speed, 8 speed, or a automatic transmission?

rickv1957

Hello and :omg: Rick

rmaynard

:omg:

Send us some pictures. As they say, a picture is worth 1000 words. If you can't figure out how to post a picture, and you know how to email one, send me the picture in an email and I will post it for the group to look at.

Bob

rmaynard@qis.net

possum

thanks for the reponses as soon as i get some pictures i will send them to you it has a rounded hood the gears say 1,2,3,r guessing its a four speed, it has a blade on the back for leveling with 2 seperate disk,s for plowing and 2 spades for row making. i saw it at an old freinds place showed interest and he gave it to me. no rust holes any where and someone painted it all yellow and the motor is not the right one they installed wood blocks to lift the hood to fit a big briggs. my kids think its awesome and so do i.

Doubletrouble

:omg: :D congrats on the tractor.You'll have alot of fun working on that old horse and probably learn a bit in the process to. You've came to the right place for advice. Good luck !

802heath

hello and :omg:

Duff

Hi, and :D ! Glad to have you aboard!

Also glad to hear the PO used wood blocks to raise the hood rather than chopping it up to make things fit - it'll make it much easier to restore if that's what you choose to do!

Duff :omg:

tgranthamfd

With a round hood and a 3 or 4 speed tranny, it narrows it down quite a bit on identification.

tgranthamfd

Did the hood have a solid front or grills in it? Was the fuel tank, originally, mounted under the hood on the front, or toward the driver with the steering shaft running through it?

gwest_ca

56780 looks like a 1961 serial number.

Garry

barns1

:omg: These are a great group of guys with lots of knowledge. They are always willing to help a guy out.